Replies: 23 (Who?), Viewed: 4524 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 1:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What the heck are these files??
Okay here is the deal. This is Game crashing problem - before anyone think to say that "read the Game crash help" I have to say that I have done those things over 20 times already in these 2 weeks. I'm loosing my nerves...

But the problem itself is that for some reason even if I instal the game or just create new the sims 3 folder, the game keeps making almost everyday this stupid odd problem. It crashes - I look the the sims folder and I have these odd files with name and so on. I put picture with this and marked those files with red.

If I delete them and start playing again, it crashes somewhile and again there is those same files. I deleted also just like the files that the crashing help said to check if that would help, but no. those keep coming back.

My save games should't be corrupted for I just got playing with them and I just cant believe they are corrupted. If so, then my god, cant I ever play the sims without my save files getting corrupted after one day...

My CC should be fine for I have Deplhys dashboard and I always check so there is no bad files or so on.
But then again among all 500 files which are thesims3 packs, I cant know if there are any corrupted files because I have no idea how to do that.

oh also I thought maybe cheat "editsim" has something do with this problem cause sometimes when I edit the sim it gets suddenly all freaky like black skin or black clothes, and then the game starts to make the crashing. But since I tested a new game without trying editsim and it still made the crash, I am again not aware if that's the reason.

-Thank you-
Screenshots
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:23 AM
The .mdmp file is a code dump of the error you just experienced, in a file format that EA could use to troubleshoot the problem if you reported it to them. Although once you tell them that you use cc, it's more likely they will attribute the problem to a cc conflict and not ask for the dmp at all.

Remove your Mods\Packages file from Program Files AND rename The Sims 3 folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts. After doing both those things, launch your game and it will generate a completely clean, cc-free game. If the crash doesn't repeat, then you most likely do have conflicting cc. If it does repeat, save those mdmp files and report the problem to EA.

Meanwhile, please post your computer's specs, following the instructions here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:17 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 16th Mar 2010 at 1:38 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
The .mdmp file is a code dump of the error you just experienced, in a file format that EA could use to troubleshoot the problem if you reported it to them. Although once you tell them that you use cc, it's more likely they will attribute the problem to a cc conflict and not ask for the dmp at all.

Remove your Mods\Packages file from Program Files AND rename The Sims 3 folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts. After doing both those things, launch your game and it will generate a completely clean, cc-free game. If the crash doesn't repeat, then you most likely do have conflicting cc. If it does repeat, save those mdmp files and report the problem to EA.

Meanwhile, please post your computer's specs, following the instructions here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

Alright here are the system specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 ultimate 64bit (6.1 Build 7600)
SYSTEM MANUFACTURER: system manufacturer
SYSTEM MODEL: System product name
MEMORY: 4090mb RAM
PAGE FILE: 1680mt used 6507 available
DIRECTX VERSION: Directx 11

DISPLAY: NVIDIA geforce 8600GT
MANUFACTURER: NVIDIA
CHIP TYPE: geforce 86GT
APROX TOTAL MEMORY: 2287 MB
MAIN DRIVER: nvd3dumx.dll, nvwgf2 umx.dll. nvwgf2
VERSION: 8.16.11.9107
SOUND: speakers (high defination audio device)
SOUND 2: Digital audio (s/PDIF) high defination audio

Anyway I will try out the game as you said. So I delete the mod folder (just place it in other place for a while) and then I run the game so it creates new the sims 3 folder without any CC, so after that can I just put the CC back and play to test if it runs well without making the crashing files? or should I be without the CC when I try the game?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:52 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 6th Mar 2010 at 8:11 AM. Reason: driver removed by Nvidia
Is this a self-build computer? If so, did you upgrade Win7 from Vista or did a clean new OS install?
The 191.07 version is known to cause issues on XP, so I'm not sure what, if anything, in your Win7 setup could react badly to it.
Anyway, Nividia has just released a new version, dated 2010.03.02 win7_winvista_64bit_196.75 196.21. If Windows react badly to this driver (test a movie or another game), try the 196.21 version. You can do a search yourself by following the breadcrumbs back on the link I provided.

