Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Ultra-Speed Multiplier Mod

by icu2richelo Posted 11th Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM - Updated 16th Aug 2009 at 9:54 PM by icu2richelo

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:29 AM
omg thanks soo much for fixing this is awesome
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:32 AM
ty <3 i wanted this xD
Inventor
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:04 AM
I know what everyone is talking about because before I upgraded my graphics card I had to put up with those speeds. But I fail to see how a mod could help because it seems to me to have been caused by the graphics cards. My Onboard has 512 memory and I upgraded to a 1 GB Radeon and now triple speed is almost too fast. I don't really think this was so much an EA problem as that you just need lots of GPU memory to run the fast speeds properly. It's strange because if this does fix it there's something very weird going on. I suffered from those slow speeds even with 8GBs of RAM and a Quad core but the moment I upgraded the GPU and disabled the onboard graphics the game improved in performance significantly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
I know what everyone is talking about because before I upgraded my graphics card I had to put up with those speeds. But I fail to see how a mod could help because it seems to me to have been caused by the graphics cards. My Onboard has 512 memory and I upgraded to a 1 GB Radeon and now triple speed is almost too fast. I don't really think this was so much an EA problem as that you just need lots of GPU memory to run the fast speeds properly. It's strange because if this does fix it there's something very weird going on. I suffered from those slow speeds even with 8GBs of RAM and a Quad core but the moment I upgraded the GPU and disabled the onboard graphics the game improved in performance significantly.

After the 1.2.7 patch, I experienced much faster, smoother Third Speed. The only problem was I was still being attacked by long wait times... For sims sleeping, or fishing, or finishing-up their last few skills. These actions really take a very long time to complete, and if you're playing one sim, this becomes a VERY boring task. I made this mod, because it increases the rate of speed even more, from a small amount to a large amount. This enables people with functional Third speed to skip-though long, boring tasks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
Thanks, a much needed mod!
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
The speeding progress is still the same for me. I downloaded the Heavy one and I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly :S

Would it be my graphic card?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Soph1804
The speeding progress is still the same for me. I downloaded the Heavy one and I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly :S

Would it be my graphic card?

If you were experiencing choppy Third Speed after installing the 1.2.7 patch, you may not notice any difference. Though, I assure you, this mod works. The Heavy version of this mod is coded to double the rate of the default Third Speed.

I would consider updating your graphics card, just for general reasons. The Sims 3 is a powerful game and some settings requires a bit more power than your standard graphics card. You can find some inexpensive graphics cards with ease, though.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:29 AM
hmm i installed the light speed one and it crashes i tried th res and it still crashes then i figured it was a core mod so i i took out a core mod i had and it wworks fine so dont use this with core mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:55 AM
Hm... Interesting. I've noticed, after some more testing, that the Third Speed actually is not any faster, but the second speed is now near the same speed as Third Speed. Fascinating. You'd think the value system EA uses for speed would actually work properly. Oh well. MORE TESTING! In the meantime, please give me more feedback!

I'm hoping to perfect this within the next few days.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:16 AM
Thx!! i've been waiting for this mod !!
Zombie Socks
#13 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:44 AM
Wow! What an amazing idea! When I start using sims3 again, I'll be sure to test it out! Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:55 AM
Let me know if this mod is working for you all, please. I need some feedback. Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
THANKS! going to test it out right now!
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:34 AM
Sooo.... no awesomemod compatability huh?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:59 AM
Seems useful, i hope my computer doesn't explode due the incredible speed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:08 AM
I'm speculating, but I think there might be a speed cap based on the abilities of your graphics card and graphics memory. It seems if you don't have an adequate graphics card, you may not experience any changes in Third Speed. However, Double Speed is noticeably faster.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaprepenr
Sooo.... no awesomemod compatability huh?

I have not tested that. Though, my computer crashes when I install AwesomeMod, even without any mods installed. So I cannot test the compatibility. If you could do that for me, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#20 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:44 AM
I really hope this works! Watching my sim sleep put me to sleep...so I end up having to tab out of the game and do something else, like I'm doing now!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Mother Function
retired moderator
#21 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:55 AM
I don't know if you know and/or care but this works with Indie Stone

And it's noticeably faster! Thank you soooo much! Now I can actually enjoy playing.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:13 AM
Ahhh...having to watch my sims sleep slooooowy again will soon kill me plus I really need to get that last skill point max out, will be waiting then!

Anyway, thank you!! :D

My Chemical Ravenance*
Scholar
#23 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:26 AM
Doesn't work with awesomemod.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:52 AM
Just tested it. Didnt play much though.
I have awosomemod and it works fine together. I have noticed an increase in speed in both second and third speed.
There is a slight increase in the third . And the limit between the second and third became less

THANK YOU
Scholar
#25 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by halimali
Just tested it. Didnt play much though.
I have awosomemod and it works fine together. I have noticed an increase in speed in both second and third speed.
There is a slight increase in the third . And the limit between the second and third became less

THANK YOU

Interesting, maybe it's conflicting with something else in my game.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Page 1 of 5