Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

An Improved Thicker Transparent Wall

by hazuitokage Posted 12th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2012 at 12:03 AM by hazuitokage : Fixed version of the set added !

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 7:54 PM
Cool! I like it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 7:57 PM
Incredible. Just what I needed. Thanks =D
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
Transparent floors over here, I noticed them in a lot upload a couple of days ago

http://www.sunhairsimscreations.com...thread.php?t=57
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 9:02 PM
Whoop! I need, errr, want one of those!
Keep up the good work!
And, you that posted before me? Those floors are not transparent. They kind of make the floors not so opaque and matte. But still. Not transparent. Like these absolutly lovely walls. And also. Those floors are like rugs. That you put over existing flooring.
hmmmm... I'm thinking for improvent you could do milk glass or tinted glass or patterns or... whatever (thinking thoughts of transparent pattern)

Ummm. Rant about bad quality of other stuff? Done. Praise you for the good quality? errr... done. Suggest improvement? Done. Well, that's it and thanks for reading folks!

Best to be wierd, never be shocked,
Break rules whenever you can't be caught,
Please don't be boring, routines go trough not,
Who cares what you do? Who cares what you say?
That's the altitude, don't be normal... Yay!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 9:21 PM
Fluttereyes and Needfyre, Sunhair's floor is a transparent rug that she tweaked to try to make the equivalent of the mirror/reflecting transparent overlay on floors we had for sims2. It can also be used as a sort of transparent roofing if you put it over a room.
Indeed it is not a glass floor tile per se, but still a nice object.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:02 PM
No glass floor request?
then I request a glass...ummmmm Starcase.

anyway... Awesome Walls
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:35 PM
Needfyre, it was pretty rude of you to call me YOU. My name is beside my post. It looked to me in the pics on this upload that this was transparent and also it says so on the originator site.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=377464

Obviously I stand corrected, but I haven't used it and was actually just trying to help
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:32 PM
Flutteryes it was very nice of you to point out that object. I think people who download the glass walls will be interested anyway.
Sunhair actually posted about it in that big 'glass' thread we have in the create forum, that's why I know what it is, since I actually asked her, but her naming is a bit confusing, and there does seem to be a lot of confusion to what object it really is, so you're not at fault. At all.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:49 PM
Yay improved glass! Thankies!
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:50 PM
Hey just a couple of things that concerned me regarding your last glass walls.

Do they let more light through? Equivalent of the in-game wall-height windows I mean.
Do they still do the disappearing thing? This doesn't really concern me that much, I'm just interested.

Anyhow I loved your old one's so I'm getting these as well.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:13 AM
Why not remove the vertical line in between??
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:37 AM
I am just with my morning coffee and and I enjoy it even more today while downloading your gorgeous set and reading your thread.Its a huge contribution to sims 3.Thank you sooooo much for sharing your efforts and your wonderful talent with us.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:16 AM
Thanks for this upgrade, I love your transparent walls
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 4:57 PM
amelda, read the post - the lines are there intentionally and a seamless version is being worked on.

Thanks for these, OP, I really like!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 5:04 PM
I bet Billy Joel would like to have a house made with these! Thanks for sharing :-)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:24 PM
This is SO cool!
Thank you so much! Hope you'll do transparent floors too!
Great job!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:04 PM
I absolutely love these!! I use them in all of my sims houses, thanks so much for making & sharing them =) Great idea to make a door as well!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 7:56 AM
Ooh, you fixed internal walls showing up on the next floor! I didn't care about that much but it makes these even shinier! TYVM for your creations, these windows are easily my most-used custom content Is making them styleable on your cards at all? I have a very poor grasp of how to create content so I don't know if that's even possible. Would give my firstborn for a plain frosted version (Displaimer: at least nine month lead time on that firstborn if you really want it)
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:07 AM
I dont know how hard it will be to transfer this to the new patches and expansion pack but ill be waiting for it. good luck i love the glass wall.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:22 AM
Yaaaay!! I like these a lot. Now I can have a see through glass windows overlooking cliffs.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyro2
I dont know how hard it will be to transfer this to the new patches and expansion pack but ill be waiting for it. good luck i love the glass wall.

Works fine for me with WA
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hazuitokage
... A glass floor is NOT possible at the moment, ...

Possible : transparent flooring/roofing ts3 style - Sunhair Sim's Forums

Enjoy it!.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 1:01 AM
Best upload yet! I've been wanting these for months, but have been to lazy to do them myself! TYVM! I love them!
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:02 PM
while you're at it, fences and floors as well? It'd make for one heck of a see-through home ^_^
Page 1 of 7