Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gonga909
Wow. Didn't expect as much replies.

Supaclova, twin toddlers are HORRIBLE. I hate the constant following of older people. Especially when they are doing something important.

I won't make you play my Lothario-Burb household, then: five toddlers at the moment, plus a child. Not a moment of peace for Alex and Carolyn.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#52 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:16 AM Last edited by Simonut : 19th Feb 2010 at 9:13 PM.
My List: Of not likes

I do NOT like the toddlers stage, I do not like when my sims turn elders when they are so attractive as an adult.

My List: Of do likes

My most favorite of all is the child stage ( I sometime find it hard to let go and let them grow into a teen, that really hard for me,real hard ) Maybe that why I have so many children in my neighborhood.

Next is the teenager stage, and last is the adult stage I do not like for them to get old. lol Sometime I forget to turn my aging on hahaha.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#53 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 2:46 PM
I think each one has its pros and cons.

Babies--Generally don't cry unless they need a diaper change. At least that's true with my babies, since my Sims feed them when they wake up, and a little later before they go to sleep. But they sleep for a shorter time, and without a cheat or hack, you have no idea what you need. Learning Parenting helps--some--because the baby "tells" you via thought bubble what its lowest Need is. Picture of a toilet--get ready to change a diaper. Picture of a bed--they want to sleep.

Toddlers--Really cute when they're not being a handful. Once you get them walking and potty-trained, though, it's a lot easier. Twin toddlers, though, tend to give me a run for my money...probably because I actually want to get them at least walking. It used to be I was lucky to get their basic needs met. Then I could get both potty-trained. Now I can manage things enough to where they're walking and potty-trained. It would be easier, one or two babies, if toddlers slept a little longer, though!

Children--Used to be a pain with Sims Life Stories, because they can't fix their own meals. Now with Sims 2, they can just get leftovers--just have an adult or teen fix meals ahead of time for them. Probably one of my favorite stages.

Teen--I like this stage because now they're more independent.

Adult--No limits, pretty much. They're not going to die anytime soon (barring any accidents, etc.) and they don't have the limitations Teens have.

Elder--Playing these gets old after a while (pun intended). They have to go to the bathroom more, they sleep more, and they wake up the minute their Energy bar is full, unlike other Sims, who, if their Energy bar is not completely replenished before 12 am, will sleep until 6 am. There are times when I'm tempted to have Adults grow up badly or just with the Aspiration Meter in the green so they'll die sooner!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Alraris : 19th Feb 2010 at 3:12 PM. Reason: I forgot one thing
I think the worst sim age for me are elders - in fact I haven't any elder playable sim. I'm not really interested in that. I so love my ADULT sims, that I'm constantly changing they're age at SimPE from 29 to 50 "days left" when I create a new family. And then, if I play that family longer and their life time starts count down (passed 25 days...) I prolonge their life in SimPE again. I don't want them die!!!
(If I dislike someone, I just don't play the house). So I can say, that I really like adults.

I really like childrens, they are so cute that sometimes I'm very afraid how they will look like if they grow up. But it's hard for me with their homeworks, they are always tired and have their fun level on 0. They really need help from their parents...

Toddlers look great but they are really troublesome. And when you have more than one toddler at home the same time, it's horror. Babies are really easier, but boring...

Teens are quite OK for me, but sometimes I think they are too limited (no woohoo) and in other hand they have no time to realize all their dreams. If they have to learn and work, or even train theire witchy abilities, and care of their relationships or romances, they really have no time for it all and their lives as a teenagers are too short. I sometimes prolonge them in SimPE too.

Young Adults... Yes, they are fine, I really like university and I sent every single teenager there, when he or she have to grow up. But... I don't like the way they are walking... It's weird for me. And they are too limited. They are not teens, but cannot marry or have children. And semesters are too long sometimes... I don't have so many time to play, to grow up all the YA I have...

That's all
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 3:33 PM
When I first started playing Sims (Life Stories) I created a family with twin toddlers...and found out real quick they love playing in the toilet and getting into everything!

I didn't know then that you could potty train them.
Instructor
#56 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 6:24 PM
Babies annoy me. I wish they could be babies for a shorter length of time. Actually, I just realised that the MultiPainting can make babies grow into toddlers, so I may do that more often.

Toddlers are great and incredibly cute. The annoying thing is the walking/talking/potty training. I try to get into gold/platinum and feed them smartmilk every time, so that they can have a day of stressful learning and then two days of being a cute little kid.

I love kids and teens. For some reason, even though I really don't want kids in real life, I love having a houseful of Sim kids.

Young adults are fun because I'm not tired of the university setting yet.

Adults are fun. Having alien babies, climbing the ladder at work, woo-hoo-ing in the closet (I just discovered that one)...

