Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 6636 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 1:57 AM
The Family Inventory
I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you guys about the family inventory...I have the new expansion pack, with the latest patch, freshly installed yesterday...I don't have many, if any mods installed...Mostly because all the good ones that I like don't work with WA yet...

1. How do you get the fish out of the family inventory and into the fridge..?
2. Have you experienced any issues with the mouse cursor after clicking and moving things from the inventory to your house..? My cursor seems to be stuck in grab mode, but still functioning like the arrow...

Other than that issue, I don't think I have any gripes about this EP...I didn't even think that I'd like it, but so far, I think its kinda fun...My problem with the Sims has been present ever since Sims 1, which is fixing seemingly simple sim issues...Ultra annoying that we have all these amazing additions to the game, far beyond what I thought...I mean, Sims 3 is a BEAUTIFUL game, the areas I have vacationed to have been amazing to see...But when my sim is on low autonomy, he won't go get in the bed, and when he's on high autonomy, he whips out his inventory gadgets before I can click on him to do something...

But, neither here nor there, I'm just trying to find out what gives with the family inventory...
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 2:58 AM
1. Drag the fish to the fridge and drop it... or open the fridge by clicking on it and selecting "open", and drop the fish into the fridge's inventory. Lots of container-type objects work like that, including bookshelves and display cases.

2. Yes, I've had the problem with the drag cursor two or three times. It's not limited to the family inventory though. Happened to me once when placing the tent, for instance. Believe it's a bug, but dunno exactly what triggers it. Have had to exit and restart to fix it.
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 6:49 AM
I've also experienced the "stuck mouse" issue when editing relationships in CAS. I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem. It does seem like a transient glitch which often strikes at complete random....
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 7:21 AM
I had the hand glitch yesterday when I had my family move to a larger house. I had placed the picnic basket from the yard into the family inventory. Once they had moved in, and a bit later that day, I remembered that picnic basket and tried to take it out of family inventory and place it in the backyard. I got the hand glitch. I reloaded and the picnic basket was back in household inventory and there it remains.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 6:56 PM
I have also had the hand/cursor glitch on several occasions. Usually occurs with the family and personal inventory. When this happens, I usually exit the game and re-load it. The problem usually goes away, although it seems to not be permanent.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:06 AM
OK, at least I'm not alone, but this is still a problem that stinks...I was never able to drag and drop the fish from my inventory to the Fridge, I'm not sure what caused it, maybe corrupt items in my inventory or something since I do quite a bit of family merging and so forth...

After a couple of lockups, I had to completely sell everything in my inventory and start from scratch...Haven't seen the stuck cursor issue since...

But today I got a new glitch...

I am having fun w/WA, but I almost wish I hadn't installed it yet...What I don't get is how the people @ EA that get paid to test these things don't catch them in months before release, and in a couple of days we find all kinds of things...
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:56 PM
I've been having this problem (the hand/cursor glitch) all day! It's really frustrating having to restart your game again and again.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:00 PM
On the bright side, we have a couple of new mods here by treeag that make it possible to sell stuff or move it in bulk without dragging
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 3:51 AM
I've had the second problem, too. I just finish moving objects in the house and the little cursor looks like a hand but still functions as the cursor. I know it doesn't matter but it pisses me off.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
12th Jun 2010 at 4:08 AM
This message has been deleted by inabisim. Reason: oops I necro'd
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:12 AM
Default Inventory disappears after traveling
So I recently downloaded the fulls Sims 3 set with expansions off Steam while they were having their summer sale but I've been having some issues. One of the big ones seems to be with traveling. Just today, my sim went to France and bought a nectar making station but when he came back, it had disappeared from his family inventory along with all the sculptures and some other things that had been in there before he had traveled! It's very frustrating and I lost a good chuck of time/money because of it!

Anyone known why this is happening and/or what can be done to fix it!? Please help!

Via