Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Altered Music Stations, Custom WallSpeaker bugfix 1.63

by Shimrod101 Posted 29th Sep 2009 at 9:17 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2013 at 8:30 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for patch 1.63

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:48 PM
Woo and might I add Hoo! Thank you sooo much! This is a much needed hack and you should be given a little gold star. I got so sick of Maxis trying to force their dreadful music on us. What's up with that?
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 11:21 PM
Thanks a lot for making this!

And hopefully, mods like this will lead to MORE custom-music mods that allow us to remove much of the annoying default music on the menus etc.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 12:53 AM
Hmm this is my first comment and i joined like a long time ago and this is one of the mods that i will actually use on a daily basis.
Great Job!

One question though how do i put my music into it?? :P
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 12:57 AM
Thanks...I kept running into too many sims who liked Kiddie music as their favorite.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tykmerc
Hmm this is my first comment and i joined like a long time ago and this is one of the mods that i will actually use on a daily basis.
Great Job!

Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Custom Music

Just drop your .mp3s in there and there you go. I believe the game shipped with a few already in there.

~ Non ducor, duco ~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:21 AM
Ah, thank you for this, I hate the kids music station! It'll be such a relief to not have to hear it again!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tykmerc

The CustomMusic folder under MyDocuments->ElectronicArts->Sims3 you can place .mp3s in. This is the only folder there is, so the same music on your Custom Station will play on the Kids.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:56 AM
wow, this is spectacular, thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karen445
I wish there was a mod to make the music louder. So when you move around in the house the music isn't so low. It's so low and i can hardly hear it when i move to another room. I have to always stay in one room to listen to it.. and its still low even when I put it on high

If you do the upgrade on a stereo to Wire House with speakers I think the music is heard by us players in all rooms, isn't it? I'm not sure anymore because I only did this upgrade once, problem with it is that sims are kept awake so I had to always turn off the stereo at night.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 12:49 PM
could this be expanded to allow our own custom music to be played on all stations?

Thanks so much for this, the music in game is totally naff, I hate it
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
could this be expanded to allow our own custom music to be played on all stations?

I could have done this mod such that all stations play the custom music, but there's only one custom music folder, so it would be the same songs, your mp3 files playing over and over, same list on all stations. I felt this was overkill, I mostly wanted to trash the kids music.

I attempted creating folders myself like Pop Music or Custom Pop Music or PopCustom Music and placing these beside the Custom Music folder or inside that folder. Didn't work. I presume there is some game code telling the game: Look for custom music in this folder under MyDocs, so some type of code has to be created or changed allowing other folders alongside the Custom Music folder; a scripting mod or core or whatever.

Someone who can do that type of modding should look into it, because such a thing is necessary if Custom TV Channels is ever going to be fixed. Even if someone should find the vids format that works correctly on sims TVs, everyone will need to be allowed to move vids into such folders in MyDocs or wherever on their own computer.

Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 3:48 PM
Awesome....great idea...

Yeah that kids music is something isn't it? I was thinking of having a few of the more choice numbers played at my wedding.
Scholar
#14 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:32 PM
shimrod, i wouldn't care if it was my own music on all channels, in fact they really bug me when I'm listning to my music and they change the station because they have a different type of music in their faves. I have a lot of mp3s in there and can change them regularly, I doubt I'd ever get fed up listening to the stuff I like haha
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:43 AM
Thank you sooooo much!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:59 AM
I LOVE YOU! thank you so much i been wantting to play my music on sims but i didnt know how to do it so now im so happy i could just kiss you thanks so much
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 7:34 AM
I would really like to know if it's possible to do what it sounds like you tried doing, namely customize all stations. I would like to keep different stations and just put (different) custom music into ALL of them--which of course was easy in TS2 and now is apparently impossible, hooray EAxis!
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 7:50 PM
THANK YOU! I can not thank you enough for this mod.

Q: How do you know that a man
is about to say something smart?
A: It will always start with "she said..."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
shimrod, i wouldn't care if it was my own music on all channels, in fact they really bug me when I'm listning to my music and they change the station because they have a different type of music in their faves.

I've made a second version of this mod changing all stations to your custom music playlist. New version is available at the site in my sig. It's not necessary to register at the site to download.

Banned
#20 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 8:17 AM
Hi, i downloaded this and extracted the file but when i click on the file, i get an error message saying that windows cannot open the file and it's telling me to select a program. I have downloaded and installed other items onto the sims 3 and didn't have this problem. Any idea what i'm doing wrong??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxtashiixx
...Any idea what i'm doing wrong??

The .package file goes in your The Sims 3->Mods->Packages folder in your game installation folder (which may be in Program Files). Move the file into the Packages folder. (This is not in My Documents, but game installation.)

I almost presume you aren't using the Helper Monkey utility, if you were you should be able to double-click or right click on this file and install it into Mods/Packages. If your previous downloads have been sims3pack files, these .package files are completely different, and you really need to download the Helper Monkey first and let it set up the Mods/Packages folders and other stuff you need to allow your game to use these .package files.

The Helper Monkey is here at MTS in the Utilities/Progs section of downloading.

Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 10:45 PM
Excellent! The kids music had me going insane to the point where I deleted the radio. Now I can install this mod and buy the radio back. Thanks.
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 8:55 PM
Nice job. One question - does anybody know any mod to play not just mp3s from folder, but a streaming music playlist (I mean, on-line radio)? It's toooooo hard for me to transfer (first of all, I need to collect them from thousand different folders >_<) my favorite songs to another folder.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:56 PM
This mod works fine with the EP so will also work with 1.6.6 and later base game versions.

Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 11:37 AM
this looks like it will be worth while :D

The New Age Is Forged From Darkness
Page 1 of 4