Also, what Firewall and/or Antivirus applications do you have installed?
If you have disc versions of the game(s), have you tested without EADM?
If you have digital download versions, past EADMs are buggy - EA has updated it yet again.
  • Manual Uninstall - here
  • Redownload - here (v6.0.4.4)

When conducting tests, always load a NEW game without any CC as much as possible.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:06 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 4th Mar 2010 at 4:07 PM. Reason: removing all the stuff Ella got
There are reports that the 8600 is prone to overheating. Have you tested temperatures before and during gameplay? (Hardware Monitor is a handy utility for that.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:38 PM
yea I've got a self-build computer. Hmm so the card might be not so good then. Well I'll test out these things to see if the heating is the problem why the game crashes and so on.

And my Antivirus applications is this finnish system called F-secure and it also provides the fire wall. I'm not sure if it is the reason for my problems since I was told it slows down computer or something like that... well I guess I have to start fixing some stuff in my computer then.
In the Arena
retired moderator DELETED POST
6th Mar 2010 at 4:46 AM
This message has been deleted by ellacharm3d. Reason: duplicate
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:09 AM
You could uninstall or disable and run the game without it.

If the game works and F-Secure slows down your computer, perhaps you should switch to others.

eta:
Nvidia has issued an alert re:196.75 driver version here and has advised a rollback to the previous version.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:42 PM
I am about to test that all, but could it really be about the Nvidia card after all, since I have noticed now that I can play the game just fine for hours IF I dont go to CAS at all , like right away after I change some clothing or something, then the game starts to crash for 100% sure.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:56 AM
Sounds like you've found the cause then - bad CC?
I went back over and reread the posts twice (might be so shortsighted to have missed it, or been reading to many posts ) - have you test without any CC at all, yet? What's the results - with a New game, and caches refreshed?
For both
- Sims3packs: move DCCache contents out to Desktop temporarily? and
- .package: disable framework in MonkeyBars?

Is that a custom clothing or EA's? Store or base game's?
You've checked in Installed Content in Launcher for items with .nkd or for anything that has the word naked or nude in it somewhere?
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 9:58 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 14th Mar 2010 at 3:17 AM.
I have now gotten the hardware monitor to check the heat and updated my Nvidia card. But the game keeps of course doing the same. (and I have nude patch, removing the mosaic in the WA mods also some other nude mods in the mod packages but not in the launcher. And the game was already crashing before I had those mods)

I was making test, I reinstalled the sims 3 and WA, played it without CC and went to CAS a lot of time, it didnt crash. Then I tried Awesomemod with it and used cheat editsim many times. It was still all fine.

I deleted the sims folder for second test:
I played with no save but with CC that goes into Mod, package files. which I got about over 1000(so no sims3packs at all) and the game worked still fine.

Again I deleted the sims folder for it to create compeletely new game. This time I played with only saves no CC at all. it worked fine.

The last test was to play with no save games but have all CC packages and the sims3packs CC. So now I had CC about 2000. (including also the sims store stuff)
And it started to crash. (right after going in to the CAS) Also I got error of Nvidia that said that it stopped working but it also started working in second again. And I also started getting error 12 while saving.

Could it be that when I have all CC the card cant take it anymore and starts to crash my game, or if there is bad file in the sims3packs, is there a way to see which there would be bad file? is there anything like the dashboard of Delphy, but instead it would tell if there's bad files in the content of the launcher. That would be really help.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 3:05 PM
I didn't mean the nomosaic mod, I meant the items with names like .nkd in Launcher's Installed Content - these items are corrupted.

That is indeed conclusive proof you have .packages CC that are fine but there's some corrupted CC in your .Sims3Packs files.
This thread's post#4 has more information, and the EA forum thread link has pictures to show what I meant.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 5:55 PM
It sounds like something in that last batch of cc is causing the problem. The only 100% guaranteed way I know to find it is to add cc ONE package at a time, test and when you get the crash, remove the last thing you added and delete it entirely. Don't stop when you find one, it may be more than one item, especially since you seem to have tons of cc.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:57 PM
Yea I will give a try for that. And the best solution I see so far is to change all the sims3packs I need into packages by Delphy's program. So at least I got dashboard to see what's not good file or dublicated. I hope this will work out.
But thanks for help!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:30 AM
In case you missed it - the thread I linked to in post#11 has a link to CUSTARD - the Dashboard equivalent for Sims3Packs. But it is still in testing, so post your experiences in using the tool in that thread.
Scholar
DELETED POST
Original Poster
15th Mar 2010 at 2:23 PM
This message has been deleted by PuffyAmi. Reason: useless post
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 7:21 PM
I don't have anymore sims3packs and there is no bad files in Mods CC but the problem with these fricking odd files keep appearing and crashing the game. I guess this problem is just something that can't be solved then, sigh
In the Arena
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:21 AM
Just discard all the .dbc and .ebc files you have in DCCache now and clear DCBackup of all content. Refresh caches + thumbnails Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Fileswiki.
You can move the Mods folder out temporarily or disable framework with MonkeyBars to be certain you're testing Sims3Packs only.
Load the game to test.

