Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 2:40 AM
Here's what I have so far...the dark spot may need to be lightened up. On darker patterns it's barely visible.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 7:47 PM
That's a really complex shape you have chosen there. I would suggest for a first object you might go for something a bit - well, squarer and simpler. I posted a pic of a nice chair that would be fairly easy to mesh and recolour.
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#28 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 9:02 PM
Tigger379, if you're working with an obj, make sure you set up the UV map in a way the game can digest. Yours looks quite broken on the screenshots (I think I can tell from the weird shadows and edges on the chair – can't see it on the table), and I don't know what you're working with, but the brokenness is most likely not going to be obvious until you *import* an s3asc or test it in game (it helps to use a solid white pattern, in order to see issues with edges/normals). I just made a thread about it in the Meshing forum, it's about blender but the same principle applies to everything that works with objs for all I can tell.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
#29 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:00 PM
In the chair, I'd make the sticky-uppy bit more rounded if you intend to keep it, so it's like a head/back rest. It looks around shoulder/head height to me.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Useful information for a new creator, concerning polycount and UVMapping.
Page 2 of 2