Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:40 PM Last edited by Fernweather : 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Edited to remove attached file (no longer needed).
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

The situation is this: I'm creating a set of pregnant morphs for teen female clothing. So far I've created two sets, one for tfBodySwimsuitOnePiece and one for tfBodyDressEmpire_lace. The swimsuit set works fine, if the pregnant sim changes in to swimwear she'll wear the suit as expected. The empire dress, however, results in floaty head syndrome.

For both sets, I did the following:
1) Extracted base meshes using CTU and imported to Milkshape.
2) Made pregnant morphs in Milkshape and exported to files.
3) Created a BEOG using BMM.
4) Altered the CASP to enable item for maternity (random was already set). In the case of tfBodyDressEmpire_lace, I also set the item as valid for formalwear.
5) Imported the altered CASP, the BEOG created with BMM, and the GEOMs exported from Milkshape into a new package. The swimsuit had 3 GEOMs, the empire dress had 4 (lod1, lod1_1, lod2, and lod3).
6) For added measure, used BMM to create a VPXY for each set.
7) Ensured that the instance IDs for the CASP, BEOG, and VPXY override those in fullbuild0, and that the GEOMs are using the proper group IDs for the set they belong to.

As I said, the swimsuit works fine, the empire dress not so much. Even though the dress is enable for formalwear, it does not show up in CAS for teens as a formalwear option. It is almost as if the game isn't reading the package at all (and, yes, it is in the proper Packages folder :p).

Attached is the package for the empire dress in case it might help anyone to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#52 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:34 PM.
i had a quick look and i think its because you forgot to add the designs when editing the caspart in CTU.

edit,
4 attempts later.....im as confused as you now lol....
The clone will show up fine but the moment you give its caspart its original ID the formal will dissapear, very strange
Field Researcher
#53 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Fernweather : 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:32 PM. Reason: Edited to remove attached file (no longer needed).
I added the designs, and the dress is showing up under formalwear now. But I'm still getting nothing but floaty head when a new pregnant sim changes into maternity wear.

The empire dress is the only non-swimwear teen clothing I have maternity enabled at the moment. Is it possible the sim is trying to change into something else?

ETA:
The fail continues . While the swimsuit is showing up, the sim never develops a baby bump before the baby arrives (file for the swimsuit is attached).

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Field Researcher
#54 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:29 PM
I finally got it to work by generating new instance IDs for the CASP files in each package. For some reason the game isn't seeing the CASP file when I attempt to override the instance ID in fullbuild0.

I am still not sure why the sim is able to wear the non-maternity enabled swimsuit while pregnant though. Odd.

Sockpuppet
#55 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 4:33 PM
I wrote a small tutorial on how to use Wes his merge tools and making a pregnant morph with it.
You might want to add the link?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398865
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 2:12 AM Last edited by deliopen : 22nd Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM.
Hello! This would be my first attempt at making a mod (or morph, whichever you refer to it as), and I'm having issues with the last steps. If I change the "comment" of the morph, then the plugin won't accept it for export. If I don't change it, then the BGEO-making program will crash with an error when I hit "Create BGEO." Thanks,
deliopen

Edit:I fixed that part, I believe it was actually bad modeling regarding the plugin. Trying to get the morph to show up in game.

Edit of an edit: I can't get it to show up in game, even after trying more than 10 times. I even tried putting other CAS files in there that had changed availability (i.e. available in other categories) and they wouldn't show up. All I have in the package are the CAS part files and the BGEO. Do I need something else?

Editagain: I tried adding GEOM files to the package, but it still doesn't show up on the sims.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 2:47 PM
Is this a morph for an adult/YA female, adding a pregnant morph to clothing that doesn't originally have it? If so, I've never had much luck getting added morphs to show in the game, and whatever is causing this may be your problem. The item I made showed up when pregnant only once out of at least a dozen tries, even when the Sim had that clothing in her wardrobe. Possibly the game has some kind of built-in preference for the pregnancy outfits that came with it.

After some RL business and illness and catching up on other projects, this weekend I'm getting back to Sims 3 stuff and will be taking another look at this for my 'Meshing for Dummies' tutorial. Anything I find out I'll post here.
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 7:44 PM Last edited by deliopen : 25th Apr 2010 at 2:27 AM. Reason: added pic
It was, and I followed your advice in the PM and it showed up on one of my sims (finally!). It glitched pretty bad though, appearance wise. I'll upload a pic.
Edit: Oh, the foot in the ground is because of uneven ground, my mod didn't touch that.
Edit2: I almost think it isn't reading the BGEO data, based on the way it's showing up. It's like the default bottom has the data, but the top doesn't, which is rather odd (considering I did put that into the package). I'll upload the package, let me know if you see any particular problems.
Editagain: I did the entire process again with a different shirt, and the same issue occurred. I must be doing something wrong in the process, or not naming the type in Postal, etc.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DeliTry12.rar (14.7 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 3:09 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 25th Apr 2010 at 4:47 PM.
I can see what the problem is. The CASP links to the bblend which links to the BGEO using the instance numbers. With the clothes that came with the game, the bblend and BGEO files for one piece of clothing have the same instance ID. Your new BGEO has instance ID 0x8B2FB87AB7228AE1. In your CASP file, the link points to Instance ACB669E5F131AE8D. (Open your package in CTU and look in the Part Details tab. Look for "TGI Index Blend Info Special" - it's index 4. then look farther down for TGI # 4, and it shows the Type, Group, and Instance of the Special bblend.) Since there is no bblend in your package, this link is presumably pointing to a bblend file in Fullbuild0, which is pointing to the game BGEO, which is empty. In other words, while you've created a new BGEO you haven't linked it to the clothing.