If that works, reinstall Sims3Packs from Store and any confirmed, working fansites' CC only.

Lesson learnt? Stay clear of the Exchange.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellacharm3d
Just discard all the .dbc and .ebc files you have in DCCache now and clear DCBackup of all content. Refresh caches + thumbnails Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Fileswiki.
You can move the Mods folder out temporarily or disable framework with MonkeyBars to be certain you're testing Sims3Packs only.
Load the game to test.

If that works, reinstall Sims3Packs from Store and any confirmed, working fansites' CC only.

Lesson learnt? Stay clear of the Exchange.

yes I did all that. I always try to clear all to be sure there's nothing that could be left to make error or so on. I even Uninstalled the sims games, all programs like monkeybars, framework, monkey helper, everything that is for the sims 3. Even the folders that are left after uninstalling. Then I reinstalled the game and everything to have fresh game. But my game keeps crashing.
I can at least play it for hours until it crashes making those error files. So better than nothing. Maybe the new graphic card will help me fix this if not then well I keep having my sims game curses.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:05 AM
Which Nvidia driver version are you using now?
So, it still keep crashing with all your newly reinstalled Sims3Pack but vanilla-game is OK?

Haven't found the offending Sims3Pack yet, huh? CUSTARD is of no help?
Do you install one at a time with cleared DCCache & DCBackup every time?

Sheesh, a lot of time to separate one Sims3Pack from the rest of the herd - again reason why I prefer .packages CC.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 6:27 PM
Yea it keeps crashing with all my new reinstalled Sims3Pack and I only tested with sims3packs that are bought from the sims 3 store. and Custard said they are all okay files.

Now I don't use sims3packs at all and it still crashes so I'm not even sure anymore what causes these files, I'm not sure if it's fault of CC or something else because the game crashes even if I wont go to CAS, but if I wont go to CAS the game crashes only after several hours unlike when I go to CAS it crashes in half an hour after I continue the gameplay.

(I only have Mods/packages CC, dashboard sais all is good there)

File picture: Usually this kind of thing happens in CAS when the game starts to crash with the files: (skin goes black or the clothes all freaky)

My Nvidia version is now: 8.17.11.9621
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 8:36 PM
Just because a file is no corrupt and Dashboard says it is ok, does not mean it is compatible with the ep/sp and patches you have. You really need to test cc files one by one to be 100% sure that is not the problem.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 9:39 AM
Testing one by one is slow and tedious. You can test half at a time to narrow down issues.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:49 PM
You removed CC, and with no CC at all, you're still getting crashes? Did you try renaming your My Docs/The Sims 3 folder (to something like The Sims 3 backup), and then testing again?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 7:55 PM
Yes I have removed the sims folder many times so it would create new one, I have also reinstalled the game about 12 times to test all kind of ways, and cleared everything to make sure I have perfect fresh game (nothing in my computer that is for the sims) - nothing helps.

The thing with testing CC one by one (or with few) is really painful thought since the game will only crash after some hours in game play, (sometimes it crashes at once after CAS but not everytime) So if I should try one/or maybe 20 at time, it means I have to play the game for hmm 5 hours x 2000 files. But I guess eather I do that or then just stop playing the whole game.
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:47 PM Last edited by suzetter : 20th Mar 2010 at 1:11 PM.
Are you saving the game while you're playing or are you just playing for five hours without saving? Not periodically saving your game while playing could cause it to crash after an extended period of time.

I had that black skin file happen to me on a sim that was created with a skintone file I had temporarily removed from the game. The sim was normally purple but while testing a new community lot I had taken my cc folder out (and with it Fawkes skin color sliders) and the sim turned up in the bookstore like yours with flat black skin and normal eyes and lips. once i put the cc back in she was fine though. I mention this because the only thing discolored on the sim is the skintone--the facial features aren't blacked out.
Do you have any CC skintones? You might want to try individually testing those first.