Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drew Barrymore

by Anubis360 Posted 7th Sep 2009 at 10:00 PM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:07 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate you on a great likeness and your presentation is stunning.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:07 PM
Great work I'm glad to see she got approved!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Banned
#4 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:11 PM
w00t!! Great job!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:37 PM
Aw I love Drew Barrymore this is a great sim translation of her thanks for your time and effort
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:43 PM
WOW!! That's really stunning you did a great job
That's the third celebrity sim that is perfect along with Michael Jackson & Christina Applegate
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:48 PM
OMG!! You made her awesomely well, Nico!! Thanks for sharing

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:53 PM
I love her! She's adorable! Really pretty and she looks so much like her. Lovely and incredible work, Anubis!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 11:09 PM
Yay! You made it! Downlaoding her now!
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 11:17 PM
wow she is stunning, thank you!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 11:24 PM
Very nice work!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:24 AM
first off let me say very very good job i applaud your drew sim she looks so much like her i was just watching never been kissed last night and thats exactly how she looks too bad i wont download her i like to create and play my own sims but again very awesome job

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:09 AM
that looks very nice. she is stunning and you did a good job on her.
shiny!
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:40 AM
Nice work. It's hard to make TS3 Sims have a specific likeness and she is definitely recognizable.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 6:57 AM
Yey! I'm glad to see her uploaded, you've done a great job!! The hair looks good congrats on a very well made sim! and Thanks
Theorist
#16 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:48 AM
OOH! Thanks, looks like Leighton Meester
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:11 PM
Seriously, I can't see Drew in this sim...

Always out in the dreamy world of imagination... And sims! :D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#18 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:52 PM
congratulations! She has turned out so well. Great work!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:31 PM
Yeah! You did it! And with my hair lol Congrats, you really did a great job on her
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 10:54 PM
I can't in any way see the resemblance... maybe you people aren't too familiar with Drew? It boggles me that except for one person, everything here is cut-and-paste praise...

IMO, The eyes are a different shape... they are much too small and close together. The nose is the closest but just "off" and could definitely use with some tweaking; consisdering you have such a great 2/3 shot it's kind of inexcusable to get the nose wrong. The chin is too small, the wrong shape, and the wrong depth, and the hair color is much blonder than she's ever had it.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by actonthat
I can't in any way see the resemblance... maybe you people aren't too familiar with Drew? It boggles me that except for one person, everything here is cut-and-paste praise...

IMO, The eyes are a different shape... they are much too small and close together. The nose is the closest but just "off" and could definitely use with some tweaking; consisdering you have such a great 2/3 shot it's kind of inexcusable to get the nose wrong. The chin is too small, the wrong shape, and the wrong depth, and the hair color is much blonder than she's ever had it.

If you had so much to say, why didn't you help out when this sim was being created in CFF? This creator worked long and hard on Ms. Barrymore and taking account of the limited CC available right now, they did a top notch job!

Such harsh and rude post-upload criticism really isn't nice or neccesary.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Scholar
#22 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by actonthat

Sheesh, you're even insulting not just the sim but the other people's comments!

This sim made it past the approval process--which on this forum is not an easy thing to get done with a celebrity sim. And as the person above me points out, since this sim was up for review on the Creator Feedback Forum, that would have been the appropriate time to make your suggestions and critical observations. Otherwise generally we give thanks in this section, or feedback if there is a technical problem with the download or if the download is missing a crucial file. If you absolutely couldn't refrain from criticisizing this sim, you could certainly have done so without implying the rest of us are blind or ignorant of what Drew Barrymore looks like.

As for anything being inexcusable--if you have a Sims3 celebrity uploaded somewhere, please point us to it. I'd like to see if you have practical experience in sims-making to give you any idea how horribly difficult it is to make a Sims3 sim look like any real person at this early stage of sparse custom content and gaining familiarity with the facial sculpting tool. Otherwise you have no right to be the arbiter of what is or isn't "inexcusable".

I DO see the resemblance. This sim is a fine addition to our sadly small pool of available celebrity sims. The artist has every right to be proud of this contribution. To the artist, I say thank you. I use the Aikea skin sometimes with my Buffy sims so when I play the town with my Buffy in it again I look forward to adding Drew to my town.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:04 AM
I think this looks wonderful. I cant say im a drew fan I find her a bit annoying sometimes but you really did capture her!! It looks just like her. So I say congrats to you on having some serious skills in sims 3 sims celebrity thingys!! great work!
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:15 PM
I think daluved and summersong said everything. Thank you very much to both of you and to all the people who thinks that she has a resemblance. I really appreciate your comments! You made my day
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 1:17 PM
Oh my gosh! You did it! You finally got her accepted! I'm so happy for you.

She looks amazing and I cannot see a flaw!
Page 1 of 2