Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 2:43 AM Last edited by Delphy : 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:29 PM.
Default Sims 2 Mesh Tool
Hi All,

MTS2 is proud to announce the starting up of a closed beta test for the Sims 2 Mesh Tool, which lets you both create new objects and edit existing ones.

Why a closed beta? While we regret not opening it up to everybody, we feel that the procedures and knowledge currently needed to create new (and edit existing) objects is fairly complex, and we therefore feel that the best people to help us out are those involved in 3d modelling, and who also have a good understanding and knowledge of SimPE or the Sims 2 files.

This will be only a short beta to try and get any major bugs polished, and also to write some tutorials and articles so that when we do release the mesh tool, you can be sure it is fairly easy to use.

If you apply, you need to tell us your preferred 3d modelling package, your level of expertise at SimPE, and how much time you intend to spend.

We are not currently accepting new applications to the closed beta.

And, to sum up, when released:
THIS WILL ALLOW NEW OBJECTS TO BE IMPORTED INTO THE GAME!

Regards,
Delphy
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 11:37 AM
Does this mean well be able to import?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 12:50 PM
Yes you will
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 1:27 PM
Excellent news!

Will this also allow for meshes that must be animated, such as oven, etc ? And Body meshes?

Or is it only static meshes for now, like tables and such?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 1:55 PM
Body meshes and animated meshes can be changed by modifying the vertices, but since we haven't worked out the ANIM files yet, you wont be able to add new animated meshes into the game.

A similar situation exists with body meshes. While you can move vertices around (ie make bigger or smaller boobs or legs or whatever) you can't really *add* new sections unless you are very creative with vertex re-arrangement
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 2:19 PM
omg this is fucking GREAT news!
although i'm not going to try to beta test this, i WILL be using this tool when it's released.
thank you so much to those who have made such a cool thing happen for us!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 2:42 PM
This is the best news I've heard since I got the game. Good Luck guys!!
#8 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 3:05 PM
Does this mean that someone here imported modified meshes into the game??? If so, I would like to see them posted here in some kind of image. Great work!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 3:15 PM
We'll get some images and put them up
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
ie make bigger or smaller boobs

yahoo, at last even I have something to look forward to :D
#11 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 7:10 PM
A great Job!! Thank you for a lot of time you spend us to create a object tool. I´d like to be donation, but dont sign up to paypal. How can i donate alternativly?
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 7:33 PM
now Im really looking forward to that tool
I hope it works with 3dsmax 7, Im really experienced with that program
(before questions arise, yes, I DO own a license :D)
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 7:34 PM
Wow! The advancements being made on this site! It's absolutely amazing to those of us who aren't "3d-literate."

I never expected so many things to be figured out about this game so quickly! You guys (and gals) are so great, and so is this site!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 7:48 PM
Hi Steve,

I am willing to do recoloring on clothes and making objects. It has been my passion and I am a hard worker. I need a chance, please take a chance on me.

Thank you :bump:

Precious Diamonds :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 8:47 PM
Steve? Who is Steve?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 9:02 PM
Seems someone is lost.....
#17 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 10:19 PM
All I have to say is that you guys are absolutely amazing!!

Cheers to you!!

Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 10:41 PM
oh yeah, bigger boobs...

You guys are making so much progress on modding the game. I mean, a few days ago, people were saying that we're not going to be able to edit the meshes for another year. Few hours after that, someone released an object in which he edited the mesh, and now, this. Great advancement. I'm just wondering, have you been working this all your free time or are you also having a "life"? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, i'm just wondering how it took you this little time to get things working.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 11:20 PM
I concur, truly astounding how much progress has been made in the modifying of this game that was released only four months ago... well, more or less. Anyhow, amazing.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Precious Diamonds
Hi Steve,

I am willing to do recoloring on clothes and making objects. It has been my passion and I am a hard worker. I need a chance, please take a chance on me.

Thank you :bump:

Precious Diamonds :D

OOPS! Lost? Like maybe even on the wrong site! Thats hilarious!

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 2:18 AM
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Will this allow for new objects AND skins, or just new objects? Either way, my official response is "woot"
#22 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 2:53 AM
Fantastic!!! Wish i could help, gonna have to start learning 3d modelling!!! GL
Ice Princess
#23 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 3:09 AM
Lmao omfg Steve? Does this look like TSR?
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 3:15 AM
The only thing is, we still can't do animations, so it would be tough for sims to use new objects, right? Do any of you have thoughts on this?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 3:40 AM
I think this is great, even if animations aren't immediately available. I would love to have decorative objects like cars for the driveway & garage and washers & dryers for a laundry room.
Page 1 of 3