Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 11076 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 9:14 PM Last edited by sylviahart : 18th Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Sims 3 crashing to desktop everytime I press the right button of my mouse to move the camera...
Okay, you probably think I'm insane, but don't worry I would too...
So heres the story, I ALWAYS use the right button of my mouse to move the camera, but just about an hour ago, I was playing the game as usual, and suddenly it crashed to the desktop while I was in the middle of playing a game, the Broke family, god bless em (just like that the game went to desktop - faster than a click of a finger); So just incase, I deleted all mods, and restarted the game and again, it crashed to the desktop, same lot...same family...same button...and then I realised it wasnt the mods, it was the right button of my mouse. So i opened the game a third time and moved around the lot freely using my ARROW buttons on my keyboard, worked fine and didnt crash to desktop, and then I suddenly used my right button to move the camera (on purpose, hehehee..sneaky eh?) and it went to desktop...there is NOT another reason why it would be crashing! what is happening?
I've also updated my video card drivers and my system requirements are way above the minimum...I don't understand? Should I delete all my downloads?

WHY DOES SIMS 3 HAVE A GRUDGE AGAINST MY RIGHT BUTTON?!

sorry....i played the game a FOURTH time, and went onto my active family (the brokes)
and I movied the mouse and it crashed to desktop....I then played a fifth time, and quickly chaned the active family and everything was fine another lot....I've just realised that it's only on the Broke family lot that this issue is occuring

And in my opinion I think it is because I have edited Skip Broke in CAS using awesomemod, adjusting his weight (making him skinnier), either that or it's his hair (it's a custom mesh -- the one found on Artists union)...I'm not quite sure...something is making it crash to the desktop

I have just played the game a sixth time, and now it is woring fine, it as not crashed to the desktop once in the 20 ins I have been playing it...I dont understand what is going on?
Advertisement
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 9:39 PM
Has your right button been assigned to something other than the alt click? Depending on your mouse you might need to update mouse drivers and/or software for the mouse.

For example, I have a Logitch G5 that comes with software to assign each button a task. To use all the functionality of it I have to install the software to change them from the default.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
sorry....i played the game a FOURTH time, and went onto my active family (the brokes)
and I movied the mouse and it crashed to desktop....I then played a fifth time, and quickly chaned the active family and everything was fine another lot....I've just realised that it's only on the Broke family lot that this issue is occuring

And in my opinion I think it is because I have edited Skip Broke in CAS using awesomemod, adjusting his weight (making him skinnier), either that or it's his hair (it's a custom mesh -- the one found on Artists union)...I'm not quite sure...something is making it crash to the desktop

I have just played the game a sixth time, and now it is woring fine, it as not crashed to the desktop once in the 20 ins I have been playing it...I dont understand what is going on?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 11:06 PM
Remove the SAU hair. There are many reports of these issues when it is installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:16 AM
okay, thank you, was there any problems withh the peggyzone hair? Does anyone know?

Please, I am a blonde woman....so please bear with me by all means :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:27 PM
Well... sort of. The new stuff is badly made and screws with the store hairs, and won't work without the store hair. But as far as I know the Peggy default replacement hairs are ok.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:25 AM
Mangaroo....BLESS YOU...my game has been crashing to desktop for over a week and I have been searching for an answer. Hack sorting, chache deleting, resolution adjusting, small window, driver updating, .dll searching...Who would have thought the freaking hair!!! Gotta go...putting the mods back in game. I can live without the hair...but my cheatin mods make the lil bit of gameplay I get more fulfilling...that and Liana's latest custom clothing!!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
I could have sworn my game had a problem with crashing when I zoomed out to the limit! I gave up after I thought I'd figured out a problem hack, played for about 30 min, only to have it crash again without me zooming. :sigh:
Re-installing now. I guess I'll start from scratch, maybe add one hack a day until it starts happening again. It's happening too randomly to test multiple hacks in the same day for me
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about this happening on another thread as well. It can be found here.

I have been having the same problem and so have a few other people. The only extra hair I have is from the Sims 3 store. So that may not be the problem.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 7:09 PM
Default SAU hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
Remove the SAU hair. There are many reports of these issues when it is installed.

what is the sau hair? i am having the same crashing issue.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 9:19 PM
give it a town reset with NRAAS MC.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.