Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 6:41 AM
Just a small update.

candlelight82 Hyrule Castle is going well and a excellent place.
Simmiller's Deku Tree is still going and shaping up.
I started the Temple of Time which I have linked to Simmiller to look at, he is also looking at the world map for textures etc and going to be planning some town structures when he has a chance.

Still needing people for building the areas like Lon Lon Ranch etc

First main mark will be a 'M2' (Milestone 2) and that is this:
(Milestone 1 was getting the base land sculpting done)

Road layouts, (drawn up base lot plans on paper) and land sculpting for all the new towns except Gerudo Vally as that whole west side will be classed as a M3-4 stage as the other areas are more important to get to a stable level.

Most core and easy to do buildings done.

Because of the complexity of Zoras falls that is a M3-5 stage unless someone with skills in game and CAW puts there hand up for it.

Some objects for Hyrule field etc like the walls etc

I'm planning allot of Deku Scrub holes thanks to some ideas I got from kiwi_tea's world

Feel free to suggest additions to the world put your hands up for anything etc.
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#52 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:46 PM
I've been a little off these last few days, but I'm back and I updated the Great Deku Tree. Have a look!

P.S. - I'm a girl :P
Forum Resident
#53 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 7:16 PM
Kudos for starting this project, OoT is the best game. I can try to create the Lon Lon Range, if you like,

Kakariko would be possible too, but that would take very very long for sure, so i don't promiss anything, i will give it a try when i have time. Would be interesting to do a little architecting for a change

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Revenger : 30th Jan 2010 at 7:51 PM.
Will check the thread out Simmiller.

That's cool on you being a girl always good to have female gamers.

Sure on lon lon ranch.

The buildings lots are separate from the ranch so they cant really have anything extra other than the building and mby a small garden.

I have included a screenshot to show what I mean.

The dimensions are

Stable 40x40
House 40x40
Building at back 20x20

Kakariko is going to be a extended town meaning 10x as big as it was.

The base town would be tops with new building spawl around it.
Screenshots
Scholar
#55 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 2:24 AM
@R
Slipslop made a good point about hyrule castle...
the lot has very sharp borders.. is it possible to surround the target lot with matching textures, so it will look good in its place???

@Slipslop
hope you join hyrule project
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:07 AM Last edited by Revenger : 4th Feb 2010 at 5:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by candlelight82
@R
Slipslop made a good point about hyrule castle...
the lot has very sharp borders.. is it possible to surround the target lot with matching textures, so it will look good in its place???

@Slipslop
hope you join hyrule project

Yea you can to some extent using CAW terrain paints and terrain rising etc.

But that's a long way off lets get the main stuff done like the town layouts and better hills and geometry etc.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#57 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 8:50 PM
Since I decided to pop in for a peek at the progress here, I thought I'd mention that I have flattened the top of the surrounding hillside of The Great Deku Tree section on my layer 0 - at least, I hope it's my layer LOL. I don't know how this works with all of your layers, though, because I'm sure you are working on other spots, too. Sorry, brain fried, I'll have to go back into CAW because I've been spending a lot of time in game tweaking the tree and testing.

Anyway, it appears in the game, imo, that the floor rises above the treetop, and then flattens out as in a plateau. That's what I have attempted to mold.

Okay, that's it. Must eat. :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 5:07 AM
Make sure its not perfectly flat as that will look ugly.

I know in the game even though the walls flatters out at the top they genteelly rise as a small hill.

As for other areas haven't worked on any as I've been helping candlelight82 ann playing with RC helis.

I'm pretty sure only 1 person can work on the CAW file at a time and your it atm but please take your time.

Feel free to show up progress shots of what your doing in CAW etc
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 4:58 PM
How about making a ridable carriage pulled by horses for this.

--
Eduardog3000
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:20 AM
love the work going on here. I might not be much of a builder, but i'll help test it if you guys need people.
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:25 AM
I'm with vgbookworm! I am not a creator, but I'll test your stuff in the blink of an eye! I love beat testing!! Well, hope I'm am put to work! Yall are amazing for even trying this! If I can help at all, I'm here!
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:53 AM
omg...I seriously hope this world comes together! I love Zelda! I wish I could help but I don't know how to mod too well...still learning...I saw hyrule castle and omgosh wow....it's beautiful! took me back to trying to sneak in and see the princess...I hated that part...but loved the entire game! <3 Please keep it going you guys!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyuubi_retsu
it's beautiful! took me back to trying to sneak in and see the princess...I hated that part...

Really? didn't mind that part, but it's cool that they added it into the castle
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:06 AM
hey, i know you guys are already doing a lot, and it looks like its going well, but i couldnt help wondering....

if its possible do you guys plan on building the temples? understandably difficult, and i doubt that all the temples will be possible... just thought i'd throw that thought out there!

and even without the temples, it will still be AMAZING!!!!!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:04 AM
OMG! This is a brilliant idea! Ocarina of Time is my absolute favorite game! I would love to play this world when you finish!
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:32 PM
This looks awesome, when you finish are you going to post all the links to lots etc. or just one big neighborhood with all of them in it?

are you going to do any other Zelda games after this, like Majoras mask etc.?
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scartalon
hey, i know you guys are already doing a lot, and it looks like its going well, but i couldnt help wondering....

if its possible do you guys plan on building the temples? understandably difficult, and i doubt that all the temples will be possible... just thought i'd throw that thought out there!

and even without the temples, it will still be AMAZING!!!!!!

I was just thinking the same thing!
Maybe make some WA-friendly versions?

I doubt it... I mean, for starters, you can't really have your sims get to half of the temples (after all, our poor Simmies lack hookshots and Goron/Zora tunics. :<)

For the Forest Temple, I suppose you could have the stairs fixed instead of broken... ooooh, I want temples so bad! :D

And about the original project, I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
Ocarina of Time is one of my FAVOURITE VIDEO GAMES EVER!!! :D
I'm playing it for the fifth time right now! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:54 PM
o_o............. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D! Thank God or whatever deity you worship for Zelda nerds :3 If you guys dont mind, I have some objects to suggest for certain places.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=394709 This is Saikatsu's decorative spiritual stones if any of you want to use it for the Temple of Time.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407648 This is TheJim07's Winged triforce sculpture, if any of you want to use it someway.

Rovias Black is out.

However long the night, the dawn will break.
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:33 AM
Well, i dont think there is lava in the sims world, so the sims wouldnt need a tunic to explore the fire temple. forest temple, stairs could be easily added. the water temple is abit more challenging, though i suppose you could use the pools of water for transportation, you know, the ones found in the pyramids, tombs, and stuff.
the spirit temple wouldnt be that hard, but idk if the outside, the giant goddess, would be possible.
the shadow temple seems the most difficult of all.
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:12 PM
Might someone do Link? Please, I would be grateful for them very much.
PD: Genial this project, I love this game.
Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:25 AM
Is anyone still working on this? I was really hoping it would happen.
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeprechaunInnuhTree
Is anyone still working on this? I was really hoping it would happen.

I'm still anticipating this as well.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:34 AM
I actually made a Temple of Time for your project. When it's finished uploading, I'll put a link here.
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:46 PM
OMG! This looks so great! I am so excited to play it (: Unfortunaltely, i can't help out because i have no idea how to do any of that! But I am so excited (: GREAT WORK!
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 7:23 PM
If this is still happening, I'd love to help with designing some of the towns, or temples if you're doing them.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4