Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 12:51 AM
Default The Rainbow Legacy Challenge
1- yellow

Every generation after 1 will be determined by the first born childs favorite color.
The challneg ends when you have a generation for every color.
Genetics do not matter for this challenge.
When the children age to tots, you must change their hair/clothing color to that of the generations color.
The names of the children/founder must correspond to the color.
Ex. The color is orange. You name the child Peach
The house must be decorated in the current color for each generation born.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM
Sound cool, ecspecially the hair thing, purple-haired childdren would be so fun

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:42 AM
So, are people supposed to change the child's name? When they're born the name box pops up before you're able to see what their favourite colour is...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haylz320
So, are people supposed to change the child's name? When they're born the name box pops up before you're able to see what their favourite colour is...

You could go to the town hall I dunno if infants can go though...

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:57 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant.
The young ones can't, but their parents can.
Since I'm not really a fan of naming a kid then renaming it, is it okay to go to town hall and have Jack Smith become Jack "Purple" Smith?
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
Oh, if anyone was curious, the official rules for TS2 are here , but they can be easily modified for TS3.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:49 AM
I'm gonna try this!! My old legacy has lost its thrill. :/
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:43 PM
So I started this up sometime last week and I've been playing on and off with all my other families I play. First, meet the founder, Xanthe Argyris. On behindthename.com, her name is listed as meaning fair-haired or blonde, so yellow.

She married Yuri Ivanov and this picture is just for awesome and amusement. Yuri is taking her to the hospital in his tour bus.

Xanthe and her first girl, Gem, color violet. ...and there's purple gems... I was just being lazy.

Gem all grown up (mostly) and aging up her baby sister, Iolanthe.

Then she got a major crush on her half-brother Dmitri and asked him to go out with her...

And he proposed to her pretty soon.

But the maternity dresses made it look like a shotgun wedding. Especially Xanthe's.

But pretty soon she had her first child, Aphrodite, color Sea Foam. ...Aphrodite was named after the seafoam that she came out of. I can't help it if I want almost-normal names for colors.

I'll go away and leave you alone, now. I hope those are small enough. I shrunk them before I put them up anywhere.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:44 PM
Raikana those are so amazing!I love all the names and it looks like it's going beautifully.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:41 PM
how do you change a toddler's appearance like that?
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SkittleStealer
how do you change a toddler's appearance like that?

You select the toddler from the family icons, then click on a mirror for hair/makeup or a dresser for clothes.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:29 PM Last edited by Chocolate+Sims=:) : 20th Sep 2009 at 12:38 PM.
Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! Look at my pics too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Generation 1 - Buttercup Wobnair
[IMG][/IMG]

Buttercup Wobnair`s House - Exterior
[IMG][/IMG]

Buttercup Wobnair`s House - Interior

By SimsFillsMyWhims

Blue and pink rooms are kid rooms BTW
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate+Sims=
how do i post an image coz my images are da right dimensions but i don`t know how 2 get them on

You go here and read the tutorial, then practice in that thread before trying again.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:27 PM
Seeing as my LTW legacy just gliched out on me, I came up with cool idea, Am gonna combain this one and that one together. So that should keep me entertained for couple of days.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 12:59 AM Last edited by Diane Lyn : 26th Sep 2009 at 1:41 AM.
Hi,
I like this challenge so I tried it - so here goes.

This is Saffron Rainbow my first generation.

Her house

The kitchen

The Bedroom

The Bathroom

The Living Room

Saffron married Sherman Bagley who became Sherman Rainbow.

They had twins and the first one had the color spiceberry. I used purple.

Two baby rooms

Baby room

Sherman with Viola

Viola

Violet

This is as far as I have gotten - actually it's will get. My computer started crashing so I removed all cc and have to install it again a little at a time.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 6:53 AM Last edited by smashersaurus : 25th Sep 2009 at 8:17 PM.
Default Yay!
So I just re-installed the sims, and I came to the forums looking for a challenge, and this one was totally different and seemed fun.

I set up my house, and created my sim. I decided to tweak my rules a little and I'm going to give traits that relate to each colour somehow.. for example, Yellow being the first, I went with: Excitable, Good, Ambitious, Friendly and Good Sense of Humour.

