Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:47 PM
I made some custom eyeliner that's somewhat based on the "Batman and Robin" movie. I curved the eyebrows, pointing them down a little, and I curled up the ends of the lips.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM
Something like this might be an interesting way to start off:

Screenshots
Instructor
#53 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:55 AM
yeah, you're going to need a new skintone, eyes, and hair, plus, difrent make-up... she looks almost axactly like a maxis sim right now..... Try something likeSWC has made..... it would be realy cool if you could make her a plantsim.....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:12 AM
I don't have seasons, though, so I can't make her a Plantsim. Plus, don't they all have the same hairstyle?
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:48 PM
No, you can change the hairstyle once they become Plantsims. But that's not the most important part of it, when people download her they can easily just make her a plantsim for their game or w/e but the sculpt is far more important. Have you any updates on her face as of yet? I'm interested to see your progress !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM
Well, I made a lighter green eye color and am currently developing a green-ish skintone. But I don't want it to be TOO green, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
*rises from ashes of inactivity*

I'M BACK!!! I've got an update on Ivy. I honestly wish that I had more done, but alas, I've been quite, QUITE lazy with it. Anywho, here's a pic.

As you can see, I made a light green eye color without pupils like the cartoon. I don't want her to be TOO much like the cartoon, though, so I made the lipstick more red instead of pinkish. I will begin work on the green skintone posthaste. I've tried in the past, but honestly, those attempts just made it look like she was nauseous. I'll also try to work on the hair, but I don't have milkshape, so I'll have to get it to work in Blender. If anyone would like to volunteer to help with the project, I'd be happy to oblige!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:43 AM
What do you need for help? I may be able to direct you to custom content links to help your sims along, and like I've offered in the past, I could create the sculpt for your sims, send them to you, and you do all the clothing and custom meshes and whatnot. I don't have a 3D program so I don't do any of the mesh creating myself. I'd like to help, but I'm limited in my abilities.
Instructor
#59 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:44 AM
your sims look to sim bin, give them interesting features
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:53 AM
Well, apparently I DEFINITELY need help with the facial sculpting, so that could help, though it might be easier for me to do them myself, which has also been said in the past. I could also use some links to other custom content, like if there's a link to a hairstyle like the one displayed on the second source pic on the last page, I would be grateful. And you kinda need to give me ideas for what I could do for interesting features, which is one of the reasons I lost interest the last time.

I'm going to go back and create new versions of my other sims, like the comic book joker instead of Heath Ledger. It's really depressing, though, since I'll have to get rid of the ones I already have in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:08 AM
Let's see your Maxis sim NOW!

I made her more squinty, which I think gives her more of a sinister-yet-seductive feeling, which is, in essence, what Poison Ivy is all about. I made the skintone available for all ages and genders, in case you want to have a Mr. Ivy.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:33 AM
Just because you give her green skin and squint her eyes a bit, it doesn't mean she's still not maxis-y. I'm not trying to be mean but she's still just like a maxis face, although the green skin does look good . You really need to try and make her face completly different. Look at SWC's face and see the things that make her unique. She needs something that makes her go 'WOW', that's poison ivy! I hope my ideas help you, and not push you down or anything. She just doesn't have that 'WOW' factor. Make things bigger, smaller or stretch things out, anything to make her look unique

Good luck and don't give up!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 2:07 AM
Yeah, you do have a point. Her face does seem somewhat plain. I'll keep at it and tweak it until it's good.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 2:16 AM
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:07 AM
I think you should definitely work on sculpting the jaws and cheekbones of all of them. Also, you'd be amazed how a custom skintone, custom eyes, and custom hair can really change a Sim, so you should definitely look into that. That being said, custom things aren't everything. Also, it'd be great if we had some pictures to compare to, side by side, with a specific "version" of these characters (like a certain actor/ comic book character) that you're going for, because that would also be helpful to know. Don't get discouraged - it takes time to get things perfect, and you do have a nice start.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:36 PM
I'm actually made the other guys a long time ago; as such, I will be retrying them. I tried to modify Ivy's face, but I think it still looks too Maxis. I think it may look different depending on the skintones, so I made a comparison pic with the two skintones.

Again I say I NEED IDEAS FOR WHAT PARTS I CAN MODIFY TO MAKE IT LESS MAXIS. I'm using the second resource pic on the 2nd page for the face sculpt; however, I'm not trying to make a specific version of Ivy. It's more of a conglomerate of various versions. I'm specifically trying to combine the 3 resource pics on the 2nd page.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:42 PM
what you need is a skintone that isn't a simple maxis recolor, the skintone should have it's own features, I don't want to be rude but SWC did a better job than you in 10 minutes. but you are learning.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 4:18 PM
Well, most pictures I've seen,she has very long orangy-red hair, maybe like here: http://coolsims.net/cool/index.php?show=hair&page=3 . It's the second one on the page.

