Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nu Central Park - Now Open to Public !

by battousan Posted 19th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM - Updated 21st Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM by battousan : updated the 64x64 version..

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:45 AM
Wow, this looks way better than the default park! Thanks
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
I love the roof ideas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:36 AM
It's beautiful! I think I'll throw it on my empty lot instead of that default one.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:16 AM
very attractive...thank you

Origin id: Navikats
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:50 AM
I see one big problem... with a lot this good why go anywhere else in town?

Good job!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:49 AM
i like it 我喜欢(*^__^*)
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:23 AM
Love it. Thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:42 AM
Absolutely love it! Thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:04 AM
looks very pretty. Thank you

At my computer looking in
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:48 AM
wow, great job
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:05 PM
Thanks a lot ...

It looks great and very whell built..
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:08 PM
Very awesome thanks!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:09 PM
This is amazing. Especially the roofs.. I was just thinking about redoing the central park, I guess now I can just pop this one in its place
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 4:30 PM
amazing work! thanks
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:13 PM
Wow, really beautiful. It looks like it must have taken a lot of time and tinkering to get it right! But it's absolutely perfect, thanks for putting in the effort to share it with us =)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:34 PM
Oh just so you know, with floortiles that you rotate to make up a pattern. The game messes them up when you place the lot, all the tiles are rotated in a wrong way
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
Oh just so you know, with floortiles that you rotate to make up a pattern. The game messes them up when you place the lot, all the tiles are rotated in a wrong way

Gyaaah, I totally forgot about that bug !!
omg, what should I do.. should I replace the tiles with symmetrical ones ??
but that would render all non-symmetrical tiles useless.. T_T

OK, in the mean time, if you're planning to place this lot on 210 main street (replacing the original central park), all you have to do is rotate it clockwise just once, and make sure the front gate (the ones with parking lot) is facing the theater (mirabello plaza)
Well, at least that's the case with my sims 3 version (1.2.7.0002), your mileage may vary. And honestly, if that doesn't solve it then I don't have any other suggestion but to rotate it until the tiles makes up the right pattern..

Thanks for the feedback ! will fix it soon..
(still don't know how though T_T)

Scholar
#19 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
This is a beautiful park....well done!! Thank you for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:39 AM
Quote:
The building's interior is a little dull though, because I had to remove all the paintings and such. Blame EA for making such a stupid rule regarding community lots..

17 art objects changes it to an art gallery (according to a thread at MATY). Put in 16 objects. Also, I thought a community lot would get locked into a type by the first instance...say...I put in a beach umbrella to lock it in as a beach lot then put 17+ art objects in and it's still a beach lot.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:37 PM
Hmmm, just came to download this, and there's no link? Is it just me or is the file down?
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM
Wow!! Incredibly stunning!!I L-O-V-E IT!!!!! 1 Question,is this the same size as the original central park? If it is, i will definitely change the old central park with this one!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
Hmmm, just came to download this, and there's no link? Is it just me or is the file down?

Sorry about that, I was updating it when suddenly there's an electrical failure in my house >.<

I hope the link is working now..
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:25 AM
Just curious but how long does it take to place in the game? I've had mine running for two hours and it's still processing =(
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaeger
17 art objects changes it to an art gallery (according to a thread at MATY). Put in 16 objects. Also, I thought a community lot would get locked into a type by the first instance...say...I put in a beach umbrella to lock it in as a beach lot then put 17+ art objects in and it's still a beach lot.

yeah, I've read about it too, though iirc it was 12 art objects, and the lot type is determined by their orders whereas art gallery overrides big park type.
but the problem is which objects are considered what type ?
I learned that even a small vase is considered art object, but Rugs and Curtains aren't..

Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
Just curious but how long does it take to place in the game? I've had mine running for two hours and it's still processing =(

it took me 2 minutes flat on a dual-core 2.4ghz/2gb-ram/geforce7600..
obviously because it's already cached..

I suggest you frequently defragment your harddrive.
Because sometimes the game creates some cache files, and every time you play, those files are silently being modified in the background (and usually making it badly fragmented)

and another tip, avoid having less than 10% free space on your harddrive.
Page 1 of 2