Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A "set" of classical french consoles

by nanisim Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 8:05 PM - Updated 10th Jan 2010 at 12:33 AM by nanisim : Update

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:02 PM
What a delightful surprise ! Nanisim,you are creating for Sims 3....And your consoles are just magnificent.THANK YOU Thank you for creating and sharing your treasures with us.A BIG hug.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:25 PM
Just what I needed for my Victorian/Classical style homes. Thank you!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:38 PM
PERFECT! I was noticing the need for a large, square table just the other night.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:50 PM
It will not download completely. I get an error message that the archive unexpectedly ended. I can't wait to get that big table
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:31 AM
Was impatient to play with this table,but unfortunately after adding it to my "packages" folder the loading time was awfully long.Then I have (just for now) removed the file and everything turned back to normal.Maybe its only me...I will keep checking your thread,hope that I'll be able to enjoy your gorgeous table/console.
Hugs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:45 AM
@ Mehrlicht: I am so sorry to hear this troubles. In my computer it works fine and its not the bigger file in the packages folder at all, its only 1270 kb. I'll take a look to see what happens.
@ Yourinfopro: I noticed that the site goes extremely slow today. I have also problems try to download sutff from others. Please, try later to redownload.

Thanks in anycase for your kind comments and please report any issue with the table if is needed to fix something...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:21 AM
thank you
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:54 AM
Is this not a sims 3 pack, you say you used workshop. I only use S3.packs now. I'll download it anyway and find out for myself, this is lovely.

EDIT* I downloaded it and it's a .package, sadly I can't use it, thanks anyway. It might have been a good idea to include the s3.pack for people like me who don't use .packages, seeing as you made it in workshop anyway and that's more compatible with s3.packs
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Is this not a sims 3 pack, you say you used workshop. I only use S3.packs now. I'll download it anyway and find out for myself, this is lovely.

EDIT* I downloaded it and it's a .package, sadly I can't use it, thanks anyway. It might have been a good idea to include the s3.pack for people like me who don't use .packages, seeing as you made it in workshop anyway and that's more compatible with s3.packs

Flutter: the upload Policy here in MTS is to not admit the format s3pack, only .package files. See there:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines
Sad that you don't use package files and I can't upload here my sims3pack!
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:16 PM
Hourrah ! Eurêka ! The issue I had is solved.Nanisim,your gorgeous console/table is currently working perfectly in my game....as a sims3pack.

I have to confess that after installing WA + an awful patch + another one which has made everything somewhat worse....its difficult to keep a good working game.

Well :1) I have converted your file to a sims3pack with Delphy's tool:
"PackageToSims3Pack".
2) Installed the new sims3pack with the launcher.
3) Since there are issues with the launcher and some cc not showing up after the last patch I have made a copy/paste of the "DCCache" into my folder "Mods/packages". For people who are interested I followed the instructions on this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382520 (Credit to Canoodle).
Now all cc is showing up and today especially your console/table.

Thanks again,Nanisim,my apologies for disturbing you....Artists like you should never be distracted from creating ...!!

A BIG HUG.
Inventor
#12 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:15 PM
The patterns look lovely! I'd download just for those! You should make a texture pack for all us spoiled people, lol!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:41 PM
I have both the sim3pack and the package (of course) but only packages are allowed here.
Since the disaster of the last patch, why some people can only use packages and why others sims3pack is a mistery for me.
Thanks to the clever utility-makers we can currently convert a file into another format to see what works for our own game.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanisim
I have both the sim3pack and the package (of course) but only packages are allowed here.
Since the disaster of the last patch, why some people can only use packages and why others sims3pack is a mistery for me.
Thanks to the clever utility-makers we can currently convert a file into another format to see what works for our own game.

Well I was going to pm you and ask but i cant. Anyways, would you be willing to pm me a link for another website where you have it as a Sim3pack please :D

(Creator Policy)
Please don't re-upload them to the exchange, paysites or TSR
May use them in Photos, story's & videos you plan to upload
Please credit me &/or link back
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 6:32 PM
I really like your large square table....great idea. Thank you for sharing!
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:09 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 9th Jan 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Actually I know they now have a facility to see inside sims 3 .packs so I would think they are allowed, perhaps not updated, I don't know. I can't remember any issue with packs but I do remember the issue was with .packages, that's why a lot of people don't use them anymore. It would be a shame if sims 3 packs still weren't allowed as they are the official way to put cc in the game.

See here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3009186

It's ok, I'd have liked this but as it isn't my work I don't feel right about converting it
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:20 PM
Sooooo cute!!!!, you need to do more objects in this style :D, greetings from argentina.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:53 PM
I just wanted to say this is an absolutely beautiful console set even if i can't use it. Only because it's not in simpack format, and rar and zips, etc. really make my game act screwy so I try to download them as little as possible. But I can see the obvious time u put into this creation- Looks Great! Beautiful job!
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 4:12 AM
Beautiful design and woods. I wonder if you'd consider making an actual dining table version?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:25 AM
I am currently working on many kind of surfaces. The "just a dining table" of this console could be a must to do. I'll take a note of that.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:39 AM
what is the snap cheat that allows the console to be stuck together to make the table?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Westin
what is the snap cheat that allows the console to be stuck together to make the table?

Open the console cheats with ctrl+shift+C and then type help to look for the available cheats. One of them that begins "disableSnapping..." is the cheat that allows you to move the objects out of the grid when clicking Alt in placement.
Another method (I don't know if only with World Adventures installed) is directly click ctrl-Alt while moving the object, and this is what I use without the previous cheat.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 12:10 PM
Clever and useful! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st May 2012 at 12:18 AM
Thanks so much for this! I really needed an 8-tile table, and yours is lovely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 9:52 PM
Thank you, i was really in need of sideboards to make my new house. Please check it out when it gets done.