Also, custom skintones often have there own unique features. (like dark circles under the eyes, freckles, wrinkles, or other kinds of details.) The one you have doesn't have those kinds of unique features, which often make a huge difference in a sim's appearance. Another option would be to download some custom makeup that creates those sort of things.

As for eyes, they're very Maxis-default, because they are the same color as the green eyes, minus the pupils.

If you look on the face templates, Ivy's is very much like one of them, and that is not what you want. Basically, to sculpt a sim you want to try to move every slider at least a little bit. Don't be afraid to max-out or do the opposite to the sliders. Give her more defined cheek bones, and a smaller chin. I've seen a lot of Ivy pics where she has big, round eyes, so maybe try to make her eyes larger. It would help if we had a side-view/profile picture, so we could see her face from the side. Also, you may want to consider opening threads for every character (like one for Ivy, one for The Joker, etc.), because it's hard to give advice when there are so many characters to look at.

I hope I didn't come off as rude, I wasn't trying to be. =] You are learning, and it takes a lot of time to get stuff right.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:04 PM
I did not find your comments rude at all.=) I'm used to constructive criticism, although, if you look closely, the eyes are a brighter green than those made by Maxis. I'll tweak the face and post some pics, after which I will try to think of what I can apply to the skintone itself. I'll start threads for each character eventually.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 8:01 PM
Ooga_booga, that was pretty mean, which is surprising coming from you--which also means that I know you weren't necessarily trying to hurt neonal's feelings, but it still could have been worded differently.

I think you're doing great, though, neonal. It's refreshing to see you've really started to give her a different face shape. She's coming along quite well and is finally starting to look less maxis. A custom skintone would really benefit her, though. Maxis skins are very flat and just plain don't have much dimension to them. Unless you know how to make more realistic skintones than I wouldn't attempt to make it yourself. I think you should look through the skins they have here on MTS and try a few different ones out until you find one that you think would serve her well. If you'd then like to recolor or edit from there then you'll have to check that skin's creator's policies to see if they allow that in the first place, but then I'd still suggest contacting them to ask personally as well, regardless if they say on their profile that it's fine. It's just a common courtesy. Just keep up the tweaks and DO venture off and download custom content, it'll really help in finishing her off.

EDIT:

Oh, you know what I noticed? I think her face is too long. I'd shorten her face and bring her nose up and then her mouth to match and then possible adjust her face placement from there. I think that'll go a long way in looking less maxisy. Also, for the eyes...it's not about the "color" it's about the texture. You're just recoloring a maxis texture. To make her look LESS maxis just use a different texture for her eyes. Like I did in my example above. If you want I could send you that texture or make a new one to your liking and send it to you so you can see the difference it makes on your sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:05 PM
I didn't really think his comments were that mean, SWC, but thanks anyway! I think it'd be great if you could send me the texture for your eyes, but if you could tweak them to be slightly brighter(kinda like a fusion color between your eyes and mine), that'd be awesome. I tweaked the face and added pics from the side. I also did a comparison of my two hair colors.

Also, if you could get me a link to a more realistic skintone, that would rock!
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:37 PM
Well she's defintly getting there! I prefer the 2 hair colour. As for custom skins....hmmm

Others will probably able to find better ones, but when I'm making Sims, I usually use shady's and HP's- plus they let you recolour them aswell, so they can be green. But for shady, you have to ask first before you recolour

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=31337

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1603428

Even if these aren't what you're looking for, you can still use these and then use makeup to make your Sim more realistic, just like ChemicalCaitlyn said.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 11:59 PM
Lovely to see her coming along! One thing I noticed was that there is a strange bump between her nose and top lip. It just look a bit unnatural, but I'm not sure there's a way to fix that. I think before anything else, you should definitely focus on the skin and eyes. After that, it will be easier to see what can be changed. I agree with kopple36, both shady and HP have some very nice skins you could recolor.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 2:27 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback! I'll check those skins out and do some work on them! I'm not sure how I can fix the bump(which I now see), but I'll do what I can!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:51 AM
It may also be that her lower jaw is too far inward, which I believe is changeable, if I'm thinking correctly.

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Very old, but lots of good info.
Page 3 of 18