Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Route Fail Tantrum Animations!

by stevebo77 Posted 30th Aug 2009 at 10:28 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 1:31 AM by stevebo77 : updating current patch/compatibility status 6/14/2010

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 10:40 AM
thank you very much. although route failure is already much less annoying than back in ts2, it's still bothering. thx.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 10:53 AM
Nice mod ,do you know if this will conflict with the awesome mod? Thanks for the upload.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 10:59 AM
I'm glad someone took the time to make this mod! Thank you for the work.
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
Nice mod ,do you know if this will conflict with the awesome mod? Thanks for the upload.

I thought Awesomemod eliminated the tantrum animations anyways?

Regardless, thank you. The tantrums always tick me off.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:29 PM
Thank you for the credit, glad to be of some inspiration! But all credit goes to TigerM for his hard work in producing the wonderful SmoothJazz which enables us to be able to create these mods!

Great job, glad to see more animation mods appearing. I take it this is the route fail animation where they stomp their feet and wave? I've had several requests to get rid of that other awful route fail animation, the 'foot tapping' one where they screw their faces up and tap their feet impatiently while trying to get past another sim, but numerous rummages through the code have failed to reveal anything that looks to me like it would be that particular animation. I'll keep trying, but if you, or Tiger, can find that one, you're welcome to beat me to it!

Quote: Originally posted by DSMeatte
I thought Awesomemod eliminated the tantrum animations anyways?

Regardless, thank you. The tantrums always tick me off.

That's interesting, I installed awesomemod recently and now that you mention it, I haven't seen the 'tantrum' route fail since then. So this is still a good mod for those who don't use the awesomemod. (It's just a shame awesomemod doesn't get rid of the 'foot tapping' route fail as well!)
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:08 PM
thank you sooo much...that is the one thing that annoys me the most with the game...
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:21 PM
Thank you, thank you. I've always found that animation incredibly annoying.
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:37 PM
oh thank you so much, that was the most annoying thing EVER.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 3:10 PM
FINALLY! A bit more green skin and my sim would have been hulk...
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:36 PM
Thanks so much for this! My sims love telling me they can't move... Thanks again
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:11 PM
hey thanks. the damn sims look so stupid throwing there tantrums :P
Scholar
#14 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:25 PM
I'll try this but I'm thinking it might conflict with indie stone and awesome as they both have that. Though it doesn't get rid of it 100% with those. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
(It's just a shame awesomemod doesn't get rid of the 'foot tapping' route fail as well!)

Oh jebus. That animation annoys the HELL out of me. It ALWAYS cancels my action and I have to redo it ;__;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Thank you for the credit, glad to be of some inspiration! But all credit goes to TigerM for his hard work in producing the wonderful SmoothJazz which enables us to be able to create these mods!

Great job, glad to see more animation mods appearing. I take it this is the route fail animation where they stomp their feet and wave? I've had several requests to get rid of that other awful route fail animation, the 'foot tapping' one where they screw their faces up and tap their feet impatiently while trying to get past another sim, but numerous rummages through the code have failed to reveal anything that looks to me like it would be that particular animation. I'll keep trying, but if you, or Tiger, can find that one, you're welcome to beat me to it!

That's interesting, I installed awesomemod recently and now that you mention it, I haven't seen the 'tantrum' route fail since then. So this is still a good mod for those who don't use the awesomemod. (It's just a shame awesomemod doesn't get rid of the 'foot tapping' route fail as well!)

Absolutely happy to give you your due credit!

I _still_ have never tried the awesomemod hehe, so this will totally be a nice single addition for those who also don't use it.

Aye, my next step is to kill the foot tapping animation. I suspect that animation is referred to as 'ping' and 'pong', but haven't disabled those calls yet to see if they are responsible for that action.

And thanks to all for the kind words. I'll keep looking for more things to screw up soon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 4:36 AM
Okay, I've just killed the Foot Tapping animation and have submitted it to this site.. will be up under "No Foot Tapping While Waiting For Clear Route!" just as soon as the moderators approve it and make it live! Works great
Instructor
#18 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:14 AM
Thank you so much. I do not play the awesome mod (I like to choose what I have and don't have in my game). I am very appreciative of this mod.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stevebo77
Okay, I've just killed the Foot Tapping animation and have submitted it to this site.. will be up under "No Foot Tapping While Waiting For Clear Route!" just as soon as the moderators approve it and make it live! Works great

EXCELLENT! I'm looking forward to this, as I'm sure thousands of others are too! That's interesting, I did see the references called 'ping' and 'pong' but had no idea what they referred to, never would have guessed they were the foot-tapping animation! Well done!
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
YES! XD finally! Thank-you
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:13 PM
thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:39 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:13 PM
I think we've all been waiting for something like this. It's bad enough when my sims can't get somewhere. The tantrum that wastes twenty minutes of their 90 day lives is even worse.

Black Goldfish!
Scholar
#24 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 2:34 AM
huh? awesome mod stops the foot tapping?
i have awsome,and i still have that annoying habit; i wonder why...well...,
*grabs this handy hack*
"i'll let ya' know if there's any conflict"! thanks.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by debwilldo
huh? awesome mod stops the foot tapping?

No it doesn't, just the route fail animation ...
Page 1 of 3