Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Si'Down with your drink

by MogHughson Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:20 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 12:22 PM by MogHughson

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:22 AM
What an excellent idea! Thanks so much for this useful tweak - so many little simmy annoyances, chipped away a little at a time. Next, I'd like them to sit down while feeding babies. Thankyou!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:51 AM
Awesome, having those sims stand around while there are perfectly good chairs to sit on in the next room is indeed rather silly. I even put a sofa in a kitchen once just so they would sit down with their coffee already.

However, some of you choices in disallowing certain chairs, puzzle me. I have many kitchens with counters to sit at on barstools, especially meant for quick meals and such. So those would actually be the perfect spot to have an instant meal or protein shake for example. Who would go all the way to the official dining room for an instant meal when you can sit at the kitchen counter? Actually, I'd rather not see any chairs disallowed, I'd sit anywhere before sitting on the floor or just standing about.

Would it be possible to make another version of this, where no chairs are disallowed and there's just a preference between comfy chair and dining chair/barstool?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:16 AM
>.> now this reminds me of cid highwind's line from FF7,"Sit your butts down in that chair and drink your goddan TEA!?!" XD nice work

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pleun
Would it be possible to make another version of this, where no chairs are disallowed and there's just a preference between comfy chair and dining chair/barstool?
Certainly it would be - I'll have to be careful not to end up with every possible combination, but perhaps that one is generic enough to be useful for lots of people. It is just a case of changing the BCONs. I will do that one and upload later.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 12:18 PM
Will this conflict with TwoJeff's Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix.package? I really like the sit down action when a Sim eats chinese in that hack.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 2:39 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 24th Nov 2009 at 2:41 PM. Reason: Can't spell worth a ding! *sheesh*
WOW! What a terriffic mod! And, I love your presentation - lots of info to use.
I agree with Pleun in regard to barstools used at kitchen counters. In RL all meals are eaten at the kitchen bar/counter, only dinner is served in our dining room. I was ready to try tweaking this mod for myself, but after reading the above comments, I'll wait until v2 comes out.
THANK YOU!!!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Will this conflict with TwoJeff's Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix.package? I really like the sit down action when a Sim eats chinese in that hack.
If you could provide me with a link I could take a look. I have listed in my thread all the resources I have changed so if TwoJeff has done the same a quick eyeball would tell you. I have not touched anything to do with Chinese food in case that is what you are asking - don't understand what the relationship with Chinese food and Coffee is in TwoJeff's mod.

Cheers
Morag

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:32 PM
This sounds great, especially sims sitting on the floor if they don't have any chairs! I look forward to trying it out.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 4:11 PM
Yay! Congrats on finishing this up, Mog. It's fantastic!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:34 PM
Thank you so much for providing the information you used in the mod so that people can change it as needed for a truly custom game. Wonderful mod, and I'll let you know if and when i encounter any conflicts or issues.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
If you could provide me with a link I could take a look. I have listed in my thread all the resources I have changed so if TwoJeff has done the same a quick eyeball would tell you. I have not touched anything to do with Chinese food in case that is what you are asking - don't understand what the relationship with Chinese food and Coffee is in TwoJeff's mod.

Cheers
Morag

that particular mod fixes it so sims won't wander up four flights of stairs to drop their boxes or cups in the attic when there is an empty counter right there. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8.0

there wasn't a conflict when i ran the hcdu but i will keep an eye out for oddness though.

i'm a pepper
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:34 PM
This is great. I hate my sims standing around when they are drinking, it just seems so unnatural.

Would it be possible to also do the same for bar drinks? Usually sims will sit on stools at a bar, but are unwilling to use other tables and chairs in the same room, so if I build a fancy bar with no stools they don't know what to do.:-p
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Certainly it would be - I'll have to be careful not to end up with every possible combination, but perhaps that one is generic enough to be useful for lots of people. It is just a case of changing the BCONs. I will do that one and upload later.

Awesome, thank you so much for being willing to do that. I wouldn't dare to ask for something that I didn't expect to be useful for lots of other people as well.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:46 PM
There is one irregularity that I saw, Who actually sits on the ground near a vending machine? *yuck*! I am sure most people would much rather stand. Another question, is there a hack to stop making sims compulsed to place coffee mugs on bedside tables and coffee tables? What is so hard about putting a mug straight into the dishwasher when you are finished?

