Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Autonomous Web Browsing/Playing Video Games

by DarkBlue Posted 11th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM Last edited by swmeek : 12th Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM.
The no playing games everytime you look around is a great help!
Thanks for sharing!
Edit to add it's not working for me as my sim is still wanting to play games all the time!
The only thing I had as far as computer mods is the hacking is fun mod by joshiejack from here.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:29 AM
Thank you soooooooo much!!!! I'm so happy I don't have to sell my video game on there now!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:37 AM
That's nice of you to make a mod to disable web browsing too; I appreciate it!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:50 PM
Oh thanks, my ADULT Sims kept doing this stuff. What about chatting with others?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Azureale : 12th Jul 2009 at 8:18 PM.
It is a great idea but unfortunatly the no autonomous video games doesn't work in my game (didn't try the other one because it doesn't bother me). Sims keep on playing video games all day (on laptop).

I use awesome mod as well as Lostaccount's toddlers skills mods, nothing else.

edit : I think I might be confusing video games and computer games ... When I read "Browse Web" and "Video Games" I was sure both mods were for computers but now I doubt, could you please clarify this for me ? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
Video games are the ones that the sims play from the console thingy on their TV, my anti autonomous computer games mod is here.

Both mods (the autonomy disabler for computer games and web browsing) can be installed simultaneously without a problem - they modify two different XML files
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
Thanks a lot for your explanations, I am going to get your anti autonomous computer games mod then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:02 PM
No problem, sorry for the misunderstanding
Theorist
#11 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:38 PM
One thing I am wondering about with no autonomy mods in TS3, how do these affect the neighborhood? As in if Sims I'm not playing have these things in their houses, does this mean they also won't be able to use them?

No matter how many no autonomy mods we put in our games to stop them from doing things that annoy us, they are not going to start all of a sudden making smart decisions. I learned this when I had one fun item on a Sims' lot and had a no autonomy mod for it. TS3 Sims almost never autonomously eat until they get a moodlet for being hungry and only autonomously use the toilet if they have a moodlet for that. They do, however, autonomously head to the shower or bed to sleep even if they only got up or showered two hours earlier if they can find nothing else to do. And of course if they have infants or toddlers they will drive you insane by waking up the little ones to toss them in the air since there's nothing else fun for them to do. The thing is, Sims are very shallow little creatures. Their fun and entertainment calls to them more strongly than any other need. What needs fixed needs fixed at the very core of the game, which is to make other needs more important to Sims.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
Ah that explains it then! Thanks for letting me know that and thanks for the computer gaming mod too!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 3:50 AM
I have just installed this , but how do I know if it works?
thanks
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:37 AM
Sweetness!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 6:25 AM
Thanks, this was driving me crazy... -- I wish there was something I could download to stop MYSELF from autonomously browsing the web and playing video games :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:54 AM
You are my absolute hero. Thanks for all of these awesome mods. These autonomous actions were REALLY getting on my nerves.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:57 PM
This was an interesting idea but after installing it I found it was useless because Sims will still "Chat with Someone" so they're still on the computer for hours... But I still appreciate the mod, so thank you but no thank you.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 7:10 PM
Hi, I don't know if you take requests, but I am looking for some one to make a simple Mod so that Sims' don't randomly change into their every-day outfits when you tell them to use an object in another room. I hate it when my Sims change into an everyday outfit before they shower in the morning. I hope you can help.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:23 AM Last edited by tomboy : 5th Oct 2009 at 4:14 AM.
Can you please tell me if this Mod is compatible with the 1.3 or 1.4 patch

Thankyou
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 9:55 AM
Thank you so much. This mod is very useful and it works perfekt.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:25 PM
Is this compatible with Ambitions?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atwo
This was an interesting idea but after installing it I found it was useless because Sims will still "Chat with Someone" so they're still on the computer for hours... But I still appreciate the mod, so thank you but no thank you.

This MOD stops them from chatting:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353874
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:43 AM
Thanks for this one, I hate it when other Sims visit my Sims' homes and start playing video games. Those things are ridiculously LOUD! I don't care if they just sit and browse the Internet. What harm does that do? Even a Sim needs to do something to pass the time.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 8:06 PM
Does this mod works on 1.63?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 4:05 AM
Thank the gods!