Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Gem Cutting Options (Best, Random, Hidden, Unlocked Cuts) *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 11:58 AM by treeag

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Banned
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM
Do cut tiberiums still give off their glow, noise, and sparkle? That's the best thing about them, It'd be awesome to have a heart one that did that...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:04 AM
Yes, in my game, they do
Banned
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:39 AM
Badass. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:17 PM
when i ues instaler monky it says acsess denied ???
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM
awesome i always wanted to have skull one for my evil sims thanx so much!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:19 PM
Haha, look at all the gnomes in the picture! :D

This mod is not working in my game. I have World Adventures, latest update (2.3 something) and I chose all 3 packages. I will try again now and see if it works.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:34 PM
The interactions don't show up at all?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 6:05 AM
i do not have any updates, will this work with out them?
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
does not work in my game

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:04 PM
If it doesn't work in your game, please state your game version so I can try to find out what's wrong.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:18 PM
I have WA and version 2.0.86
I do not have latest patch... just up to the WA patch. No CAW installed
Thanks

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:38 PM
If you have the framework installed correctly including the dll, then maybe it's not compatible as I'm on 2.2.8. I'll look into it later
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:58 AM
The interactions do not show up. I have version 2.3 something of WA. Very few custom packages installed. I have tried to move the packages to the root of packages dir but to no avail.

But, thank you for making this anyway.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:19 AM
Have you tried this tool by Delphy? It'll check if you have the framework installed correctly. If you get a green tick then maybe it's not compatible. Although some other people with 2.3 had told me it's working fine in their game
Theorist
#16 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 4:28 PM
GemHiddenCuts.package not showing
v.2.3

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Gnasher316 : 26th Jan 2010 at 5:17 PM.
Good mod

However the options for cutting stopped showing up when I returned home from vacation, They have not come back even after a game restart...
(note:- I thought it was because I was low on cash, but that turned out to be not the case)

Gem Mod: All 3
Base: 1.7.9
WA: 2.3

Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:25 PM
So they worked at first? Have you tried with other sims from other households? Strange that some people with 2.3 have these mods working fine yet some don't I'll look into it sometime next week.

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
GemHiddenCuts.package not showing
v.2.3

Do you have the framework installed correctly? Do other mods work (XML tuning mods don't count)?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
So they worked at first? Have you tried with other sims from other households? Strange that some people with 2.3 have these mods working fine yet some don't I'll look into it sometime next week.

Yes they were working fine, I have cut around 20 skulls and stars...
I have just tried it with other households, Still no sign of the options, It's like the mods dont exist, very odd

Hope you find the cause of it
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:47 PM
I'm not sure if this will help shed some light or not, but I tried to install all three mods and none of them worked(I'm patched 1.8/2.3). I then just installed the hidden cut unlocker and found that I could give the new cuts to all uncut gems I found from AFTER I installed the mod; all the gems from before the installation are just given the regular cut options.

Hope this helps a bit, great mod!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Gnasher316 : 30th Jan 2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Updated Information
I'll give that a try, Thanks fuyuyuki

Just tried what fuyuyuki said, It had no effect

I'll stick to using the Chest mod for now (that is still working)
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:05 AM
does it works whit the WA 2.0.8.6 ?
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fuyuyuki
I'm not sure if this will help shed some light or not, but I tried to install all three mods and none of them worked(I'm patched 1.8/2.3). I then just installed the hidden cut unlocker and found that I could give the new cuts to all uncut gems I found from AFTER I installed the mod; all the gems from before the installation are just given the regular cut options.

Hope this helps a bit, great mod!

That's very weird because when I tested the first build of these mods it was the opposite, the new cuts wouldn't show up for all uncut gems I found after the game's loaded. So I added an event listener and now (for me), it worked for both old and new gems (This is the version uploaded here)

But what's even weirder is Gnasher's problem. AFAIK mods don't just randomly stop working, something must be interfering. Can you try removing all mods and leave just these in for testing, Gnasher?

Quote: Originally posted by Pony820
does it works whit the WA 2.0.8.6 ?

No idea, I can't test it. Maybe try and let me know?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:36 AM Last edited by Gnasher316 : 30th Jan 2010 at 1:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
But what's even weirder is Gnasher's problem. AFAIK mods don't just randomly stop working, something must be interfering. Can you try removing all mods and leave just these in for testing, Gnasher?

I'll try it tomorrow morning and let you know the results.

Ok... So I removed all my mods exept the gem cutting packages, Started the game, All gem options were available.

I started putting all my mods back in a few at a time and testing to make sure it was still working,
All my mods are back in and it is still working.

Maybe its just my game messing about?
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Michaelo : 31st Jan 2010 at 10:05 PM.
First: Thanks for the mod, very useful.

I have tested this one for a little while, and figured out exactly what does and doesn't remove the special cutting options.

First, as you may have noticed, there is a inventory bug in the game that places gems collected before and after the last travel (to another country or back to home) in different piles in the inventory. So, if you collect a type of gem in egypt that you have already collected at home, it will still have its own pile. When you come home, these two piles are merged, but if you collect the same type again at home, it will have it's own pile.

At first when i installed it, i didn't have any special options at all, but when i collected a new gem, all the gems collected since i came home from my last travel had the special options, while the "old" ones didn't.

Then, i traveled to egypt to test if it would still work, it didn't. Then, i collected some gems in egypt, and they had the options. But when i got home, the options was gone.

But, i also found a way around this: I put some gems (with the options) in a chest at home, traveled to egypt, and traveled back home. When i came back, the gems still had the options. I haven't tested to travel with the gems in a chest, so i don't know if that works. If it does, i think it would be the only way to use the specials i another place than where they were collected.

I don't think it's the mod's fault, it's probably the bug that messes up everything.

So, in short: DON'T TRAVEL WITH YOUR GEMS!

Edit: I have tested traveling with gems in a chest in the family inventory, but the specials still disappeared. So i guess there is no way to travel with the gems
Page 1 of 6