Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newspaper Rack - Buy a Newspaper

by cmomoney & MogHughson Posted 16th Dec 2009 at 9:23 PM - Updated 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:39 PM by cmomoney & MogHughson

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:47 PM
That's really awesome. Thx a whole lot for this.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:48 PM
Excellent work!! Thanks so much
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:28 AM
wow, that is so cool! I'm currently building my own town and this will be most welcome in my shops! :-)

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:39 AM
I didn't know that I needed it until now, but clearly I do. Very,very cool--thanks!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:43 AM
Thank you so much - now my Sunday morning simself can nip to the newsagents in pyjamas and buy (or not) a newspaper - without leaving the lot! Yay!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:55 AM
Thank you. :-)
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:07 AM
Very nifty, thank you!
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:21 AM
Nifty indeed. Nice when the paper of one of my sims/families got stolen! Thank you so much, both of you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:21 AM
Does this work fine in a sim-owned business? My dreams of a poor sim with a newspaper stand on a 1x1 lot look close to being realized...
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:17 AM
A wonderful addition to the Game. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:06 AM
WOW ! What a gorgeous rack ! The work you made on this object is absolutely amazing : shapes, colors and animation are fantastic. Thanks a lot for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:27 PM
So are you two in the business of improving Sim businesses?

Seriously.This is really nice.

Much emphasis with the Sims 2 has been on creating better and more functional "residential" things. I tend to typically flock to download the things that add ambience to my lots (especially residentials), but my deepest desire is for things that add "something to do" (especially in community lots). Functional Sim items are my "favorite" things to download. So this is awesome for that reason.

Practical commercial/community things are hard to come by outside of simple recolors. So, I am impressed by this object. It would be neat to see this same idea transfered to the other game themes...medieval, sci-fi, mystical Sims (plant sims, vampires...)etc. Or to see more build more items (hotel doors, apartment doors, etc.) for the in-game themes as well here at MTS. I typically have to search elsewhere to find such things and often when I do, they don't have a "freely share policy with credit given". **sigh** That's another story! Regardless of what project you do next, I'm a bit intrigued!

Anyways...this is awesome and will be a perfect addition to any sim community lot be it a newspaper stand, a general business or a "Daily Sims" newspaper agency. Congrats on a great job!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 5:15 PM
This was perfect timing because I just made a newspaper stand in my neighborhood. The only thing was I didn't have any newspapers just the magazine racks. Now that's been remedied and I want to say thank you so much!

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 5:31 PM
Love the idea- but mostly I love the Daily mail design. You've got it spot on!

There is no spoon
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 5:49 PM
Awesome work you two! Fantastic!!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 6:24 PM
It doesn't work quite right for me: I can read the newspaper and buy it, but after I purchased it and actually paid there's an error and the sim resets without the newspaper in his inventory. I attach the error log, hope that's any help. (had to rar it because maximum size for txt files is 19.5 kb )
I have Uni and NL installed.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t9750.rar (7.7 KB, 21 downloads)

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
#18 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:05 PM
Very nice. Thank you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 1:30 AM
Your newspaper rack is very creative. I love the neat stacks.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
It doesn't work quite right for me: I can read the newspaper and buy it, but after I purchased it and actually paid there's an error and the sim resets without the newspaper in his inventory. I attach the error log, hope that's any help. (had to rar it because maximum size for txt files is 19.5 kb )
I have Uni and NL installed.
Thank you - I will take a look and let you know - perhaps there is something different about using inventories with NL and nothing newer. Watch this space.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:47 PM
Apologies everyone - there was a problem with putting the newspaper in the inventory - the addition to the newpaper which had a group that was not 0xFFFFFFFF, got changed to 0xFFFFFFFF (probably with a Fix Integrity) and so no longer was considered part of the newspaper. Tis fixed now - you will need to download again I'm afraid. Sorry.

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "cmomoney" or "MogHughson".
Forum Resident
#22 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 2:42 PM
great idea!Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:29 PM
After reading the newspapers (using that reading option)will they drop it on the floor or put it back in the rack?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:32 PM
"Once read - the newspaper will be left lying around for the next person to pick up - entirely unaware it hasn't been paid for. Poor shopkeeper."

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theprivateer00
Does this work fine in a sim-owned business? My dreams of a poor sim with a newspaper stand on a 1x1 lot look close to being realized...
Unfortunately this doesn't work on a Sim-owned business, however, I am currently learning the differences between normal community lot purchasing and OFB purchasing so that I can fix it to work on OFB businesses too. I will update the text in the short term to indicate that it cannot be used on OFB lots and will put a new upload up when it is fixed and able to be used on such a lot. Watch this space.

Cheers
Mog

Page 1 of 3