Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unlimited Adventures 1.22

by Shimrod101 Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:33 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2011 at 11:25 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.22

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:45 PM
Thank you for this Much appreciated!
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:51 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for the share
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 5:20 AM
Awesome! I hope you can figure out to reset all the tomb stuff. I can't believe that EA thought we would only want to play the game once all the way through. Booo! lol
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 7:28 AM
LOL Tasha! Were they trying to rush it to production, leaving the public to tie up loose ends @ $39.99 per person? Hmm...

If only I could pause life like I pause my Sims game........
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:26 AM
eh? in my game i can just replay the adventures, or after i finish an adventure in a day, i can go back to the board on the same day and check for adventures just fine...
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:22 PM
Well, this is a start, thank you. And, btw, on the official boards a SimGuru actually stopped by the WTF thread and said the one-tomb-ever, no reset, was AS INTENDED.

So far, everything about Sims3 seems to be geared toward a one-sim-per-neighborhood style of play, from the loss of inventory, wishes, etc. on switching households up to this new aggrevation of only one sim ever doing an adventure. I finally got the game running smoothly enough to enjoy the new locations only to run up against this new wrinkle. This isn't The Sims I knew and loved from Sims 1, that's for sure, and I'm thinking maybe I should back up and get all the Sims 2 stuf rather than waiting the years it could take for EA to put the builder style back into The Sims franchise.

Those of you with experience, is Sims 3 really an upgrade from Sims 2?
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:16 PM
thank you, grazie
gracias
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:28 AM
The problem is some of the adventures need a reset of the door to begin, when I found that I have a useless key in my inventory and can't discard it from the game, I exit from the game without saving, the idea is good but the risk of a problem in the game is too great.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xix39
Well, this is a start, thank you. And, btw, on the official boards a SimGuru actually stopped by the WTF thread and said the one-tomb-ever, no reset, was AS INTENDED.

So far, everything about Sims3 seems to be geared toward a one-sim-per-neighborhood style of play, from the loss of inventory, wishes, etc. on switching households up to this new aggrevation of only one sim ever doing an adventure. I finally got the game running smoothly enough to enjoy the new locations only to run up against this new wrinkle. This isn't The Sims I knew and loved from Sims 1, that's for sure, and I'm thinking maybe I should back up and get all the Sims 2 stuf rather than waiting the years it could take for EA to put the builder style back into The Sims franchise.

Those of you with experience, is Sims 3 really an upgrade from Sims 2?

I suspect that was the reasoning with the living neighbourhood, you would just play one family/sim. I guess the one tomb ever is real life, but I don't want real life. When I send my 2nd, 3rd, even 4th generation on vacation, I want them to have to complete everything again, even if I already know what they have to do.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 11:30 PM
Thanks for this mode, it is truly awesome, although quite frankly, I think I will be digging out my sims 2 and playing with that for a while. I second the BOOOOOOOO to EA Tasha. Just goes to show they just really don't understand their customers and their wants.

Again...thanks for this mod Shimrod!!! I think this is the only thing that will save this game for me

Dooglebear
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 10:01 AM
Brilliant, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by izzahsyahmina
eh? in my game i can just replay the adventures, or after i finish an adventure in a day, i can go back to the board on the same day and check for adventures just fine...

same here. i'm constantly getting the same completed adventures popping up while on vacation. it's getting quite annoying since there's still temples i need to do quests to access. i don't have this mod installed either.

Shimrod, how about a mod to make the game only show an adventure once for those of us who's games act like they have this mod when they don't? :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaroba
same here. i'm constantly getting the same completed adventures popping up while on vacation. it's getting quite annoying since there's still temples i need to do quests to access. i don't have this mod installed either.
Shimrod, how about a mod to make the game only show an adventure once for those of us who's games act like they have this mod when they don't? :P

I don't even believe this, or the previous message mentioning this. It's technically impossible from what's written in the XML, the part which I changed to create this mod. On the larger, more complicated adventures it says right there "OncePerHousehold", whereas on some of the shorter ones it says "Always". I'm sure what you're seeing is these shorter ones repeating again and again, and this is the way it's supposed to be. The larger ones won't be repeatable in base game.
This has been discussed out and in all over the place on the forums here at MTS, and also at every other website that ever existed.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:43 AM
This is great. TY
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 2:41 PM
A few of the Adventures had minor changes with the 2.3.3 update. I redid this from the 2.3.3 XML so these changes are included in this mod. First version of this mod must be removed before using the new one.

Anyone still on the 2.2.8 WA or whatever can also safely use this; you will simply receive EA's 2.3.3 fixes a tad early.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 12:39 AM
KEWL thanx for this one
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:49 PM
Thanks nice work!
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 5:57 AM
Hey, hope you don't mind me asking this. Thanks so much for making this mod! I just need to know before I install it: Will this mod conflict with AwesomeMod?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chanceofrainne
Hey, hope you don't mind me asking this. Thanks so much for making this mod! I just need to know before I install it: Will this mod conflict with AwesomeMod?

I really don't know because I don't use Awesome, but they say that Awesome doesn't use any of the XML files at all, and this mod uses only one XML so it's not a complicated mod at all; so my guess is that it works fine.

Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:28 PM
OK, after playtesting, it doesn't appear to conflict with AwesomeMod; however, here's what happened. I sent a second Sim to China, and checked the adventure board; immediately, he got the "Seeking Adventure?" quest, which I thought was terrific. Unfortunately, because the tomb didn't reset, there's no relic there for him to find, so he can't complete the quest. Am I doing it wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chanceofrainne
Unfortunately, because the tomb didn't reset, there's no relic there for him to find, so he can't complete the quest. Am I doing it wrong?

The tombs don't reset: the floor switches, statues, keystones and all the major stuff won't reset. There isn't any way with XML to make them reset and none of the Core modders or anyone else has found a way to reset the stuff.

What people suggest in the forums is to copy all the original tomb lots into the Library in Edit Town BEFORE you ever play them, so that they are untouched; when one sim has done the tomb complete you can bulldoze the lot in Edit Town and place your copy lot on the same spot, so it's new untouched again in your game. Then sim 2 can go into the same tomb and everything is brand new.

Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:09 PM
Ahhhh I see! Thank you, Shimrod.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:41 PM
Thank you for this Shimrod, and thank you for the lot replacement trick!

Also, just to assure people, yes, it works with Awesomemod.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:24 AM
Default Removing 2.2.3 xml
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
A few of the Adventures had minor changes with the 2.3.3 update. I redid this from the 2.3.3 XML so these changes are included in this mod. First version of this mod must be removed before using the new one.

Anyone still on the 2.2.8 WA or whatever can also safely use this; you will simply receive EA's 2.3.3 fixes a tad early.

Sorry if this is dumb question, I'm not to computer savy, but, could you please tell me how to remove the mod with the 2.2.3 xml to make this new mod work? I am not sure what the file name is that I need to remove and where to find it.
Page 1 of 4