Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 12:08 AM Last edited by kopple36 : 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:57 AM.
The 'Party Through Life' Makeover Contest! (Sims 3)

Sims need a bit of time off too!
Take your Sims through their life partying like they've never partied before and give them the time of they're lives!

At the start of the contest, I will give you a teenage sim, she will be the base of your contest.
For each theme you are required to give that sim a makeover depending on what type of party they're attending.
Your sim will start off as a teenager and for each round after the application round, you will be required to change your sim to the next life stage.

Example- For the application round your teenage sim might have to dress up for a birthday party.
Then Round 1 might be for a 'Wild College Party' so you first must make your teenager into a Young Adult, and then continue to give her a makeover.

The themes for the round might include your sim going to 'A Birthday Party' or 'A Christmas Party' and then you are required, to the best of your ability, give your Sim a makeover according to that theme.

You will need the following pictures of your Sim;
1 Headshot of your Sim about to go to the Party
1 Basic Bodyshot of your Sim at the Party
2 Portrayal shots of what your sim is doing at the party.
No more photos than that.

The Judging for the contest will be as followed.

Clothing, Hair and Makeup Choices in Accordance with the theme- ?/15
Visual Appearence- ?/10
Portrayal Photos- ?/5
Name and Story behind Sim- ?/5
This gives a total score of ?/35

For this contest to work we need at least 10 people to join.

1. luckshmuck

For this contest we need 3 judges and 2 emergency judges.

Judges

1. Zela
2. Robokitty

Emergency Judges

The rules of this contest are as follows;
This contest is just for Sims 3! Once you download the sim, the only sliders you are allowed to move are skin, fitness, weight and eyelashes.
All other sliders must not be touched. Feel free to use any custom content you want but no photoshopping!
The photoshopping I will allow is for frames, text, brightening the photo and softening techniques.
So feel free to change her hair, eyes, skin colour or anything else you want to change her.
If you're unsure about anything to do with contests in general please read the contest forum rules.

Application Round:

The Prom (or Formal) is one of the most important part of a teenager's life and this theme is what this is all about.
As well as all your pictures you take, you must include your Sim's name and a small description that could include things like where it is, why is she going and if she's excited. (A minimum of 3 sentences please.)
Maybe describe how she's feeling when she's standing with her date or how she dances. The Application Round is also a good place for telling us a bit about your Sim, a small introduction.

~Round Deadlines~

Application Round/ 29th October- 5th November
Round 1/ 5th November- 12th November
Round 2/ 14th November- 21st November
Round 3/ 23rd November- 30th November

Although there will be judging for the application round, we will not need time for the judges to judge as there will be no eliminations for the Application round, yes, that's right, eliminations!

The contest sim!
Attached below is my lovely Sim I made for the contest.

Good luck and most of all, have fun!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PartyGirl.rar (342.9 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 12:08 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 10.28.09
Ends 11.28.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:54 AM
Ok, here I am! I hope all the applications come rolling in!
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:46 AM
Looks interesting, though I'd strongly disagree that prom is the most important part of being a teenager. :P
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:50 AM
Might rephrase it to say "one of the most important events" - and I do agree...it looks interesting...I am working on my entry this weekend unless the H1N1 virus has attacked my co-worker. He has been out for two days now...I just hope he is back tomorrow or I will be stuck working on my days off.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 7:09 AM
Oops! Originally it was meant to be 'one of the most important', it's now fixed.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:02 PM
Is there anything special we need to do with the file? It's no showing up for me in the CAS screen.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 10:01 PM
Oh. If it's not working, you need to extract the file into your saved sims folder.
Inventor
#9 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 11:09 AM
Oohhh. I'd love to be a judge if that is OK. For some odd reason my sims game doesn't like installing sims... But a judging place would be great if you've got a free slot.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 2:10 PM Last edited by kopple36 : 31st Oct 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Yeah sure, you're in!

BTW- Love your avatar, is that Abby? :D

Now we just need some contestants!
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 12:43 AM
I'd like to sign up as a judge

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 12:54 AM
Ok, thanks. :D

Anyone want to be a contestant?
The other one
#13 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:31 AM
I could be tempted to join as a contestant but I've just got a new computer and I'm having some issues getting my downloads to install. I wouldn't dare enter a competition without CC so I'll have to get back to you If and when I manage to get it sorted

EDIT: Plus I would need to be able to install the sim, duh I'm an idyot

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:32 AM
Ok, that's fine Missroxor. Hopefully your computer will be sorted soon.
Inventor
#15 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kopple36
BTW- Love your avatar, is that Abby? :D

The one and only. A special halloween avatar.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:07 PM
Ok everybody, we need some contestants!

Even if you haven't participated in a contest before, this is a good place to start!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:20 PM
I'll participate! It sounds like fun. So the first challenge is of prom. Ok.

You said we can change hair, skin, fitness, and eyelashes... if we have Delphy's breast slider, can we give her a pushup for a party?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:56 AM
yay, a contestant!

Yes, Delphy's breast slider is allowed.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 8:15 PM
Hmm. This contest isn't very popular, if we don't get more contestants, it'll have to close.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 8:19 PM
Aww, it wasn't very popular, I'll PM BP to close it.