Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 4116 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 4:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default My Sim's inventory is frozen. Help?
For whatever reason, whenever I try to click on things in my Sim's inventory, nothing happens. I tried to drag a book from her inventory to a bookcase, but the book wouldn't move. I also just tried clicking on things in her inventory, but when I click, nothing happens. I'm not sure why it's not working. a few minutes before this started, I moved some things that she got from France out of her inventory and they moved just fine, so I don't know why it's not working now. If anyone has any help or advice, it would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:22 AM
Known issue from 1.8/2.3 onwards.
What games do you have and at what patch versions are you playing on?

Do you play with any mods or CC?
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:03 PM
I have the same problem. My game's family inventory has also been acting all kinds of strange since I got the latest patch (but also installed World Adventures at the same time) and now her inventory is frozen too. I think it may be an issue with either the newest patches or maybe even World Adventures. :-/

Oh, and if this helps anyone, I've tried to RestSim cheat and it doesn't work either. It also appears that all inventories are frozen, not just my individual sim. This means when I open the bookcase (which is in the same format) I can't interact with the books (they can only be selected in the "Read..." way.

If anyone has an answer, please let us know!

~Oasis
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 11:16 PM
I don't know how to fix this problem, but a work-around I've been using is to simply exit to Main Menu and then back to the household (save or don't save - it doesn't affect the work-around).
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 1:54 AM
This happens when you have too much stuff in your inventory. I couldn't drag items out of my inventory, but I could open a chest and then transfer everything into it that way. Once I got rid of a lot of stuff my inventory started working again.

I find this has started happening each time my sims return from a vacation because they've usually collected a LOT of things.