Replies: 24 (Who?), Viewed: 13542 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:49 PM
Default I somehow lost the axe.
I've been playing WA for two days now, I got the Axe from China and did a lot of other adventures there (Including the one with the 3 mummys at the end of it), but when I went to France to start doing adventures there for a change, my game crashed randomly and when I went to use the Axe on a boulder, it wouldn't let me because I didn't have it! Somewhere along the line I've either lost it or the game crash destroyed it, does anyone know how I can get it back? (Especially if its a crash)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:49 PM
Same thing happened to me, but the game didn't crash it suddenly disappeared from my sim's inventory.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:58 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to reset tombs/get the axe back? it'd be really helpful...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:18 PM
You can enter testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug and place a new axe on any lot you want and reclaim it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRiordan
You can enter testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug and place a new axe on any lot you want and reclaim it.

It may leave an invisible copy of itself wherever you place it. It did that with the two eyes in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:26 AM
Thanks, I'll do that.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 9:37 PM
Default nop. no axe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRiordan

so, any one can help us with this? i done the same but it is invisible as someone sed. and if you loose the axe there'rs many thinks that you wont can do then.
(sme)

mSOL
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 12:56 AM
My experience is that the axe placed using cheats only get invincible at residential lots, try placing it on a communal lot.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 5:54 AM
Try looking in the family inventory. When I got home after accuiring it I discovered that it wasn't in my sim's inventory anymore, but then I found it in the family inventory. And then I could just put it back in my sim's inventory to take with me on the next trip.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 8:17 AM
I somehow lost the axe, when my sim went back home from a trip to China. And unfortunately not only the axe but all of the items in her inventory she found there. Perhaps because she went home before her official last day there? I don't know.

Then I found this thread and, of course, tried to cheat the axe back, which worked fine. Later, my sim went to France (with the axe in her inventory), but when she returned home, a clone of her already waited in her house. Both of them carried the axe, which suddenly as well hung on the wall where I put it after cheating. In the end there were three (!) axes .

So I sold the axe on the wall and in the clones inventory and decided to kill the clone.

Did the game clone my sim, because it placed the invisible copy of the axe in the inventory? Or is it just another bug?
Alchemist
#11 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 8:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirie12
I somehow lost the axe, when my sim went back home from a trip to China. And unfortunately not only the axe but all of the items in her inventory she found there. Perhaps because she went home before her official last day there? I don't know.

Then I found this thread and, of course, tried to cheat the axe back, which worked fine. Later, my sim went to France (with the axe in her inventory), but when she returned home, a clone of her already waited in her house. Both of them carried the axe, which suddenly as well hung on the wall where I put it after cheating. In the end there were three (!) axes .

So I sold the axe on the wall and in the clones inventory and decided to kill the clone.

Did the game clone my sim, because it placed the invisible copy of the axe in the inventory? Or is it just another bug?

that is freaky.

...and yet story material.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 8:28 PM
I had a similar problem. I sent a sim home early, for some reason i got pop ups saying he threw out an essential book and another saying he destroyed the keystone to the dragon's cave. So, i reloaded my last save which was in france before he left... and let him go home due to the vacation ending on it's own and everything was fine. I think its a glitch when sending sims home early.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 5:07 PM
i got mine back like this:
1.turn on testingcheatsenabled true
2.shift click on a community lot while in live mode
3.pick the option buy on this lot
4.turn on buy debug
5.click the ? catagory
6.find the axe
7.place it on the lot
8.put it in your family inventory(when you try to put it in your family inventory it will look like it isn't there)
9.click live mode
10.click the buy mode button to edit your home
11.look in your family inventory
12.put the axe in your sims inventory
this worked for me try it and see if it works for you

Trying to think of something to upload.....
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 14th Dec 2009 at 9:56 AM.
Hmm... placing the axe seems to be oddly erratic.

Personally I am a believer in giving it free to all my sims, since I tend to choose their vacation destinations based on thier traits and interests, and I totally don't want to require EVERY sim to have to spend weeks (possibly) in China before that quest pops up.

So when one member of the family I'm currently playing needed the axe in Egypt, I simply used buydebug to place it on the tomb wall. She picked it up with no problems, and it didn't go in her family inventory either... went into her own inventory as expected.

