Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:42 AM
Have your parents...
Have to ask this of people. Are you parents divoreced? Mine are getting divoreced right now. I'm kinda sad, I was in the wedding.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 6:01 AM
Yes, mine are.
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 7:19 PM
nope, never.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Alchemist
#4 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 8:56 PM
Mine are too. At first I was sad, now I'm like whatever.

See i have no choice but be isolated
Threatened
Forced to extract the heart
Pushed aside
Made segregated
Struggling
Left alone
Apart...
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:43 AM
Along with the divorce, my godmother has gotten sick and the dog that we have had since she was born has died at 12 and 1/2. We got her when I was 2, and I have always loved her

On top of home troubles, I have barely any friends at school. I get sh*t loads of homework each night, and I am in a dance class in which I do not know the moves. My life is f*cked up right now, and I am so falling into a depression. I took a quiz on facebook, and it even said I was depressed. But I do not let my parents see that anything is wrong with me, they have enough to worry about. I do not show my feelings to anyone, so I am sorry for the kind of long post.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:16 AM
My parents aren't technically divorced yet, but my dad walked out on my mom and i six years ago when i was eleven. We just woke up one day and he was gone, he had told us he was going to the laundry mat...of all the places. And i started noticing around 10 or 11 at night that he hadn't come back, so i called my mom (she was out) and told her that i was worried about him. To make a long story short we found out within about a week or a few days that he had been cheating on her with some chick in another state, and left us for her. That was almost seven years ago now and i haven't seen him since, he calls occasionally, tries to act like he did nothing wrong and even "apologized" and said "I had to do it"

but yeah....it still eats at me sometimes, he claims to love me and yet he did a thing like that...I just don't get how somebody could be so thoughtless. I mean he could have at least had the guts to SAY "I'm leaving" or something, but no, i didn't even get a goodbye, he just left. People expect me to keep contact with this a** too and to send him stuff on fathers day...and to celebrate fathers day....>> (because i have a grand dad and uncles)

but anyway...sorry for the long post.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilOverlord
Along with the divorce, my godmother has gotten sick and the dog that we have had since she was born has died at 12 and 1/2. We got her when I was 2, and I have always loved her

On top of home troubles, I have barely any friends at school. I get sh*t loads of homework each night, and I am in a dance class in which I do not know the moves. My life is f*cked up right now, and I am so falling into a depression. I took a quiz on facebook, and it even said I was depressed. But I do not let my parents see that anything is wrong with me, they have enough to worry about. I do not show my feelings to anyone, so I am sorry for the kind of long post.

Sweetie, you should really get some help. It is really not worth bottling your feelings up like that, because when you can't bottle them up anymore it's just going to be a whole lot worse than it was before. If you don't want to talk to your parents about the issue, approach a trusted teacher or a school counsellor. It is far better to get help in situations like these rather than do nothing.

As for me, my parents aren't divorced but they fight a lot. I don't think they will get divorced though. Although it would be a very trying process for the family to go through if they did get divorced, I know they have their reasons and I don't know if I would mind too much. At least it would be an end to all the arguments.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:56 AM
My parents are still together..
They had some breif away-from-each-other time though, when I was an itty bitty baby. ):

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilOverlord

Oh my! This sounds like me a couple of months ago. I felt like everything was crashing around me. My parents were separating,my dog died,the other dog I was minding for 7 months was taken back my nana died and I had state exams coming up. I felt like I wanted to die. And I tried. I'm still cover in scars. I didn't tell anyone how I felt and it just got worse and worse until someone noticed that my arms were all cut up. I was taken to hospital and told that I would be sectioned and given ECT (electroconvulsive therapy One side-effect is memory loss) And believe me you do not want that to happen to you. You have to tell someone. Write it down and "leave" it where someone can see it. But you have to let someone know or you could end up hurting yourself or worse. You say you barely have any friends. But you still do have someone to talk to.Talk to a teacher or someone you trust. It dosen't have to be your parents. Put your pain into something useful. You might not know the moves in your dance class but if you keep practicing you'll be better than anyone. You don't have to dance you could act or sing go outside and exercise! Become obsessed with something useful.
I got into drama and got a merit from a drama and arts school. I'm into puzzles as well. They keep you busy and stop you from going into a "dark place"!

But I will tell you this. When you see a councillor or a Doctor they will tell you to "Always look on the bright side of life!" and give you "talk-therapy". Personally I think it's a load of bull but it helps most people in these types of situations.