Anywho, here's Marigold and her "space":

House:

Living:

Dining:

Kitchen:

Study:

Bed:

And finally, Marigold:

Looking forward to the next generation!

Updated:

Generation 2 is up and a Young Adult. It's pretty sweet, my second colour was Grey (my personal favorite) and I named her Ash (also my name yay)

Here she is:

I'm having alot of fun with this.
(Also, I'm playing at medium lifespan, since there were no rules, and we pretty much have to play 20 generations.)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 1:36 AM
Wow Smashersaurus, both of your Sims are gorgeous! I love the house too.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:36 PM
actually to make it easier because twenty colors is a lot i grouped some of them. i kept the original color generation names from the TS2 challenge. here are my groupings if anyone else wants to use them:

yellow
orange
lime
blue
white/grey = white
black/spice brown = black
turquoise/aqua = turquoise
red/pink/hot pink = red
green/irish green/sea foam = green
purple/violet/spiceberry/lilac = purple

right now I'm on my second gen, and his favorite color is grey. so he is the white generation...his name is Kei Rainbow. his mom's name is Blaine Rainbow. (Blaine literally means yellow; Kei means sandy or white)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:03 PM
Hi guys! I wanted a break from my other legacy, so I started this one, and its pretty addictive because you dont have to watch out for all the penaltys and stuff lol.

I wanna know which one of them you think should be the heir. There are six to choose from, because Cheesecake had a lifetime wish that said she wanted to raise 5 kids from baby to teen. It was hell. Especially because she had two pairs of girl twins, one straight after the other. And then she wanted another one. I cant say that I didnt cheat a little bit.

I warn you, this is a very long post. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Well, this is my founder. Cheescake Wobniar. I think you will guess what the theme colour is

Her traits are: Hot headed, Exitable, Ambitious, Family orientated, Coward.
She has changed her hairstyle 6 times, and has almost mastered 6 skills. Im pretty proud of that. She doesent really have a story, I just was in a creative mood.

Next is her spouse....

Marty Wobniar (formally Keaton) (HAWWWWTY)
(My sim was pretty guilty when I had to break Marty and Justinne up.)

His traits are: Neurotic, Loves the outdoors, Athletic, Great kisser, and Friendly.
He has mastered the athletic skill, and is at the top of the athletic career!! (and the croud goes wild.....)
Apparently, most of the kids got traits from Marty, and the yellow eyes from Cheesecake.

THE KIDS, FROM OLDEST TO YOUNGEST.

(This generations colour was orange.)

This is Carrot.
(She is one of my favorite sims! )
She is a young adult.
Her traits are (drum roll): Absent minded, Great kisser, Loves the outdoors, and is Never nude. Dunno why I only got 4 traits. She collects everything. She has 18 emerald crystals, 16 iron ignots, 7 silver ignots and 1 gold ignot!

This handsome young chap is Tangerine. (My dad suggested that name :D)
He is a teeeeen
His traits are: Bookworm, Good, Genius, and Artistic.
He is the sweet, goody two shoes of the bunch. And the only guy. Poor thing He is actually younger than Carrot, I just aged him up fast.
:cylon:

TWINS 1

This is Gingernut. She is my most faveeyyyyy of them all. How awsome does she look? She is the twin of Mandarine.

Her traits are: Insane, Loves the outdoors, Ambitious, Mean spirited.
A nice twist.
She was always quiet as a child, but always was pleased when others suffered.

This is Manderine. Shes..... Different. SHe is the twin of Ginger nut

Her traits are: Couch potato, Childish, light sleeper, and Easily impressed.
I think she is my least favorite.

TWIN 2

This is Sun. She is quite pretty!! lol

Her traits are: Slob, Loves the outdoors, Light sleeper and Kleptomaniac. I ran out of names at the end lol

Last but not least is Orange.

Her traits are: Unlucky, Loves the outdoors, Evil, and has Commitment issues.

So who do you think should be the heir? If you want to see th house, just tell me and if you want it ill upload it. :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:48 PM
Hi Mochaba,
I'm working on this challenge right now, too. I'm just using the first born as the default heir in mine so far... I didn't even think of using the other children >_<

The yellow eyes in your sims look really neat ;D I think you should go with Carrot for easier play or Gingernut for a bit more of a challenge. Since those two are your favorites, you should play one of them!

