Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

leave the baby home mod

by climbingsideways Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 1:43 AM

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:47 AM
this is awesome.
always wanted this.
thanks.

:llama:WOW - COOL LLAMA!:llama:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM
Thats awesome. Thank u.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM
awesome! you can imagine how FRUSTRATED i got when i commanded my sim to collect a large spacerock that was literally NO JOKE sitting right outside the property line..and i had to call the sitter..and he ate my damn key-lime pie..grrr..i was gone maybe 10 mins tops..so thank you sooo much using immediatly and i'll def let you know how it workin okie day ..*grumbles*..it was great quality pie too..lol
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:04 AM
Although I appreciate your modding skills, I don't think I should encourge my Sims to leave their babies alone.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyMercury1
Although I appreciate your modding skills, I don't think I should encourge my Sims to leave their babies alone.

Um dude there not real LOL
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:14 AM
Great, now Sims can be bad parents as well. Is it true there's no Social Services in game?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:21 AM
no its not true they are there
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ProudestMommy189
awesome! you can imagine how FRUSTRATED i got when i commanded my sim to collect a large spacerock that was literally NO JOKE sitting right outside the property line..and i had to call the sitter..and he ate my damn key-lime pie..grrr..i was gone maybe 10 mins tops..so thank you sooo much using immediatly and i'll def let you know how it workin okie day ..*grumbles*..it was great quality pie too..lol

Same thing happened to me only my sim had no money to pay the babysitter even after collecting the rocks so the babysitter took a potted plant instead.
Many thanks for this mod, it will be wisely used.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:09 PM
Thanks it was annoying, I could get them to stroll in the park next to the house in sight of the toddler with out hiring a pretty useless sitter, didn’t do anything but sit and watch TV ignoring the child
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
Thanks it was annoying, I could get them to stroll in the park next to the house in sight of the toddler with out hiring a pretty useless sitter, didn’t do anything but sit and watch TV ignoring the child

That sounds like a real babysitter.
Banned
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:34 PM
Don't try this at home, kids!

In real life, if you leave a baby or toddler at home, there is a chance that when you return, you may have a dead kid. (In our town we recently had a kid die when left in the bathtub while mom yakked on the phone.) And if Social Services finds out, they will take your kid.

Maybe you should include a chance that when the wayward and piss-poor parents return home, their kid has died?

I mean, shouldn't their be some sort of Darwin award for bad parenting?
Theorist
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:01 PM
For starters I can see this being an excellent mod for story tellers! Imagine the trouble their Sims could get up to with this!

From the aspect of a player only, though, this would be extremely useful as well. I obviously am not going to have my Sims leave their children unattended, but what about the couple who wants to walk right across the street to do a little fishing after the kidlets have gone to bed for the night? For one thing, they have me to check on the little one's motives and get one of them back across the street home if one of them needs attention. For another thing, they are so close that realistically they would hear anything that happened in their house.

I also ran into one of those situations a couple of weeks ago with a space rock in a field right next to the house. Then another situation where I had a couple fishing on the riverbank in Riverview. Because of the slope on the riverbank my Sim couldn't sit her down close enough to them to satisfy the distance parameter. Then another time this Sim took her toddler with her while she went to the mine to collect rocks. She sat the toddler down and started collecting and before she could go far enough to pick up all of them (they were all in the same area) the message came up about hiring a sitter. Hello! The toddler was well within her sight!

I really think EA dropped the ball in TS3 when they didn't make infant and toddler carriers the parents could wear so they weren't all the time having to put them on the ground before picking up something. Yes, it would have involved some extra animations but it would have been time and resources well spent.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
this is exactly why i made this mod. as far as bad parenting goes, i tested this on a child-hating sim father, and he is so far the only sim who will not send himself home when the children's motives get into the red. so with him, i have to watch the motives of the children carefully, to make sure they don't starve or get taken away by the social workers.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Don't try this at home, kids!

In real life, if you leave a baby or toddler at home, there is a chance that when you return, you may have a dead kid. (In our town we recently had a kid die when left in the bathtub while mom yakked on the phone.) And if Social Services finds out, they will take your kid.

Maybe you should include a chance that when the wayward and piss-poor parents return home, their kid has died?

I mean, shouldn't their be some sort of Darwin award for bad parenting?

yeah! that'll be cool! hehe... maybe someone can make a mod that when a kid will be left alone, the quicker their hunger level will go down... hehehe...
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM
Will The Baby Cry While You Leave It At Home Alone?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:24 PM
Default crying baby
Quote: Originally posted by Sims3Chica
Will The Baby Cry While You Leave It At Home Alone?

Only if it's motives are low
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:45 PM
Yikes.

I know that TS isn't real in the slightest but I've never been one for killing off my Sims or being a bad deity. So this mod is...well...it bothers me. Plus I'm a mom to a toddler and I refuse to even go out and check the mail without her attached firmly to my hip. (You just never know what could happen and I can't bear the thought that something could happen and I wasn't there to stop it) LOL Needless to say, I won't be downloading it or using it. But, I commend you on the work you must've put into it. There's no way I could figure out all the coding and what not and I admire people who can and do.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:22 AM
Can I use the gender always random mod with yours? 'cause the compatibility checker reports a conflict but I want to be sure about that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:02 AM Last edited by climbingsideways : 8th Jul 2009 at 5:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Can I use the gender always random mod with yours? 'cause the compatibility checker reports a conflict but I want to be sure about that.

do you mean this mod?

if so, then no, not that i know of. my mod only affects the caregiver routing monitor, and that one affects pregancy length and gender disposition, which is in a seperate xml file.

i will check it for you though.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by climbingsideways
do you mean this mod?

if so, then no, not that i know of. my mod only affects the caregiver routing monitor, and that one affects pregancy length and gender disposition, which is in a seperate xml file.

i will check it for you though.

Yes, it's this mod. Ow sorry I forgot to put the link *blushes* They logically shouldn't conflict *knocks on wood*
Your mod is really interesting and useful :lovestruc - especially since babysitters are such a terrible mess. The social lady should take the babysitter instead
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
sorry it's taking a while minimimi, i am testing this in between work and planning a wedding. have you tried running them both yet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlaidedPus
Yikes.

I know that TS isn't real in the slightest but I've never been one for killing off my Sims or being a bad deity. So this mod is...well...it bothers me. Plus I'm a mom to a toddler and I refuse to even go out and check the mail without her attached firmly to my hip. (You just never know what could happen and I can't bear the thought that something could happen and I wasn't there to stop it) LOL Needless to say, I won't be downloading it or using it. But, I commend you on the work you must've put into it. There's no way I could figure out all the coding and what not and I admire people who can and do.

yes, it's no joke to leave a baby home alone, and it does come with risks... such as, what if you do not notice the babies mood dropping, and don't get home in time for a feeding? for people who like to leave the game running without paying close attention, this mod could cause some all too life-like sim problems, if there sim decides to autonomously leave the lot and doesn't return to take care of the baby. the successful use of this mod relies on the simmer to be a good diety and use the newfound freedom wisely.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
Sorry for the delay, yes I've run the game with both mod and it seems to work. However I didn't had any baby sim to really test. So all I can confirm for the time being is that the game loads and play fine with both of them.
Really, there's no reason they should conflict, I'm not worried anymore ^^ Thank you for you handy mod, it'll make my sims life so much easier!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:24 PM
Hey... since I got this mod random npc families have been leaving babies everywhere... I have one laying in the middle of the park right now and it's been there for a while... seems like child services should come but it's been a whole day >.> Anyone have this problem?
Page 1 of 3