Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Queen's Palace and Tomb

by ruthless_kk Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:53 PM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:05 PM
Wow, this looks great! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:03 AM
Your very own explorable tomb! What more could you ask for ?! :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:26 AM
this is realy nice. Im excited people are building lots for WA
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:31 AM
Looks awesome. Can't wait to explore the tombs underneath this mansion
Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:41 AM
A wonderfully exotic house with a nice practical floor plan, great combination.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:26 AM
Really cool lot, thanks ruthless!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:18 AM
WOW, Amazing lot ! I love it, thank you
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:19 AM
This is very beautiful...good job :-)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:28 AM
What a fabulous lot Ruth I love the ambience that you've created ,I also adore both the internal and external decoration.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:28 PM
this is absolutely gorgeous! it really looks like a palace! excellent work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:55 PM
Thank you all SO much for the positive feedback. When I was builiding this thing, I got to a point that I realized I might have bitten off more than I cold chew...and I almost gave up. Now I am glad that I didnt.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Alchemist
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:51 PM
Oh wow, looks amazing, and since tombs don't fully reset, it's going to be great to have new ones to explore! I bet this would still work if turned into a community lot in Egypt, for Sims to just visit and explore?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Oh wow, looks amazing, and since tombs don't fully reset, it's going to be great to have new ones to explore! I bet this would still work if turned into a community lot in Egypt, for Sims to just visit and explore?

Yes...you could totally do that. Just place it and switch lot type....I guess it would make the most comfortable base camp ever...lol.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:14 PM
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:43 PM
It's an eye candy from outside. The typical low leveled squared shaped upper crust architecture of the orient. Well captured. I also enjoy the striking and in-themed interior. Will have fun with this one! Thank you for the share

If you would create something, you must be something.
-Goethe
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 9:20 PM
Thank you for this, it looks absolutely stunning
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 5:02 AM
Default love the temple but need HELP!
could you write a small guide, cant open door with fire on both sides, keeps saying i need to find a hidden switch, and i swear ive searched top to bottom and no switch is in sight. would really apreaciate the help. (sorry for crappl spelling)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 1:16 PM
There is a heart keystone on the floor next to the stairs that goes in the wall in that room....the wall that you enter that room, as a matter of fact. You can soak your sim to get through the fire and then a plaque on the far wall will turn them off once you read it.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruthless_kk
Yes...you could totally do that. Just place it and switch lot type....I guess it would make the most comfortable base camp ever...lol.

I just tried to do that while placing the the lot in Sunset Valley at 15 Summer Hill Court (the 60-x60 lot size near the Landgraab Estate and opposite Summer Hill Springs. I got the following message:

"Some objects at 15 Summer Hill Court are not allowed on community lots. In order to change 15 Summer Hill Court into a community lot these objects will be deleted if you proceed."

I left it as a residential lot because I wasn't sure if the tomb objects would be affected.

I also miss the old days of the Sims 2 where you could just plonk the lot down on the appropriate-sized lot and make any changes you wanted without having to Edit the Town first.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 11:09 PM
Beautifully done. I cannot wait to explore the tomb.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 9:01 PM
I like this house, I have it in Egypt as a community lot and use it as a Hotel for my rich. The objects that dissapear for sure when you change it to a community lot is the stove.

I did modify the lot after transfering it so it's more hotel like but still, you realy did a great job on this, I could never have managed to decorate or build anything so pretty.

I have not yet explored the tomb, because none of the sims who have used it are the exploring type. The only "bug" I found so far is that the computer upstairs, is un-usable because the chair is not alligned correctly to the desk.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 7:35 AM
I love it! Probably going change the blue to red. Very nice job!
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruthless_kk

<3 it It is wonderful for a normal lot like a dream house :3! VERY NICE WONDERFUL JOB :D! I love the nice dark atmosphere. Makes my child sims explore greatly :3 Idk I like the house. Yes but idk why i dont wanna put it in egypt xD its perfect for it :3! xD I <3 the home great job
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 12:20 AM
Wait, a question. you have this set as just needing the base game, but then you say you also need world adventures in the text so which is it? cause, I only have the base game.
Page 1 of 2