Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Lake House

by jllucas Posted 9th Sep 2009 at 10:32 PM - Updated 10th Sep 2009 at 5:56 PM by jllucas

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 10:44 PM
Well done!! It's gorgeous
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:06 PM
I love it!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:11 PM
Very nicely done. And very creative!

Call me v, v_ware.

Owner of Hause Of GaGa Group
It's Lady GaGa's World... We're just living in it!

Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:11 PM
Oooh that's so amazing, I'd love to live there!
Nice work.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:01 AM
I love the tree coming out of the sunroof. Very nice house

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:27 AM
You have made my day. I was talking to my husband on Sunday about wanting to try making this house, I figured it would be a big job. I know you have saved me much time and headache! I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out and my hubby bought it for me when it was out on dvd. Do the sims come with the house? If not is there any chance you will be adding them later to another version of the house or uploading them on their own? I am going to go put this in my game right now!
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:38 AM
Excellent movie, excellent house!

My Sims 3 Creations
Nothing matters. We're essentially all highly evolved monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through space and the rock itself is dying. Frankie Boyle.
Just call me sam its easier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressgemini
You have made my day. I was talking to my husband on Sunday about wanting to try making this house, I figured it would be a big job. I know you have saved me much time and headache! I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out and my hubby bought it for me when it was out on dvd. Do the sims come with the house? If not is there any chance you will be adding them later to another version of the house or uploading them on their own? I am going to go put this in my game right now!
Thank you!

I have no words to say for you how i'm feeling now.
It's a dream that came true.
The couple I made quickly just to take the picture, and they don't come with the lot, but if you want it, i will add it to download...
I hope you have much fun with this house, it was a very hard work and what you said to me was completly nice..

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:41 AM
Very nice!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 1:46 AM
This is probably the best movie house remake I've seen. It's amazing and so very cool. I wanted to live in that house when I saw it... now my sims get to! So cool!
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 2:12 AM
Excellent Job!
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 2:21 AM
Whoa.... this is pretty amazing. Thank you for this, wow.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:04 AM
Great job on doing this house, it's beautiful!
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:15 AM
This is really unique and lovely, thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:34 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH, finally somone who have a good taste not only by movies but for houses too :D

I, honestly, was waiting this thxthxthxthxthx :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 4:07 AM
This is great. I loved the movie, and I'm glad to see that other people did as well
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:02 AM
Oooo neat, always love interesting designs.

Grab some goodies on The Rejected

The Rejected is a shared blog and all are welcomed to join. Now you can also follow us @RejectedSims on Twitter.

I'm currently participating in the Builder's Boulevard first neighborhood project: Sanshi Suimei Please join us!
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 10:14 AM
I just got your message about adding the couple here, I missed it when I popped in 2 times for some reason. I am putting them in game right now then going to go and play.

As I said I am so grateful for you creating this because you did an amazing job. As soon as I saw the picture I knew what house you had created. My oldest daughter is the best judge of Sims 3 items & I always show her to see if she will recognize the house, sim, or other item. She said, "Oh mom, that is the house from the movie Lake House! Is that a picture of the real house or is that for the sims?" When I told her you had made it and let her see all the screen shots she just kept saying, "Wow! Wow!" I can take that to mean she gives her stamp of approval for this. So thank you again you really did do some incredible work!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 10:50 AM
Aww, that's my favourite movie!^_^ Thank you for this wonderful house!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 11:17 AM
I love the movie and this house too!!!thanks!!great work!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 1:56 PM
I can't say your house is nice. I can say it is amazing, astounding, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, spectacular, stunning, or even wondrous; but never nice. Within the limitations of TS3 you have created one of the best movie house I have ever seen.
It could take your breath away.
Fido

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 2:19 PM
I am having trouble getting the house into the game.

I thought the problem might be the fact that I had another house called the lake house in the game (the installer still said it WAS installed,but I couldn´t find it in the game??).
I uninstalled the other (and several other house thinking the problem might be storage space) lake house,but still no luck.

I have tried restarting the computer,and I won´t even show up on the "installed content" in the launcher.

What to do?

This have never been a problem so far,and I have downloaded many lots from here
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 2:21 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats amaaaaaazing!! after i saw that film i wanted that house sooo much!! thanksss
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tumbling
I am having trouble getting the house into the game.

I thought the problem might be the fact that I had another house called the lake house in the game (the installer still said it WAS installed,but I couldn´t find it in the game??).
I uninstalled the other (and several other house thinking the problem might be storage space) lake house,but still no luck.

I have tried restarting the computer,and I won´t even show up on the "installed content" in the launcher.

What to do?

This have never been a problem so far,and I have downloaded many lots from here

If you go to: Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Downloads
and check if you have The Lake House. If it's there go to your Launcher.

Go to the Launcher under 'Downloads', not installed content. Click on the Lake House and then click Install so it will show up in your game.

I'm not sure if this will work for you.

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Page 1 of 2