Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#51 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 7:46 PM
Yay! I'm a carpenter now!

I just noticed.

cool beans. :P
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#52 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 9:53 PM
I love badges - maybe this will entice me into making different things - I'm rather stuck in my ways with mainly doing mods - I think this might be the carrot to get me to branch out a bit. Must get that lot finished and uploaded!

Hmmmm, maybe that was the whole point?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Forum Resident
#53 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:30 PM
What is a Space Pony? That is what it says under my name.

Also, if you have more than 2000 downloads, should you get another 1000 downloads icon?

I'm also a bit confused, in my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#54 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey

Also, if you have more than 2000 downloads, should you get another 1000 downloads icon?

I'm also a bit confused, in my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.

They work as milestones I believe, so you can only get an acomplishment once...if that makes sense..

And I thought you got the Pupperteer from uploading a Sim.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Mad Poster
#55 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 4:22 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 16th Sep 2009 at 4:38 PM.

Yes, you get Puppeteer for uploading a Sim. I'm a Puppeteer, a Makeup Artist, and a Fuzzy Wuzzy! LOL. Still awaiting whether there will be an 'Achievement' for uploading mods - I'm sure it'll also be suitably silly/amusing!

I think the 'Space Pony' title means you've just passed making a certain number of posts and have reached the next level for a new title under your name. You don't get another Downloads icon until you hit 10,000.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#56 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 6:23 PM
In my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.
If you click on the picture of the Puppeteer in your accomplishments so that it opens the picture up as a large version display, you will see text underneath it which tells you what it means - I just looked - it says "Created a Sim".

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Forum Resident
#57 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 8:36 PM
Thanks all for the clarification.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:28 AM
What about an accomplishment badge for how long we've been members... although some of us never got promoted from test subject

I like candy.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 10:31 AM
sgarciazzy, thats not really an accomplishment though. I mean, anybody who joined 4 years ago and posted once would get it, even if they havent' visited the site for... 4 years.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Typical
#60 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM
I know you don't take requests (you posted this earlier) but wouldn't it be a good idea for an accomplishment for the peopole with the highest download count?
Or woukd it not be possible because it would probably have to keep adding and taking away accomplishments?
I beleive this is something to consider
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#61 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:26 PM
There already are icons for N downloads .. therefore, people with lots of downloads already have their "special" icon (like "3 million downloads" which is something that probably about ten people have).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Typical
#62 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 8:13 PM
I'm bot sure if you understood what I meant

I meant that the person with the most amount of downloads on the site would get an acheivement along the lines of 'Most downloads on MTS!'
The perspn with the second most amount of downloads would get '2nd most downloads on MTS!' and so on for the first however many.

I hope I explained myself well!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#63 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:29 AM
lewjen, the person with the most downloads on MTS tends not to change much (or at all, really!). For pretty much the entire TS2 run, I believe Numenor held the title with the CEP.
#64 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:13 AM
Is it possible that lewjen is asking for an achievement for the person who has the most approved UPLOADs? IE, the largest number of moderater-approved download THREADS? ...or perhaps the person with the largest number of uploaded files? [Some uploaders post multiple files in a single thread; should those be counted individually, or as a single "upload"? ...and what about files uploaded as attachments to ordinary messages?]

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#65 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:04 AM
That would make it impossible to "collect them all" especially when there are members who have been here for 5 years and have millions of downloads and hundreds of uploads. The "People" with the highest makes no sense, as there can be only one individual at a time. To single them out wouldn't be an achievement, it is an extremity, thus, it would be a title.

"200 Uploads" = Achievement
"Uploads the most" = Title

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#66 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 7:57 AM
Achievements are meant to be something that anybody can get with time and effort. It is NOT meant to be something to "show off" that you have the most uploads/the highest thanks count/the most downloads, etc. Therefore, NO achievements will be added along those lines - and, incidentally, nor will titles.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#67 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 1:32 PM
In addition, we would much rather encourage people to upload 5 items which are excellently made, have clearly taken a great deal of time and effort, and are generally awesome; than 500 items which get approved because there's nothing really wrong with them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#68 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 5:15 PM
I agree with all of that; I was just wondering if lewjen was trying to suggest that instead of what y`all seemed to be thinking he was suggesting, and pointing out a few difficulties with the idea.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Typical
#69 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 6:53 PM
Half of what GOD said

I was trying to suggest an idea, with the possible problems that would need to be taken into consideration.

Just to clear things up

EDIT: I was meaning download *count*, by the way
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:14 PM
Oh, snazzy! I'm a pupeteer... Fancy that! (: I can manipulate things *evil grin*

Only one upload is needed for each thing? So, if for example, I uploaded a hair do, a recolor of a hair do, a new chair mesh, a house, a neighbourhood, a terrian, a car and a mod... Wow. I'd have loads of thingies.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM
Do you getanything for dowloading lots? I download lots I'm awful at creating, I made swimming costumes with body shop for TS2 and I didn't think you'd put them on the site, so I can't really get any aceivements! Makes me feel valued that I have acheived nothing.

Don't take drugs, stealing is wrong.
Don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink.
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:14 PM
Or posting? Forgot to add to post above :P
If you post, say, 1000 times, do you get one? Or is it just for those talented, uploading, beautiful people?

Don't take drugs, stealing is wrong.
Don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink.
Site Helper
#73 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:26 PM
Yes, if you post often enough your title changes.

(Although they do prefer you to edit your posts rather than double posting... )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mother Function
retired moderator
#74 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qwertyHarriet
Or posting? Forgot to add to post above :P
If you post, say, 1000 times, do you get one? Or is it just for those talented, uploading, beautiful people?

If you're really beautiful you get special titles :D

j/k

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Banned
#75 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 2:30 AM
I know I'm beautiful regardless of my custom title
Page 3 of 4