Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: GTCS Posebox (Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizure)

by carenrose Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:03 PM - Updated 14th Jan 2010 at 6:36 AM by carenrose : just few text edits

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
Thank you! This is be very useful for upcoming chapters of my story.
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 4:28 PM
That's pretty unique. Great idea to make this.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Jan 2010 at 2:37 AM.
:lovestruc Like I've said before - I love this!
And I'm using it for my story, as you already know

(One tip - the OMSP's here and here)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:50 PM
Cool I'll need this later, very much thanks to you!
Edit: Hmm... adding to favorites meanwhile, I can't connect to the server when I click on the link to download...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:15 AM
I like! I see you were online a minute ago too! I love it! Downloads*

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
WOO GREEN DAY!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:32 AM
this is ok..i have seizures but i take it a lil personal
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:47 AM
This is wonderful for story purposes. I love it. Thanks for your work!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:08 AM
Hey, this is pretty neat! Perfect for stories! Where did you find the tutorial on how to do poses?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:26 AM
hi i am gonna test this for you, and i'll let you know what happens in my game. this seems pretty cool :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:46 PM
Thanks! I really think this is going to work pretty well. I promise to report as much feedback as possible
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:57 AM
Works fine for me. But I was just able to test it with an adult (so I didn't have test it for children and toddlers).
I also wondered if I would find the item but it's easy to find. Misc, misc.
Have a great day.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:58 AM
Tutorial is found here. It requires you to login to download the PDF, though.

As for all of you who are testing, when you give your results please let me know what Expansion Packs you have.

Thanks for the tip, Raven, I added them to that "related pages" tab now :D
Thanks for the thanks

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Forum Resident
#14 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ilovechris1
Why? It wasn't created to make fun of people who have seizures. That's like getting upset because you're colorblind and someone made a colorful recolor of something.

Very interesting idea for an upload. Not something I'd have ever thought of, but I can see it getting a lot of use!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 4:57 PM
Awesome, I so needed this last year for a contest. I'll test it out in my game as soon as I get it started. Any chance you'd make more boxes of other medical poses?

No...No...No...Hate your hair... No... Let me guess you have a great pesonality!?...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:37 AM
I have some more poses I've started, and I'd like to make more medical-themed boxes. I really want to work out the kinks of this one before I make the actual box of any more ... but that said, I've already got a few more poses finished in Milkshape.

What types of medical poses do you have in mind?

~~~~
Quote:
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:42 PM
I would really like to see some labor & prenatal/postnatal checkups. I've had a few contests that could have uses both mommy,and doctor poses to make the birthing experience more real. Some psychiatric ward poses would be nice as well.

I totally understand the making sure kinks are out, so take your time.

No...No...No...Hate your hair... No... Let me guess you have a great pesonality!?...
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ilovechris1

My daughter has seizures. I think this is in extremely poor taste.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
Why? It wasn't created to make fun of people who have seizures. That's like getting upset because you're colorblind and someone made a colorful recolor of something.

Colorblindness can't kill you.

And hey, I'm not going to tell you not to download the mod, but don't try and tell those of us who live with seizures how to feel about it either.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:06 PM
My brother had epilepsy the last year he lived. That doesn't hinder me from liking this download. In fact, I sort of requested it, and I did help test it.

It has proven very useful for a story I'm writing, since one of the characters frequently has seizures because of her disease. There are very few ingame poses that I 've found useful. Most of them aren't at all perfect, and they're often awkward to use and difficult to find.

Medical-themed poseboxes (especially for all ages) are in very short supply, and I've not yet had the time to sit down and learn how to do it myself, so I'm happy every time I find poseboxes, or even single poses with "medical" use.

No one can tell you what to personally feel about a download. If you don't like it, well - then don't download it. But please don't complain because other people like it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArcanaJ

This is not done in poor taste at all. Poor taste is where you wall in a sim and have them drown in a pool which is unrealistic. Poor taste is when you purposefully set SIMs a blaze. SIMs is supposed to be a realistic simulator.

Having a seizure is not poor taste. It is a fact of life. SIMs is supposed to be a real life simulator. This mod shows seizures do happen. Wish the creator made a 5% chance you can die when having a seizure. It is a fact of life.

Many Mod creators love showing SIMs on a more realistic approach. Something which EA does not do like teen pregnancy and abortion which are major issues in real life. I would never expect someone say this mod would be in poor taste. When there are worse mods out there. Namely you know what mods which everyone bans on sight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 3:22 AM
First of all, ArcanaJ, just a hint, remember to edit your posts instead of double-posting, the mods really don't like double posts.

Second:
Honestly, I don't really care what people think about this. I uploaded it here because it is a *big site* and I'll have a much greater chance of getting many people to test it here, than anywhere else. Right now, all I need is testers, so I can start on the next boxes successfully.

So if you don't like it, don't download it. Really. I don't care.

Honestly, I don't really care if you post a comment saying that you don't like it. I already know that with *anything* created, some people will love it, and some people will hate it. So, if you really don't like it, that's fine, and it's fine if you say you don't.

And if you feel like defending my reasons for making this, that's fine too. Just know this: I created this primarily for three people. Myself, Raven (simmer22), and the other people on her site who were waiting for it. I made it for *storytelling purposes,* which means good taste or bad taste is mostly up to the person telling the story. It's going to be this way with any other posebox ... many contain poses depicting suicide, various sexual acts, violence, and countless other things that people may not like.

As with anything I create, I'll gladly accept more detail *why* you either like or don't like it, too. Thank you.

So, to sum everything up:
Two things: 1) Comments: ok. Big arguments with people getting offended: not ok.
2) IF YOU DOWNLOAD, TELL ME THE RESULTS! Did it work in your game or not? Even if you're not going to ever use it again, please just let me know: **What EP's you have, and if it works!** Thank you

~~~~
Quote:
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArcanaJ

i agree i have seizures since i was 4 month old and think this is the most insulting download i've seen.

strange how the creators name is carenrose,and in a post she clearly stated she doesn't give a rats a$$ lol.

the angel in my av is my new niece. :)
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:29 PM
Carenrose, I did a couple of the poses and so far no problems. I have all EP's. Also another site to go to would be Simoasis, tons of storytellers and contestants to test your box.

And you're right they can love it or hate it and only your opinion matters. I hope to see more boxes from you and I will gladly be a tester for each one.

Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 10:46 PM
I have yet to test this in game! I'm really excited to see how the poses look in my game. Thank you for making this because it will be great for people who have stories.

For people getting "offended" about this download, you must be a little bit too sensitive. It's not making fun of people who have seizures. If you don't like the download, then why did you even take the time to comment it? Pretty pointless, eh?
Page 1 of 3