Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One Day Later

by QBUILDERZ Posted 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:10 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2010 at 8:27 AM by QBUILDERZ : Fixed post, playground -IS- usable after all!

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:25 AM
Holy crap this is sooo good i love what did with the journal keep it up
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:41 AM
awesome back story!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:51 AM
Wow, this is cool! Great as always, Q!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:56 AM
Fascinating!

Thanks

Good deeds are forgotten in the blink of an eye...
but an imaginative felony can be our ticket to immortality.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:11 AM
Love the back story for this one! And really nice lot.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:11 AM
I haven't downloaded this as I will not have any use for a small residence, but I wanted to say how brilliant this is.
My partner plays ALOT of "day after" "world near destruction" games on XBox & PS3 and this comes straight out of most of them with your effects.

Congrats on bringing such an eerie house to MTS, it's brilliant.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:15 AM
Woah this is a fantastic lot and reminds me of Silent Hill lol.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:20 AM
Very imaginative, Q
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:21 AM
That's a great idea ^^ How very.. Post Apocalyptic.
My Fall-Out loving gene is all over this
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:27 AM
Great story. We need a whole neighborhood XD Over at buildersboulevard.com there's some ideas being tossed around. If you didn't already know.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 9:11 AM
Awesome house - perfect for my style of game. And great idea with journal entries.
Thank you!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 9:48 AM
I love how the desolate look came out, nicely done. BTW, near a lot in riverview I've seen a car wreck. Not sure if it's available anywhere in game but it would suit this type of lot very well I think.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:33 AM
Missles? You mean nuclear warheads?
Well, nuking Sunset Valley would be fun.

BTW, nice backstory. Someone shall continuate it.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Wiki Wizard
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:14 AM
Wow this is brilliant Q! A superb idea and superb pictures and story to go with, an excellent and well thought out download! I was so happy to see this when i came on today because i remember you building it a while back, and you have shown you can keep going no matter what *hugs*

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:33 AM
wow you managed to build an awesome atmoshpere around this place...good job

I do not suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:03 PM
this is just so cool like, wow. thanks
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:43 PM Last edited by feldynn : 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to tick "Thanks" post box!
Very nice work Q, great little backstory and you really captured that post-apocalypse look well .. reminds me of some buildings I saw while playing some FPS games just the other day
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:36 PM
ohhh pretty. I always liked destroyed/post-apocalyptic stuff!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:46 PM
Wonderful work..thank you!
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:58 PM
I think you really, really need one of the patterns I have. It's supposed to be cracked paint, but it looks really nice as rust or torn leather, too. I didn't make it, but I found it on another site. Ohhh, I wish I could remember where, it would be so perfect for this style... I'm working on a house I hope to upload using it a lot :3-- OH YEAH it's the sims resource

Cyclonsue's Peeling Paint

It really has a fantastic effect on countertops, poles, chairs, and, well... almost anything. It looks even better than it does in the pictures.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
Fantastic!! I'm already planning a sim to move in here ! What a fun project! Thanks so much.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:05 PM
LorienMoore - We don't allow use of pay content in uploads here - or TSR content at all since their pay/free status changes so often.

QB - I LOVE the concept and the way you've done it, and the use of the story to describe your stuff is fantastic!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:08 PM
OMG I have always wanted this, thanks so much! I love grungy and rustic things! :D
Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:14 PM
"your sims houses can never look messed up enough". And a cheap house too. realy chill.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Page 1 of 3