Now, however, her son is in France, and he wants an axe. Using the same procedure, I tried to place one in a tomb, in a shop, and in the Base Camp. In all cases the axe vanished when placed, and he was unable to take it.

Maybe you can only have one axe per game? That would be a drag. I like to have my family members specialize in different destinations so they can easily cooperate on the cross-destination quests and so on.

I am now gonna try making a community lot with a few axes in it... if that works out, you should be able to plop it down anywhere, including the base hood.

[Edit: This worked fine in my test hood... two different sims from the same family were able to get axes from the lot when placed in Sunset Valley. However, when I put the lot in France and had the sim I was playing whose mother already had the axe go there, the axes had gone invisible again. VERY PUZZLING!]

THe ideal and somewhat less cheaty solution, IMO, would be to give the axe to adventure merchants in Egypt and France at Visa Level 3 for a significant amount of ancient coins. Hmm, maybe I should look into whether that's easy to do as a mod.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 4:18 AM
Still!!!
I have tried all the above fixes and I can put the axe in my sims buy inventory but no matter where I put it and no matter what wall (residential or community) as soon as I go to live mode they disappear. I have tried it with buydebug on and off, I even tried to put one where it was in the first place (in the temple) but there was already one there in buy on this lot but gone when I went live. Extremely frustrated.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 5:49 AM
Yeah, there's something weird going on in the code about that axe. Maybe one of our file diving gurus can flush it out I'm still able to give it to my sims sometimes... I just started a new sim in a new game, put the axe in her house and she could get it with no problem. *shrug*

Like I said, IMO the ideal would be to make it buyable from special merchants.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbeasty
I have tried all the above fixes and I can put the axe in my sims buy inventory but no matter where I put it and no matter what wall (residential or community) as soon as I go to live mode they disappear. I have tried it with buydebug on and off, I even tried to put one where it was in the first place (in the temple) but there was already one there in buy on this lot but gone when I went live. Extremely frustrated.

Try moving in a new sim to the household. That worked for me when my axe disappeared. The axe appeared on the wall in livemode.

You need to kill off the new sim, though, because having them move out makes the axe disappear again.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims3gamer
i got mine back like this:
1.turn on testingcheatsenabled true
2.shift click on a community lot while in live mode
3.pick the option buy on this lot
4.turn on buy debug
5.click the ? catagory
6.find the axe
7.place it on the lot
8.put it in your family inventory(when you try to put it in your family inventory it will look like it isn't there)
9.click live mode
10.click the buy mode button to edit your home
11.look in your family inventory
12.put the axe in your sims inventory
this worked for me try it and see if it works for you

I got to 3, but turn on buy debug? what does that mean??????
I lost my axe somehow too
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowleaf
I got to 3, but turn on buy debug? what does that mean??????
I lost my axe somehow too

You open up the cheat box and enter buydebug. Now in buy mode (sort by function), there will be a section marked with a ?.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:05 PM
I got my axe by cheating the way it's described here, and it went in my sims personal inventory, but next time i got to france, it was gone. I looked in my family inventory and sure enough, there it was. However i'm not able to move it back in my sims personal inventory. Can't do it! And placing a different axe on the wall of my vacation home doesn't help, there's no interaction availble... It's all very strange...

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:03 PM
I cannot get the axe from family inventory into the individual sim's inventory. PLEASE help.
Eminence Grise
#22 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
Sometimes the axe just can't be got, it seems. In that case you need to use a workaround... like going into build mode in the tomb and deleting the rock. Testingcheatsenabled On, shift-click the ground, Build Here.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:00 AM
Thanks a lot. Apparently, there's a max inventory hidden somewhere, because the same travle lost the axe, the special ruby from the crown, and about 600 fruits. I am BUMMED>
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
I know this thread is old but Smeelia has found a solution to getting the axe back. Here is a link to download a community lot that has the axe inside a chest on the property: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...ssetId=2269338#

No mod, no cheat
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD145
It may leave an invisible copy of itself wherever you place it. It did that with the two eyes in my game.

That also happened to me but I think it be because I cheated and got the eyes use the buydebug menu