Locked thread | Replies: 20 (Who?), Viewed: 4841 times. | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:36 PM
Who would you like to make the TS3 Expansions?
Self explanatory, What company would you like to make the TS3 Expansion Packs? EA Black Box is the company that made the Base game for TS3. They have now shut down and no one currently knows who will be making the games. I personally would like to see the Maxis department who made The Sims series and The Sims 2 Series. They did a great job on other series i dont see why they cant make the new series. I am rooting for EA Maxis to take over. If not at least a company who will make some variety in Expansions.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:48 PM
Maxis won't do it, as they are too busy with Spore. I want a company who will actually fix so many things in the game, and put the store items in an EP.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM
Hmm..perhapa someone like Squaresoft or Bethesda, maybe Lionshead? That would be pretty awesome

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:18 AM
As time goes by, I'm starting to get afraid no one wants to buy it. Didn't it get sold around Decemberish? What happens if no one does? No expansions at all?

Squaresoft would be awesome!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:35 AM
Isn't there already an expansion pack in the making? That dreaded vacation EP?

And I'm beginning to be a little pessimistic, because there are issues in TS3 that are not only bugging me but a lot of people here, like the lightning/texture issue and the fact that the Sims themselves don't really look as good as they could have. It's not likely that those things will be fixed in this version of the game.

I know it's not going to happen, but would anyone here actually be sad if the next company it gets passed onto rebuilt CAS to something akin to TS2's BodyShop, replaced the face templates and allowed for easy CC making again?
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:45 AM
As far as I know the vacation ep is just rumor. I did a search, and the only thing I could find on Destination Aventure mentioned in the Gamestar site, is for the Tin-Tin game. Which of course has nothing to do with the sims.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
5th Jul 2009 at 12:47 AM
This message has been deleted by madmardy.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Lawliet_SC
Hmm..perhapa someone like Squaresoft or Bethesda, maybe Lionshead? That would be pretty awesome


Bethesda... *drool* I wish they'd done the WHOLE game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:52 AM
Thats makes me a happy bunny, because then I can still hope that the first EP will be more like Nightlife. We need to get our clubs and restaurants back. As of right now sending my "wild rocker girl" off on a night on the town means letting her eat a hamburger at the bistro and *not* watching her have a drink. Way to party.
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
On December 19 2008, EA announced they would be closing EA Black Box's Vancouver studio and moving the studio to its nearby Burnaby studio as part of a worldwide consolidation plan. Officials stressed that Black Box would remain open, and said they expected the move to be completed in June 2009


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Canada#cite_note-0

Yep, that was last month.

However below is this:

Quote:
Below, a list of games EA Canada and EA Black Box have developed. Items with an asterisk (*) indicate that they are known to be currently working on that project.


There is no asteric by TS3 or any other game which has me worried, since I know they were staving off banckrupcy. Before you say how much money they made when TS3 came out, remember they also had millions to pay off.

And... this is getting way off topic.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
Why do I feel a deep, deep urge to respond to this thread "Idk, my bff Jill?"

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
If square did it, it would kill my computer.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM Last edited by gotchan : 5th Jul 2009 at 4:05 AM.
Could Black Box's trouble explain why the four month delay was apparently wasted?
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:57 AM
I miss Maxis. Spore sucks.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:49 AM
Black Box, Maxis, Criterion, etc are all EA STUDIOS - that is, work locations of teams dedicated to specific projects. EA, like so many companies struggling in these economic times, has made some adjustments to consolidate and conserve.

The EA Games Label portfolio includes several established franchises such as Need for Speed, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Medal of Honor, Mercenaries, Spore and Skate. In addition, the EA Games Label has launched new franchises including Dead Space, Mirror's Edge and Army of Two, and has additional titles in development. The EA Games Label titles are developed at the following EA studios: BioWare (located in Edmonton, Canada and Austin, Texas), Black Box (located in Vancouver, Canada), Criterion (located in Guildford, England), DICE (located in Stockholm, Sweden), EA Los Angeles, EA Montreal, Visceral Games (located in Redwood Shores, California), Maxis (located in Emeryville, California), Mythic Entertainment (located in Fairfax, Virginia), Pandemic Studios (located in Los Angeles, California), Phenomic (located in Ingelheim, Germany) and EA Partners. The EA Partners group teams with external game developers and third party studios to provide these partners with a variety of services including development, publishing, and distribution. For example, in fiscal 2009, EA Partners included MYV/Harmonix, Epic, id, Grasshopper, and Valve

the above quoted from http://aboutus.ea.com/companylabels.action, emphasis mine
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Lawliet_SC
Hmm..perhapa someone like Squaresoft or Bethesda, maybe Lionshead? That would be pretty awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseZen
As time goes by, I'm starting to get afraid no one wants to buy it. Didn't it get sold around Decemberish? What happens if no one does? No expansions at all?

Squaresoft would be awesome!


Squaresoft doesn't exist. It's Square Enix now. Remember, they because Square Enix then started failing. Squaresoft had Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, then they became Square Enix and failed with X, X-2, and then became money mongering arseholes with XI. Now they just kill the franchise with XII and XIII.

I miss the days of plot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:12 AM
I was already aware that the companys were EA. However the point of this topic is to say who you would like to make the EPs since EA currently doesnt have any Companys set to make them.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoe2029
I was already aware that the companys were EA. However the point of this topic is to say who you would like to make the EPs since EA currently doesnt have any Companys set to make them.


My point is that it won't be a company which is not a division of EA, as some others have suggested, and that whatever EA calls the studio, its still the EA developers who are developing the sims and it's expansion packs.

According to EA, the Sims line is being developed for the EA Play Label, at The Sims Studio, at the Redwood Shores Campus, which is the corporate location for EA. So the company 'set to make them' is EA, and that at no time did development stop, the change is only the corporate structure, studio names and locations of various EA entities.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stygia2002
I miss Maxis. Spore sucks.


I agree. Maxis should just abandon that garbage and go back to The Sims.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:33 PM
I would like EA to make them. I really don't care what department.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes
My point is that it won't be a company which is not a division of EA, as some others have suggested, and that whatever EA calls the studio, its still the EA developers who are developing the sims and it's expansion packs.

According to EA, the Sims line is being developed for the EA Play Label, at The Sims Studio, at the Redwood Shores Campus, which is the corporate location for EA. So the company 'set to make them' is EA, and that at no time did development stop, the change is only the corporate structure, studio names and locations of various EA entities.


Where are you getting your information?

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:03 PM
Closing thread as we now have a sticky for all speculation and ideas for TS3 expansions. Please post here if you would like to continue discussion on this topic:

Expansion Ideas & Speculation

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Back to top