Replies: 20 (Who?), Viewed: 26017 times.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:20 PM
Default Delphy's Quick and Dirty Package Editor (aka QADPE)
Hi All,

At the request of HystericalParoxysm, I am releasing here my QADPE program. It's essentially something I've wrote over time to facilitate easy poking into and viewing of package files.

Requires .NET Framework 3.5 to run.

Features:
- Package comparison between 2 packages
- Quick creation of a new package
- Search through the game files for matching chunks with a specific Type or Instance ID, and for text chunks, up to 3 matching search terms.
- Auto view of VPXY, XML, DDS, and Name Map chunks
- Ability to quickly change the contents of a chunk with another files
- Quick FNV, for generating FNV24, FNV32 and FNV64
- Easy ResourceKey view in the format key:XXXXXXXX:YYYYYYYY:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ for easy pasting into DABOOBS

Please note: This program was developed FOR MY PERSONAL USE. I make absolutely NO guarantees about it's usage, and if it will or wont eat your package files.

Support is likely to be intermittant at best. YMMV.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar QADPE.rar (104.4 KB, 7863 downloads) - View custom content

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:46 PM
Thanks Delphy!!!

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:23 PM
Nice. Another monkey wrench to break open and pry into packages, this will be helpful!

Thanks a lot!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM Last edited by ImperialModder : 29th Jul 2009 at 1:05 AM.
This is really nice. I made some objects using this. Thanks,

Edit: I have made some pretty cool custom objects with this.
Japanese Candles.
Drivable Taxi, which Im still working on since I can seem to get it right. -_-
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:38 AM

Help me?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:22 AM
wikix - That error (at least in my case) usually came up when I was editing or opening a file made with an older version of Postal. Updating Postal should fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:15 PM
Well, updating postal *and* resaving the DBPF...

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
You must be mind readers! This is exactly what I needed on a project I just started today. Thanks so much Delphy and HystericalParoxysm.
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:27 PM
Index version does not need to be 3. Those files are perfectly usable in the game.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 12:20 AM
Wes, I know, but the Giblets only work with Index version 3...

Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 3:46 PM
This is helpful. I accidentally stumbled upon it while researching some things regarding package files.

Hey Delphy.... Although I would love to take it on, it would take me about 1 month minimum lead time to familiarize myself with DBPF... But I wanted to ask...is the format change from Sims 2 significant enough to make a revised version of "Delphy's Download Organizer" impossible?

Reason I ask is because I am really am trying to get up to speed on details of the file format and everything in general--mainly so I can code some things for myself and the forum. One obstacle I am having is frequent crashes during game play. Since this is recent, it is due to something I did.

I can conclude the cause is the following: because I just recently became a convert of using .package files only.... meaning all my .sims3packs are unpacked and put in ../mods/packages/ [well, except certain EA sets and towns (for example Riverview as a package just does not work in the mods/packages folder)], and because of this I am trying to clean out my EA c:/.../documents/The Sims 3/library folder to remove packages that are now in the mods/packages folder... I do not know if there are conflict possibilities or not, but something is definitely amiss, so I am just organizing a bit.

But... I came across that you wrote that app for Sims 2. It sounds amazing...and something I could use right now for TS3.

(fyi... that was not a "request"... more like a "any plans to?....")

demonet
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 5:43 PM
The DDO could, indeed, be converted for use on TS3. However, it would take quite a bit of work as 1) The package "types" would need figuring out and converting, 2) The description and names and so on need extracting from different places in the package file 3) Some package files contain zero information about the creator, and lastly, 4) all this takes time and energy, the former of which I have precious little of these days.

Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 12:26 AM
Well.... as mentioned, I have written my share of little apps (mostly networking and file manipulation things in debian linux)... but its just that I have zero gaming code experience.

But at the rate I am moving (I am trying to figure out the indexes and headers and related content of .package files now).... I will see where I am in a couple weeks... As you know, it is a whole lot more fun when you know yourself how everything works instead of wishing/pleading others for mods and utilities....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 9:06 AM
If you need help with the headers and general stuff about .package files, see the wiki. (Specifically the Sims 3 section)

You can also get on the live chat and ask there.

Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:00 AM
I've been trying to convert some hairs, and I tried to open a .package file (Peggy's texture). For some reason, it keeps on saying that there is an error, like "index is not 3". I installed the .Net 3.5 framework already, but still it's refusing to load. What am i doing wrong?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 10:29 AM
Caropii: QADPE (like most of my tools) works only with index version 3 of the DBPF 2 standard. Unfortunately, some early tools where made that saved index version 2.

The only way to get around it is to load it in Postal, then re-save as a different name.

Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 5:50 PM
Hey Delphy, thanks for replying so quickly!
I tried to rename the file in postal, but it became a file whereas the other files are .package files. And QADPE only loads .package files. Is there any way I can get around this?
Site Helper
#18 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:20 PM
Rename it to [new file name].package?
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:25 PM
Thank you Mootilda, it worked! And thanks to Delphy too of course. I'm such a newbie at this, haha.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
18th Aug 2011 at 5:35 PM
This message has been deleted by androgyneric.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:28 AM
Thank you, Delphy. I am off to give hair conversion from TS2 to TS3 a try. .
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:39 PM
Thanks you for posting this download.