Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Curl Up and Dye Salon

by Simaboder Posted 8th Mar 2010 at 8:37 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:35 PM
I love this! The outside is really attractive, and the inside is wonderfully laid out. I especially like that you didn't use any CC. Great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 3:07 PM
Thanks! I am really glad that you like it.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:24 AM
Very lovely lot!

Curl up and dye is actually the name of a salon in Chicago. kinda funny!
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ascadia

Curl up and dye is actually the name of a salon in Chicago. kinda funny!

Hmmm.. I wonder if it existed prior to The Blues Brothers? That is the name of the salon Carrie Fisher works at in the movie.

Nice lot by the way. Love the windows.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:21 PM
Thanks everybody. I remember a friend of mine, years ago telling me about a salon that was in upper Michigan called Curl Up and Dye. I thought it was hilarious and the name always stuck with me.

Clashfan, the windows are really nice and I use them a lot for wall-windows.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 12:02 AM
This is from a book series too! The series called diary of Rachel Riley, really funny books!
As soon as I saw this I thought of it hehe. Very nice work!
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 9:32 PM
There is a salon in my town, also called Curl Up And Dye! :D

We're sorta like 7-11; we're not always doing business, but we're always open.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 6:24 PM
This is in a book called "framed" it seems that "curl up and dye" is a popular name for a salon.
xD
Great job!

Synchrogirl
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th May 2010 at 3:27 PM
this reminds me of the Julia Roberts movie "Runaway Bride"!!!!! The Curl Up and Dye salon is in that movie! bahaaa. the description is like a line in the movie too....
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:11 AM
hey i really want the salon, so if you could, could you create a version with just the base game? If you cant its ok.......thanks!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:33 AM
Curl Up and Dye seems to be it's own Trope now.

No one thus far has mentioned the Blues Brothers.

Very nice, by the way.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 7:54 AM
There is a salon here in my town in Australia called Curl Up & Dye as well. Catchy name and very popular it seems.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 7:24 PM
Thank you