Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:21 PM
"Everyone else" in your year may have too much money, Ginger
Anyway, your situation looks pretty much the same as mine. I'm getting a mp4 player for Christmas, and MAYBE a new PC monitor. But as for the system itself, I'll have to work all of next summer to even think of buying it (I'm 19, so I can work. Damn it!)
But it comforts me that I know it'll be worth it. Not just the fact that I'll be able to play TS2 like a normal person, with all setting high and GBs of CC. I also play other games, or would like to, that require a powerful computer. But the most rewarding thought of all is that it's gonna be MINE!!! All mine! MWAHAHA!

EDIT: And at least you get allowance. I get something like 35 dollars/months for college books and transportation. Anything that remains of that sum I can have for myself.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VladCrau
"Everyone else" in your year may have too much money, Ginger

I think it's more that their parents like to give them stuff, whereas my parents like to spend time with me and occasionally give me stuff. Like once a year...
I mean it's not like we don't have money. They just spend it on other stuff.
I don't even ask for much. Like while everyone else won't wear anything unless it's a super-famous expensive brand, I go clothes shopping maybe once a year. In Pennys. Or Dunnes. The only thing I spend money on often (aparts from sweets and junk food) is music and that's cause I prefer to be a good girl and support the artist rather than download everything illegally.
I completely understand the whole 'It's mine' thing as well. At the moment it's a constant battle between me and my brother as to who gets on the computer. Luckily, he's sick today, and in bed so I have the computer all to myself
I'm such I nice person, I know....

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:31 PM
You know, they say work builds character. That's probably why our parents aren't giving us as much as other parents. What a way to help, eh?

Scholar
#29 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:33 PM
and when did I say I got an allowance....
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
and don't get anything that resembles regular pocket money.

As for work, I can't legally work at the moment anyway. Too young. And even if I was old enough how would I get a job when people with degrees are queueing all day for a job behind the counter in a shop. There aren't jobs.

jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:34 PM
I completely understand the whole 'It's mine' thing as well. At the moment it's a constant battle between me and my brother as to who gets on the computer. Luckily, he's sick today, and in bed so I have the computer all to myself
I'm such I nice person, I know....

Luckily, I don't have to fight with my sister for the PC anymore, since she moved out; but the issue I have to face now is my mom. Things like: "I paid for it, so you have to do what I tell you" etc etc. But if I by my own computer, and I'll be the one paying for future upgrades (BTW, did I mention that we didn't make any upgrades to the computer since we bought it, 'cause my mom thinks it's not worth it) , then I'll have my own rules about who uses the computer or not.

Scholar
#31 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:37 PM
Wow, we should stop editing posts cause this is starting to look like nonsense
ETA: the whole 'I paid for it' thing doesn't work with my parents (I bought a tv for my room a year ago) cause they 'pay the electricity bill'
I just can't win.

jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:39 PM
As for work, I can't legally work at the moment anyway. Too young. And even if I was old enough how would I get a job when people with degrees are queueing all day for a job behind the counter in a shop. There aren't jobs.

Around here, even if you don't have a degree, you can still find a decent job. Like distributing commercial flyers (that's what Ill be doing next summer). If I work really hard and be productive aka distribute a sh*tload of flyers, I can get as much as 345 dollars/month.

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:39 PM
Wow, we should stop editing posts cause this is starting to look like nonsense
ETA: the whole 'I paid for it' thing doesn't work with my parents (I bought a tv for my room a year ago) cause they 'pay the electricity bill'
I just can't win.

Forgot about the bill. Dang...

Scholar
#34 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:45 PM
They're just excuses. Then the DVD player on the TV stopped working and instead of returning it or getting it repaired my mom was all like 'use the spare one in the sitting room' so now they take away the dvd player and leave the tv. They own the dvd player. One time I told my dad to just take out the scart lead rather than carry the dvd player downstairs. He unplugged it but left it sitting in the room. He struggles with technology.

jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:47 PM
This is one hell of a Christmas conversation... :D

Scholar
#36 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:49 PM
Yeah, we went a little off-topic. Just a little.

I'd actually forgotten this was the christmas thread.

jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:52 PM
People say Christmas is supposed to be a period of joy and happiness. But it seems it's the time of year you notice the bad things the most.

Scholar
#38 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:03 PM
I just tend to be a negative person. I always notice the bad things most.

jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:36 PM
My mum offered to buy me a new phone, but I couldn't wait until Christmas so I bought it myself. So my Christmas present is a total mystery. New hamster would be good though, he died yesterday.

But seriously, I already have a new mobile, laptop, this computer, iPod, nintendo DS, all the books I'm ever going to need... the one thing I don't have is a TV in my room. (And a hamster, as of yesterday). Looks like I'm just going to get chocolate, DVDs and random pointless trivia games again. *sigh*

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:37 PM
I have a TV in my room, candiiee. I'll exchange it for your computer

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
NOOOO!!! *hugs computer* Maybe I'll ask for a portable DVD player or something... Hmm... or a headphone attachment for this computer. Or a book of names so I can name this computer, since I love it so much.

Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about the portable DVD. I received a few hints about it lately... :P

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:43 PM
Or maybe I could have my ears re-pierced. Or amputated. Or re-shaped. I hate the shape of them, they stick out too much.

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM
Tough call. Pierced, or amputated?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:46 PM
...Or new hairstyle? Oh no, wait, I just had it dyed.

Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:48 PM
How about new socks?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
I'll get socks anyway. Hmph. Right now I'm sticking with having something done to my ears, new hamster, and whatever else is given to me.

Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
I always wanted a hamster. And I got a fish. Named Fish

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:56 PM

Apparently watching goldfish is relaxing. I might ask for a goldfish instead of a hamster. I'll think about it. I'd rather have a furry pet, but hamsters make lots of noise.

Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:56 PM
I didn't get a goldfish, but a beta. After he died, I had a few neons.

Page 2 of 3