Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More sideboards, please

by nanisim Posted 14th Jan 2010 at 6:34 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Banned
#2 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 6:47 PM
Is this a custom mesh? It is beautiful.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 6:50 PM
A perfect interior piece. Thank you!
Inventor
#4 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 6:55 PM
Thank you for sharing this! It looks really good.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 8:59 PM
Just lovely!! Thanks!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 9:06 PM
Thanks all. And yes, this a custom mesh. I don't want to use premade models because what I enjoy the more is just the process to mesh something, to enlarge, to extrude, to swirl, to blend. In this piece I searched to get a simple real appeareance and the effects of light in the carved front more than exotic textures. I like you appreciate it.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 2:37 AM
Very stylish! Relics will look great on these. Thank you so much for sharing!
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 10:30 AM
Wonderful sideboards.They look perfect and I think you have created a new must-have.Thank you so much,Nanisim,for spoiling us with your efforts and your great talent.A big hug.
Theorist
#9 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 2:14 PM
Very nice! thank you
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 3:41 PM
This is really lovely, but when I tested it with Process Monitor, I saw that the game tried to access this package file 266k times in a one minute test. Perhaps the file has gotten corrupted? Just wanted to make you aware in case you wanted to do testing of your own. Really is a beautiful table; hope I can have it in my game one day.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 7:12 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome to the sideboard.
It has been installed in my game via sims3pack and it woarks fine. If anyone has noticed any issue, please report asap.
Catherine, I ask you to redownload it if the current file you have shows a problem in your computer and see again.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 9:19 PM
These are very nice!I have been looking for sideboards Thank you for making them
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:31 AM
Good news. I think (?) I downloaded it again and tested it with process monitor. It showed 51 events during a one minute test. The rest of the furniture I downloaded today was showing 20-30 events during that same test. So, a little high but not like before. Perhaps the corruption was cleaned up somehow? Or is it a totally new file? Anyway, I also ran it through Delphy's new dashboard tool and it passed those tests fine. And it sure does look great in game! Those wood grains are really nice and I love the shape. :-D I think I'll keep it for a while and will let you know if I start having problems with it again. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 2:43 PM
ur sideboard still won't show up in my game, same with ur french consoles and antique sets. I don't know what to do anymore... I downloaded other tables from other creators and they show up in my game, but not yours. I do not have the world expansion, so I also don't have the latest update (the 1.8 I think). Perhaps their is a certain patch / update I need for your items to show? Like for instance, there's 1 item I purchased from the Sims 3 store and they say it will only work if I have the 1.5 update... I've tried uninstalling / installing the game like 3 times already and each time, I get the same results. Oh and I also tried the sims3pack that you have on here, the launcher shows it as installed, but it does not show up in the game as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:56 PM
Puking king: I have sent to you a pm with an alternative link, but if it is a matter of patching I'm afraid I cannot help you. It seems like a problem of configuration. Try not to install the sims3pack in game, but to extract it with the Delphy's Multiinstaller. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:14 AM
wonderful thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:14 PM
I am so sorry to have to open this apparently closed area, but, I just downloaded your balcony for the "Venice" world by NekoCat then ran all files through Delphy's Dashboard as I always do...it found the two files in conflict. Is there anything I can do? I really want to have both the sideboards and the balconies in my Venice world. TIA. gbreez
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gbreez
I am so sorry to have to open this apparently closed area, but, I just downloaded your balcony for the "Venice" world by NekoCat then ran all files through Delphy's Dashboard as I always do...it found the two files in conflict. Is there anything I can do? I really want to have both the sideboards and the balconies in my Venice world. TIA. gbreez

Have you ticked the "fix" in the Dashboard? I have both files in my own game and I know that many others do without problems. When I download an object that shows a conflict in Dashboard I tick the "fix" and it often solves the "unknown issue" by itself. Please, try to do it or tell me...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:43 AM
Just downloaded last night, and for some reason, I can't place any objects on it at all. Game is fully updated, all expansions except SN, so that could be an issue. Really hope that can be fixed, because this is a gorgeous piece!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:05 PM
Very useful item. Thanks