Locked thread | Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 2560 times. | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Solved
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Two EAGAMES folders
It is me again after spending about $260.00 on a new 1000 watt power supply, and windows 7 (not sure if I like it). My game still crashes but I am sure it is Custom Content this time. Anyway my issue: I installed Sims 2 on this new OS and placed my CC in there neat little folders, started the game got busy building my neighbourhood and half way through the game crashed. So I went into MyDocuments to delete the Cache files and low and behold there were two eagames folders with exactly the same names (didn't think that was possible) but there they were. The newly created one only goes as deep as the sims 2 folder and after that it is empty. So I deleted it and the cache files from the main one and fired up the game again. Sure enough the game crashed half way through building a neighbourhood and low and behold that second eagames folder came back? Any thoughts or Ideas would greatly be appreciated...

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:25 PM
That is because you are accessing your documents through the Library. And default settings in W7 is to have Documents and Public Documents included in that Library. This is perfectly normal.

If you look in the windows portion on the left of an explorer windows you will see an arrow next to Documents, click that, and you can see those folders separate.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 1:14 AM
Thank you very much HugeLunatic and you are right I was accrssing MyDocuments through the Library. Thank you again

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Solved