Otherwise, this hack is brilliant and needed.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:03 AM
This is a great hack, thanks for making this!

(I agree with the above poster, though, that most people I've known typically stand up when there are no chairs, rather than sitting on the floor, so I edited it to use standing-up.)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 1:53 PM
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 7:42 PM
This is a lovely idea. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 11:18 AM
I love this idea and am dropping into my heavily modded game for testing. I want to thank you for your wonderfully detailed presentations and cheerful attitude toward suggestions.

jdenm8; there is a hack to improve coffee cup disposal. I believe, without checking the docs, it is from MATY and is called coffecuphack.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:24 PM Last edited by jeffallenroberts : 27th Nov 2009 at 1:42 PM. Reason: added game info
Testing report:

Bad news, your hack has an apparent conflict with Two Jeff's chinese and coffee hack, which I was unaware was installed in my game. The relevant section of the HCDU report is pasted bellow. The good news is that testing in-game shows no difference in behavior with, or without, the chinese hack installed and in line with your published changes either way in several residential and dorm settings. This may be a non-issue.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Drink - Find Place to Drink
Group ID: 0x7FECC780
Instance ID: 0x00001003
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix.package
\downloads\sit-down-with-your-drink-Mog-20090930.package

Procedure Name: Drink - Find Place to Drink
Group ID: 0x7F978FF9
Instance ID: 0x00001004

Procedure Name: Interaction - Drink
Group ID: 0x7F5BD236
Instance ID: 0x00001002

Procedure Name: Interaction - Drink
Group ID: 0x7F31DF4D
Instance ID: 0x00001002

I'm running all EPs built on Double Deluxe, with no SPs except the bundled Celebration.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:05 PM
Clash
This mod clashes with twojeff's Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix, perhaps not surprisingly as it does the same thing (find somewhere better to sit with a drink than Maxis code did) in a slightly different way for
  • Coffee (and Hot Chocolate) Mug
  • Espresso (and Barista)
  • Snack juice from fridge
  • Instant Meal
and so makes updates in exactly the same BHAVs. Thanks to raynuss for letting me know the mod even existed (shame you weren't looking on the Creator Feedback Forum when I was making this ), thanks to aubreylaraine for the link, and thanks to jeffallenroberts for running ths HCDU so all I had to do to work out the clashes was read the bottom of my thread and do the comparison.

I have updated the main thread to note this clash (well duplicate of function in fact).

Other questions
To sit on the floor or not to sit on the floor, that is the question.
Quote: Originally posted by Nocomment
This sounds great, especially sims sitting on the floor if they don't have any chairs! I look forward to trying it out.
Quote: Originally posted by jdenm8
There is one irregularity that I saw, Who actually sits on the ground near a vending machine? *yuck*! I am sure most people would much rather stand.
Quote: Originally posted by please_dont_crash_my_game
(I agree with the above poster, though, that most people I've known typically stand up when there are no chairs, rather than sitting on the floor, so I edited it to use standing-up.)
Of course, as suspected when making this and when discussing it on the Creator Feedback Forum, there are always going to be diametrically opposed opinions about which chairs to use and whether to stand up or sit down when there are no chairs. I had the sit on floor requested and have left that as the default. You will only see it if no chairs are available. If you want to change it, it is really really easy - see instructions in the thread. I deliberately made it that way so that you can all have your own versions if you wish

Quote: Originally posted by Hackster Manic
Would it be possible to also do the same for bar drinks? Usually sims will sit on stools at a bar, but are unwilling to use other tables and chairs in the same room, so if I build a fancy bar with no stools they don't know what to do.:-p
This mod already caters for bar drinks. By default with either tuning version, they will use bar stools by preference, but if no bar stools are there, then they will happily use other chair types. Have a play and see whether that's what you are after.

Cheers,
Mog

Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:33 AM
Downloading this, this looks like a great mod and I'm excited to try it out!
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 2:36 PM
Mog, I love you!! Another much needed update in Sim behavior. Thanks a million times!
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:53 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! I sure wish someone would do this for phones. I hate watching them pace all over the place just to talk on the phone.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 8:50 AM
I have tried this mod, and it keeps giving me an error message whenever my sim wants to get a drink, or any form of food.

If I say something intelligent, you'll remember me for a while.
If I say something stupid you'll remember me forever.
Page 1 of 3