For what you're doing, the simplest solution is to use the game BGEO instance ID for your replacement BGEO. As explained above, find the Special bblend Instance ID in your CASP using CTU, and change the instance of the BGEO in your package to match it. (In s3pe, double-click the BGEO, change the Instance ID, save.) In the future either make your new BGEO with the Instance ID from the CASP (your package will then contain the CASP and the BGEO), or make a new BGEO and bblend and use the MorphMaker tool to edit the CASP file and set up the proper links (your package will contain the CASP, a bblend, and a BGEO).

If you're making new clothes using CTU, btw, it's actually easier. Newer versions of MorphMaker have a tool to add a new morph to a CTU custom clothing package. Maybe for a minor update I should have a similar option to add a pregnant (or other) morph to a default replacement package. Also when I do a new pregnant morph tutorial in the Meshing for Dummies I'll go through the process in more detail.

BTW, I see your CASP file has an instance ID of 0x0000000000000000. This probably shouldn't happen - I know CTU generates new numbers for them.

** Edit: after a look at MorphMaker I see it will handle this situation. Just use CTU to change the CASP category to make the clothing valid for maternity, save that as a new package which should contain only the CASP file, then run MorphMaker, make your BGEO if you haven't done so, and click the 'Add Morph to Package' button in the clothing screen. Open your package, click the button for the pregnant morph, import your BGEO file, save as a new package, and you're done.
Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:11 AM
Thanks for the advice! I tried the way you added with the edit, but it no longer shows up in game. I remember you mentioned that CTU might change the instance numbers, and while I think I changed the CASP's instance number after trying it as it came (without success), it still doesn't show up in game after at least 6 tries (and in all of the categories checked off).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deliopen
Thanks for the advice! I tried the way you added with the edit, but it no longer shows up in game. I remember you mentioned that CTU might change the instance numbers, and while I think I changed the CASP's instance number after trying it as it came (without success), it still doesn't show up in game after at least 6 tries (and in all of the categories checked off).

I still need to experiment with this more - but as I said in PM I've never had much luck getting the game to pick clothing with an added pregnant morph - it took trying over and over and over again. The fact that it worked for you after you changed the CASP instance ID is interesting, though. Did it work more than once?
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I still need to experiment with this more - but as I said in PM I've never had much luck getting the game to pick clothing with an added pregnant morph - it took trying over and over and over again. The fact that it worked for you after you changed the CASP instance ID is interesting, though. Did it work more than once?

Sorry, I meant that it didn't show up even after changing the instance ID. However, when it was glitching before (and did show up), the same 2 sims would have the CC every time in their Sleepwear category. Now that I used the other way, however, it doesn't show up on any of the categories for any of the 6 sims I'm using for a "test family." It almost seems like the game determines which of the clothing styles the sims are going to use for maternity before they actually change into those clothes, based on how some sims would always get the CC. The only reason that doesn't make sense is if I take one of the packages out and put the other in, the game chose whichever package was there, even if it was another piece of clothing. I suppose it could have just been luck, but I recreated it at least 3 times in a row, which suggests something else. What doesn't make sense is that it doesn't show up when it's done the correct way. I guess the only way to see for sure would be to check the core files, but I'm not advanced enough to do that . Did it show up for you when you used the method above?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 2:17 PM
Hmm. The shirt I added a pregnant morph to showed up once in maybe a dozen or more tries, the one time I did a preg morph for adult females. This indicates there's a random element, but also that the game picks some clothes over others. In the package you posted the CASP instance ID is 0x0000000000000000, which I assumed is not the number CTU gave it. I fixed the link to the blend and BGEO and tried that package in my game, and the top got picked and the pregnant morph showed. Then I tried making a new package in CTU by changing the categories for that top to enable maternity and random, ran MorphMaker and added your BGEO to the package, AND then opened the package in S3PE and changed the CASP instance so that the first 8 characters are all zero. That package also was picked and the pregnant morph showed.

I think you've found something important - the game seems to pick maternity wear based at least in part on the sort order of the CASP. This could be a big help to anyone making CC maternity wear.

