Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Garden Tasks Series - Sims 3 Showtime: 3-18-2012

by Chaavik Posted 30th Jul 2009 at 11:41 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM by Chaavik : Updating For Sims 3 Showtime

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Antira : 31st Jul 2009 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Tested further
Hi! Thanks :-)
Your mods usually work for me, but this one: Chaavik-FasterGardenTasks-OnlySkillsUnlockedWithNoIncreasedWeedChance-Sims3 fail to do what it says. My sim could only dispose of a plant that was covered in weeds .
Indie's hack checker doesn't find any conflicts with the other hacks. I have put the file through the compressionizerRedux. I'll try a different flavor now and see.

Ok. I'm back with news: I've tried "Chaavik-FasterGardenTasks-AllSkillsAndRaresUnlockedWithNoIncreasedWeedChance-Sims3" Now my sim who hasn't garden in her life yet gets the options to tend and weed the garden, but they are greyed out for some weird reason . The kind of grey out you get when a sim's bladder is way too low, and you get the options but they are unavailable. I hope that describes it well enough. Well, back to playing!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:48 PM
Do you have any mod that affects gardening itself but not the gardening skills?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:27 AM
OUTSTANDING :-D!!!! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:15 PM
Yes, I do. Several actually:
JJ_GardeningIsFun
MoreHarvestables
CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul (Life&FlameFruit)
LifeFruitGives7Days and EffectiveFlameFruit if those count.

And I have Awesome mod, but at the time I tested I believe I didn't, I am not sure though.

Sorry for getting back to you only now. Thanks for the reply.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 10:31 PM
I would guess that it's JJ's gardening mod that might be an issue if he or she modified the same file I modified for different purposes. I do have another gardening mod to boost the Fun motive, and they work together without issue.

It's a matter of choosing one over the other for what you want for yourself. The rest of the mods modify different files as far as I know from doing a couple myself for my own use.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Antira : 31st Aug 2009 at 9:33 PM.
I'll try exchanging the two mods. Thank you!

The skill is still not added to a young adult sim's options. They are gaining fun though. It doesn't seem like anybody else has this problem, which means that I have a specific combination of mods that cause it. In which case I shouldn't have bothered you in the first place.

Thanks for the support you give us with cool hacks.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 4:04 AM
Is this mod compatible with patch 1.6/1.7 and WA? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 8:35 AM
I don't think so.

December 2008: Sorry guys UC Berkeley and all my other sports have made me to busy to sim. So simming is on hold.

Zack - I have extensive knowledge and skills that not many other people have. Okay I decided then! I'm going to be a Jack of all trades.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:14 AM
Please, an update for WA? the old don't work with WA
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:58 PM
Haven't had the chance to update yet. Should be getting the new EP. Check back for further details.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 12:25 PM
I ran the game for a week to test the mods from this thread and determined that these mods do not need any updating for World Adventures and Patches above 1.7.9.

But if you find something wrong, please let me know.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 11:24 PM
I didn't play the sims for several monthes and I had this mod. Now I reinstalled the game and tried to play again with the EPs and without your mod, and...Well, let's say I rushed here to get it again and I am really glad it works with Ambitions EP.
Thank you very much.
Just to know : Is it compatible with your other gardening pack (the less hygiene decay, I never used it but I wondered why the 2 mods are separated)
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:06 PM
Yes you can. You can use both mods installed.
Instructor
#15 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 5:31 AM
Thanks for letting us know this works with the latest!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:13 AM
It's not working with Outdoor Living Stuff.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:01 AM
I do not have Outdoor Living Stuff yet. So, it probably won't work.

Until I get a specific file from a friend to check for compatibility, you will have to wait.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:19 AM
This mod doesn't seem to work with Outdoor Living Stuff. I was wondering what would need to be done to fix this and make it work?
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st May 2011 at 10:42 AM
I regret to have installed Outdoor living because I was really used to this mod and now I don't even make the sims garden again because it takes the whole day to water 3 tomatoes. Sad for the sims with the lifetime want to have a perfect garden, but one can't just have everything in life, isn't it ?

I saw you made the less hygiene decay compatible with OL. Do you plan to update this one as well, by any chance ?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th May 2011 at 6:19 PM
In response to the last two vague posts, which mods did not work for OLS? I had no issue using this mod with OLS installed.

But Generations is coming up soon, so I will be looking into that and seeing what changed between OLS and Generations.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:11 PM
I had OLS installed and never had any problems... With Generations either, works pretty fine with me!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:25 AM
Generations introduced several changes to the code. I plan to revamp the mods for Generations this week.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 4:06 PM
Uploaded the new Generations mods. Enjoy
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Mama Lino : 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:50 PM.
the extractor says the file is corrupt (the generations-file)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:47 PM
work for 1.22/1.24?
Page 1 of 3