Elders are neat because they can devote themselves to whatever they want to do with their lives. I haven't yet played a character who started out younger into elderhood, but Ivy and Gabriel are pretty close. They'll be becoming elders right around the time that Gabriel's alien-bun-in-the-oven is becoming a teen, and the two older boys James and Ricky are moving out. I always use cheats to add more days to elders' lives, because they just don't have time to get really good at sewing/music/dog breeding/whatever after they retire and before Grimmy comes for them.
Banned
#57 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
I won't make you play my Lothario-Burb household, then: five toddlers at the moment, plus a child. Not a moment of peace for Alex and Carolyn.

I'm sorry, but... are your Sims OUT OF THEIR SIMULATED MINDS?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 9:00 PM
1:Adults would be the favorite, just because they are the mainstay and the focus of simlife.

2: YA, because i do enjoy university and being a tad bit of a perv like the way the females sway.

3: Children they seem to skill very fast, buying monkey bars insure good body as it kills them to work out as adults and they are rather non offensive when offensive. I had one bother a professor at sues secret kitchen. My kid kept telling stories of fame, arts sports...the old fellow could do nothing but get irritated, what you gonna do slap a kid? A way i get revenge for my adult is to sic his kid on someone.

4: Teens and babies--babies are rather unoffensive and teens are biding their time til college. Both are necessary but they are not that enjoyable for me to play.

5: Elders, and it is not the normal reason one would think. I have gotten to see the old codger from when he/she was a bump in the mesh...lived its life, and when they get that age it becomes hard to part with them...I do get attached. I can have two exact signs with same personality and interest in this game...but each one seems to be so unique. I guess it is all psychological...I usually use ingejones magical cat to transform my old ones to vacation people...they are not with me but not very far away if I ever get to really missing them.
Scholar
#59 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
I'm sorry, but... are your Sims OUT OF THEIR SIMULATED MINDS?

LOL, to be fair, Carolyn moved in with Alex thinking she was only having one baby (and he ended up being preggers by aliens for a second time, discovered that soon thereafter), and then she had quads (I don't know why I was so surprised - she was a triplet, and supposedly in RL, multiples have more chances to have multiples themselves).

Even better: John and Jennifer Burb (Carolyn's parents) had Lucy and then TWO sets of TRIPLETS in a row!

I have the Triplets and Quads Random Only mod. It makes for a more interesting game (and I love having lots of kids in my sim families, so... it works). Lots of multiples in Pleasantview...

A total of... *yanks out Big Book of Pleasantview and searches the born-in-game sims (which range in age from infant to adult)*:
32 single births.
14 sets of twins.
3 sets of triplets.
1 set of quads.

*snicker* Pleasantview is insanity right now. After I finish this round, I'm moving everybody out, levelling every single building and reconstructing the town, because A: the Pleasantview houses aren't always Seasons-proof (Egads, took me forever to figure out why Angela Pleasant always froze in her bedroom!), B: aren't the most manageable houses to play (I detest the Goth manor with every fiber of my being), C: those stupid Hollywoodish houses in the far corner are practically useless for any more than one, maybe two sims - which is obviously rare in my Pleasantview (I've only got... maybe two households who could comfortably stay in there, one of which is still at uni - right now they're all occupied: Don Lothario's original pad is housing a couple with newborn twins; Dina/Nina's original pad is housing a couple, a newborn, and a teenage brother; the others have a couple, a family of four and two families of three - everybody's crashing into each other trying to get out of the house).

Gah!
Banned
#60 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 5:42 AM
oh mah gawd.

I once had a Sim family with twins (two boys) and that was bad enough! The boys were babies who just couldn't seem to settle down (kind of like real life, heh). Once one got settled down, the other would start squalling. Their poor mother couldn't get a moment's peace and they were too poor to hire a nanny.
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 7:47 PM
Baby: meh...
Toddler: The worst thing that's ever happened
Child: okay, I guess, but they look fugly and they complain too much.
Teen: I like 'em 'cause they can actually take care of themselves.
Adult: I like adults. They're very comely most of the time.
Elder: Ewww! >.<
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
LOL, to be fair, Carolyn moved in with Alex thinking she was only having one baby (and he ended up being preggers by aliens for a second time, discovered that soon thereafter), and then she had quads (I don't know why I was so surprised - she was a triplet, and supposedly in RL, multiples have more chances to have multiples themselves).

Even better: John and Jennifer Burb (Carolyn's parents) had Lucy and then TWO sets of TRIPLETS in a row!

I have the Triplets and Quads Random Only mod. It makes for a more interesting game (and I love having lots of kids in my sim families, so... it works). Lots of multiples in Pleasantview...

A total of... *yanks out Big Book of Pleasantview and searches the born-in-game sims (which range in age from infant to adult)*:
32 single births.
14 sets of twins.
3 sets of triplets.
1 set of quads.

*snicker* Pleasantview is insanity right now. After I finish this round, I'm moving everybody out, levelling every single building and reconstructing the town, because A: the Pleasantview houses aren't always Seasons-proof (Egads, took me forever to figure out why Angela Pleasant always froze in her bedroom!), B: aren't the most manageable houses to play (I detest the Goth manor with every fiber of my being), C: those stupid Hollywoodish houses in the far corner are practically useless for any more than one, maybe two sims - which is obviously rare in my Pleasantview (I've only got... maybe two households who could comfortably stay in there, one of which is still at uni - right now they're all occupied: Don Lothario's original pad is housing a couple with newborn twins; Dina/Nina's original pad is housing a couple, a newborn, and a teenage brother; the others have a couple, a family of four and two families of three - everybody's crashing into each other trying to get out of the house).