I'm awaiting your upcoming posts!

**And to everyone else who has started and posted for this challenge, if you are still working on it, I'd love to see your progress. I really enjoy seeing how other people approached this.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:13 PM
Hmm, this seems really awesome!! I've got an entire day free tomorrow, so I think I will start and see how far I get- After making a fat and ugly sim, I've stopped caring whether or not she'll have fat kids, because she looks absolutely vile, and I miss having pretty sims >_>
Just means I have to build and recolour another entire house, which might send me totally nuts. Will have to wait and see, haha.

Mochaba- I would use the first born sim. I plan on having several sim kids per generation, and as I'm planning on going the full 20 colours, will only change from first born sim if the favourite colour of the first born has already been used... If that makes sense. Augh, now I'm really looking forward to playing!!!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 2:31 AM
Thanks you guys for giving me some insight, I actuall plan on keeping both Gingernut and Carrot, and moving the rest out, because I only plan on them having one or two children each. Saves me the hassle of deciding :D

Im gonna post some pics of the house...... Beware, its not very original and its huge now since I had to keep building it up to accomedate 6 kids lol

This is a front view

This front view is from the very start, and its much larger now.

Thats the tiny loungroom.....

Thats the first floor, which only consists of a kitchen ad dining room. All the Bedrooms are upstairs.

Thats the before pic....

And this is it at the moment.
Im gonna go play more, bbut I will keep you updated.
(Here is a piccie of Tangerine, Gingernut and Mandarine's birthday party)

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:07 PM
I've decided to give this challange a try!

Here is my starter; Jaune(Yellow in French) Farrow

And her husband..Brian Farrow. (I couldn't think of anything for him.)

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:05 PM
*weeps* I started a family, and took all these amazing pictures, then they all got deleted. So I have no photos. And now I'm depressed. My first Sim, Helene Aurelius, had triplet girls- Adrienne, Eladeigh and Rhonwen. Rhonwhen was first born, so she is now the heir. Her colour is white. I also made a good list of colour related names, will put up tomorrow though as am too tired tonight. I might get some more photos, see how my game runs. They really slow it down heaps.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:12 PM
Mochaba- that house is impressive! I tried to add on to my house, but it got really buggy, so I just had everyone move after the 3rd generation was born.

TheHappySimmer- Can't wait to see your next generation!

After watching this challenge thread for a while, I'm finally going to post what I've got so far. I actually made it to generation 3, but my computer crashed... I hadn't saved in a while... So I'm back to generation 2... :/

I made both of my starter parents yellow, cuz... well, why not?

Here is my starter: Xanthe Citrine
Xanthe, from Greek ξανθος, means "yellow" or "fair-haired"
Citrine, A shade of yellow derived from colored varieties of quartz

and her husband: Blaine Ecru
Blaine, from Scottish Gaelic Bláán, means "yellow"
Ecru, from French écru, means literally "raw" or "unbleached," used to describe a shade of greyish-pale yellow

One night, Blaine and Xanthe had a bit too much fun...

And a few days later, out popped Melanie Citrine (since her parents weren't married), though she later changed her name to Melanie Sable. Her favorite color was black.
Melanie, from Greek μελαινα, means "black" or "dark"
Sable, means black, derived from the name of the black-furred mammal native to northern Asia

In my earlier attempt at this, Melanie ended up marrying her HS sweetheart, Ullyses Mackey, son of one of my custom characters and a Maxis character (Ulysses stood her up at the wedding party, but married her the next day in private)... Turns out the ONE trait he had that she hadn't figured out yet was evil.

They had a daughter who's favorite color was white, but I hardly got to play her when my game crashed >_< So, as I said earlier, I'm back to Melanie. She's a young adult, and I'm not sure if she's pregnant yet or if she can try to find a different man... I'm considering a different one, in hopes that the baby will have a different favorite color. Yellow-->Black-->White... Kind of boring :/ Unless it's random?

Anyway, here's where my game last saved:

Well, I'm going to get back to the game and see if the 3rd generation turns out differently or not.
Page 1 of 2