Just remember lots of people go through this. We all just handle it differently.
Banned
#10 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 6:33 PM
Mine don't hate each other, but they're not in love either. They're not even married, they just are like roomies with two kids. My dad's a pothead, though, and my mum has three months to correct this thing with her heart by basically going either vegetarian vegan or else she croaks. I'm really depressed, and on top of it we have no money, I had to pawn off my H&M Stuff pack which I got for my birthday from my friend to buy a single used binder for school off of another friend, my mum is unemployed, and my dad's getting there because he got in a forklift crash at work and is basically useless except for paperwork. I have seen the academy's therapist about this and I walked out on her after five minutes. It's a load of crap, all "count your blessings" and stuff. My school burnt down, I have to share a dorm with nine other snoring people, one who talks in her sleep. I'm too busy with lessons to care, and I may sound like I'm all happy-go-lucky, but honey, I took drama since preschool. It's like breathing, it's that easy. I'm too unsure of myself to do anything but the norm, and I couldn't bear to kill myself because that would mean that I never tried. I do have hobbies *coughthesims2cough* but they don't keep me occupied. I've been depressed before but it actually felt like I was depressed, y'know? Like this big trickledown feeling that makes you feel like you want to rip your own skin off but at the same time. Now it's just apathy. Trust me, it's worse. On top of everything, I have a lover. His name's Cam, and he's gone through the same thing a number of times for being too tall, too smart, too quiet or too alone. Same reasons as me. Now that we have each other, I feel like I can laugh and just dance my heart away every time I see him. But now that we're at the Academy, I don't see him that much in private. Any help? (And don't direct me to a counselor/doctor/parent/teacher/other responsible trusted adult because I've tried and tried and I just need someone who doesn't know all that much about me to just put it all in perspective and help me. Like you guys.
MJ
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 4:32 AM
Don't have anyone I really trust...

I'm just a messed up person. I won't hurt myself, but what sucks is that sims was what I did to get some laughs (lock sims in closet with no toilet=ROFL!) but my computer won't play sims anymore. So I do stuff to not think about it, and the homework loads are piling up and my legs feel like they just got stabbed! So yeah, not to happy.

On the parent note: My dad became an alcoholic
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 9:43 PM
My parents was separated from 2002. till now.They lived in Slovenia together,but when they separated my mother came back here to Serbia where me and my brother lived with grandparents.
My dad went to live to Croatia.
Few weeks ago,my father got very sick(he could die),and he came to live with us.So they live together,in friendship relationship. And I live with father for a first time since i was 5. Strange feeling for me to have my family all together...

Hello,my name is Azra,I can't be online so often,but I'm glad to meet you all. :)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 10:03 PM
My parent's weren't married. They not together anymore as of a year ago.

Oliviaaaa
5511<3
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 10:04 PM
Mine divorced when I was 7. Now my mom and Stepdad are getting a divorce

I didn't care then, and I don't really care now....

:)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 10:17 PM
Why to care anyway...? They are grown people,they know what's best for them.
And we are grown enough to let it affect our lives...

Hello,my name is Azra,I can't be online so often,but I'm glad to meet you all. :)
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:03 PM
Yes,they divorced when I was 2,they were together 4 years,then they got married when I was born and they just didn't make along,so.....
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 10:36 PM
Mine are confusing! Firts its "I love your mom I just can' go through this s***" Now its "Your dad and I are fine hun!" I just don't care.

XOXO,

"Why do you spend so much time with your friends? Espicelly when they're jerks to me. Oh! That's right! You don't know I love you." Bella A.K.A Simmer456
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 6:30 AM
My parents are married, but they HATE each other. They only stay married because of me, and ironically my mom tells me all the time that their marriage started going downhill the day they got my brother (adopted). It's odd, they'll be talking in the car, all excitedly talking about their divorce.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:17 AM
Mine were never together from the start Just a year of dating , Then i popped up ^w^ And now my dad lives about 50 or so miles away from where me,my bro, and mom live. But i don't mind, Life seems nicer for me with out two parents ._.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 6:23 AM
Mine are divorced, mom got remarried though
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:03 AM
Both My parents were maried be for they came to gather I have a hafsister and hafbrother and i am 2 times had aunt ones a boy and ones a girl the girl belongs to my hafsister and the boy well you get it..right? :D

Cheese is awesome
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:13 AM
My mom and dad split when I was 7. My mom and stepdad argue 24/7 and have almost split like a million times, but never have. It makes me scared to marry someone if all/most marriages end in divorce.

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:52 PM
i've never been in that divorced-parent situation my parents don't really ever fight. All i know is that my friends who have divorced parents always come out really good afterwards. I'm sorry things like that happen but sometimes things like that make people stronger you know? like i said i can be completley wrong but from an outlookers perspective Divorcee kids come out pretty good after everything, which makes me happy don't let anything weigh you guys down!
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:08 AM
My Dad was a One Night Stand for my mom, So no xD
They never married so they could never divorce. I hope everything gets better <3
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:52 AM
Yes, my parents are divorced, but that was years ago.

Page 1 of 2