Gah!

Wow...
Scholar
#63 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
oh mah gawd.

I once had a Sim family with twins (two boys) and that was bad enough! The boys were babies who just couldn't seem to settle down (kind of like real life, heh). Once one got settled down, the other would start squalling. Their poor mother couldn't get a moment's peace and they were too poor to hire a nanny.

Yeah, most of my sim families live on one income until the kids start school.
Instructor
#64 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 11:31 PM
Bah... I've just added some days to Gabriel and Ivy, so that Ivy can finish her career and Gabe can have lots more alien babies.
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 12:50 AM
I don't like the baby stage. ): < Toddlers are cute but not my favorite. I like young adults. Teens are tied for favorite with adults. Elders are pretty cool too but only if their personality is right.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:19 AM
Babies: So god-danged annoying. Wakes Sims in the middle of the night. I guess that's like real life though.
Toddlers: The most annoying stage. I have to lock the bathrooms because they splash so frickin much. They can't even climb up stairs, and they waste everyone's time.
Child: Kind of annoying because they can't fix their own food. Their voice is kind of stupid too. But they are okay I guess.
Teen: Meh.
Young Adult: College is BORING, man.
Adult: Meh.
Elder: I hate!

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Field Researcher
#67 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:07 PM
hmmm, well, babies i hate because i dont know what they look like yet, they have no personality, and all babies look the same

Toddlers: i dont mind their needs-much- the skills i do hate, i normally use smartmilk but ive had 3 toddlers that got their skills without it, but i love toddlers because their so cute!

Kids: well, they go to school, come home, sleep, play red hands, do homework, and the clean the whole house, plus theyre cute

Teens: not as cute as kids, but still ok

Aduts: awesome

Elders: most of my elders constantly have their needs in green, and spend most of their time sewing and painting (but theyre kinda ugly)

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:00 PM
It's not true that babies don't do anything. They throw up! My favorite pass-time while the parents are at work is making the nanny selectable, making her feed the baby then toss it in the air. 99.9% of the time the baby will throw up on her, and if I turn off free will and keep cancelling the shower desperation, by the time the parents come home she'll be stinky and miserable, crying/whining/moping/having an aspiration failure fit in a corner and generally just leaving the baby alone.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 7:31 PM
Toddlers teach you time management. It's easy when you have both parents at home (I used a cheat to give one family several million Simoleons) and they trade off who gets to sleep.
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 6:17 AM
Toddlers. Good gods, when their energy AND hunger AND bladder all get close to zero at the same time... you can't feed them or potty train them because they fall asleep, then they wake up 5 minutes later, you try to hustle them to the potty and they sh*t themselves, so now you have to bathe and change an exhausted and starving little monster, which takes another 30 minutes...

I'm a dad IRL, and I'm so very grateful my kid wasn't this bad.
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:46 PM
Babies: Kind of a disappointment, because they don't do anything. But they're kinda cute.
Toddlers: I really like them. I find them very adorable, and they do the cutest things. I love having more than one toddler around. Usually, though, their needs just drive me crazy, so I max all motives... :D
Children: I usually skip this age. They kind of annoy me, and they aren't cute. Even if I make a beautiful adult sim and age them down, the children stage is always the ugliest.
Teens: I like them. They're independent, and also pretty, haha.
Adults: I like them. They give me babies/toddlers. :D
Elders: Honestly, I have never played an elder. I never stuck with a family long enough for anyone to make it to this age.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coinneach
Toddlers. Good gods, when their energy AND hunger AND bladder all get close to zero at the same time... you can't feed them or potty train them because they fall asleep, then they wake up 5 minutes later, you try to hustle them to the potty and they sh*t themselves, so now you have to bathe and change an exhausted and starving little monster, which takes another 30 minutes...

I'm a dad IRL, and I'm so very grateful my kid wasn't this bad.

Been there, done that. It's not so bad once you learn how to balance everything.

When I first started out, my twins grew up badly. Now I'm able to get a set walking, talking, and potty-trained--and that was because I moved in another relative temporarily to help out. Sometimes those nannies are all but useless, and once I had a Sim get demoted because he was worn out from helping take care of his twins.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 12:34 AM
Anywhere from teen to adult is most fave. I don't like children and elders but I deal with it >_> babies are pretty cute but they get annoying after first day.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 8:10 PM
I like children and teens the most. It's when you see their personalities develop and which features they got from each parent
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:39 PM
I hate young adult, elder and toddler *yawn*, so boring :L.
cateyann; where did you get the hack from? could you give me a link? (:

Adult, Teen and Child are good as there is more to do and their personalities and feature seem more interesting (:

XD.

Page 3 of 10