BTW, there's still a big mismatch between your top and the game bottom - you need to match your baby bump to the game standard size and shape using Base's method in the quick tutorial he linked a few posts up. I'll go through that procedure in more detail and with pictures if I ever get my Meshing for Dummies pregnant section done.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Hmm. The shirt I added a pregnant morph to showed up once in maybe a dozen or more tries, the one time I did a preg morph for adult females. This indicates there's a random element, but also that the game picks some clothes over others. In the package you posted the CASP instance ID is 0x0000000000000000, which I assumed is not the number CTU gave it. I fixed the link to the blend and BGEO and tried that package in my game, and the top got picked and the pregnant morph showed. Then I tried making a new package in CTU by changing the categories for that top to enable maternity and random, ran MorphMaker and added your BGEO to the package, AND then opened the package in S3PE and changed the CASP instance so that the first 8 characters are all zero. That package also was picked and the pregnant morph showed.

I think you've found something important - the game seems to pick maternity wear based at least in part on the sort order of the CASP. This could be a big help to anyone making CC maternity wear.

BTW, there's still a big mismatch between your top and the game bottom - you need to match your baby bump to the game standard size and shape using Base's method in the quick tutorial he linked a few posts up. I'll go through that procedure in more detail and with pictures if I ever get my Meshing for Dummies pregnant section done.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm glad that we found out something in all this, as well. Next time, I'll make sure I fix the top to the game's normal size or do a body morph. Thank you again for all your help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#65 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 1:26 AM
You're very welcome! Glad I could help!
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th May 2010 at 3:27 PM
CmarNYC:

I have a question. Does this only work with clothing meshes or will it work for the nude meshes? If so, would the new morphs translate to the clothing the sim wears? I'm asking because I would like to create a more developed bodybuilder morph slider as the delivered muscular slider does not produce the proportions (particularly to the male chest) that I would like to see in the game.

Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th May 2010 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robkjedi
CmarNYC:
I have a question. Does this only work with clothing meshes or will it work for the nude meshes? If so, would the new morphs translate to the clothing the sim wears? I'm asking because I would like to create a more developed bodybuilder morph slider as the delivered muscular slider does not produce the proportions (particularly to the male chest) that I would like to see in the game.
Thanks!

Interesting question. First of all, the nude meshes ARE clothing - while it's tempting to think there's a nude body with clothing meshes over it, that's not the case. There's no difference between the nude meshes and any other except for the shape.

That said, there's two kinds of sliders that could be used for what you're talking about, each with its own problems. A bone-based slider, using manipulation of the skeleton associated with all the body meshes, would affect all the meshes in the same ways. Unfortunately a bodybuilder bone slider is tricky. I've done some work on one myself and ran into the problem of the hands and feet trembling as soon as I made the lower arms and lower legs bigger. This is almost certainly solvable but it'll involve a lot of work. I may get back to it if I can find the time.

The other alternative is to modify the fit morph meshes so that the standard game fit morph is more muscular. Unfortunately this would have to be done separately for each and every mesh that you want to have a bodybuilder version of since each mesh needs its own fit morph.
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th May 2010 at 11:09 PM
Default morrons
Can you make a guide for complete morrons? I don't even know how to extract it, let alone I can't find where to find s3pe!, and i don't know how to import it into blender! I don't know how to do any of this.
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:50 AM
I keep on getting an error saying that there's a missing bone "unable to locate bone file. Default skeleton will be used". For everything I try to do. and when something does show up it's covered in blue spiral lines

how do you fix these problems?
Alchemist
#70 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:44 AM
You can start by going through the forum looking for the basic ideas WS...people have asked a lot of the same questions you're asking before. The issue with the blue lines is listed in here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398869

There's a lot of information in the forum. Look for the threads that have titles related to the problem that you're having and just browse.

And it would be really sweet if someone could sticky the Tips thread or a link to the Wiki (which doesn't have this answer as far as I know) so people don't have to keep flailing around through months of stuff to find a simple answer.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:34 PM
Ignore the error message. The Milkshape importer will use a default skeleton, just as the message says. To get rid of the blue lines go to File\Preferences, click the Misc tab, and change the joint size to something between .01 and .015.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th May 2010 at 3:25 AM
Hate to double post, but I've posted a new and improved maternity clothing tutorial in the "Clothing Meshing for Dummies" thread elsewhere in this forum.
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 4:21 AM
HI! I'm super new to this whole meshing thing and I barely figured out how to do a pregnancy morph, so thank you so much for that tutorial for dummies! If I add a pregnancy morph to a base mesh will custom content(not made by me) with that same mesh have that pregnancy morph or do I have to do each one individually?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misspinkmey
HI! I'm super new to this whole meshing thing and I barely figured out how to do a pregnancy morph, so thank you so much for that tutorial for dummies! If I add a pregnancy morph to a base mesh will custom content(not made by me) with that same mesh have that pregnancy morph or do I have to do each one individually?

Any custom clothing using the same mesh will have the pregnancy morph available - but 'maternity' has to be enabled for the clothing for the morph to actually get used. If you want to enable a clothing you can open the package in CTU, go to the Part Category tab, and check Maternity and Random.
Test Subject
#75 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:10 AM
oh my goodness thank you!!! that opens up sooo much in my sims wardrobe!
Page 3 of 4