Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Tiny House - Experiments in Micro Living

by KittyRobbie Posted 17th Mar 2010 at 10:26 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2010 at 11:40 AM by KittyRobbie

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 11:14 PM
This is adorable Waiting to see more of these :P
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 11:14 PM
Very cute!
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 12:15 AM
3x3 would be the smallest, can't really figure out a way to go less than that. And, that would be for a single Sim. I think you've reached a nice compromise between size and functionality. Granted, you could still remove 8 squares of space, I think; but you'd loose a certain level of aesthetic value too, which a lot still needs.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 12:13 AM
Too cute! I hope you make more
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:21 AM
Very nice. I will be using this one a lot and looking forward to more.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:35 AM
its new and unique. I like it. Only reason to stop me from using it is that i dont have world adventures
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:50 AM
Love this lot!

Thank you so much, and like the others have commented, would love to see you do more of these.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 9:23 AM
You've translated mirco living well to the sims. And it looks very cute, too Thank you!

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 4:33 PM
Thank you very much. I love the house. I have been trying to build something like this for ages but lack the patience and artist eye .

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Alteysha : 5th Apr 2010 at 11:53 AM.
I love the house and think you did a great job. The link for the website were you found the house plan was very helpful as well thank you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 4:39 AM
I love Tumbleweed houses! It's fun to see how small a living space can be.

You did a great job bringing the idea to the Sims world! It can't truly be like the Tumbleweed houses, as you noted, because of the game's movement limitations, but you've truly made possibly the minimum workable house.

Yes, the Sims "building square" corresponds to about 3 feet (U.S. standard window and door widths are about 3 feet, and Sims windows and doors fit in one Sims "square").
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:10 AM
It's great if you like the idea, but the idea isn't for me. Bigger is better(housewise of course) But great house if it's for you!

LUXURY
by Mickey4741

From elegant family homes to stately mansions.

ELEGANCE. LUXURY.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:42 PM Last edited by KittyRobbie : 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:43 PM. Reason: can't spell smilies
Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone, it's very much appreciated (I'm like Lisa Simpson when the teachers go on strike: "Tell me I'm good! Grade me!").

Also, thanks sailorjune for confirmation that I really did read the "3 feet = 1 wall section" info somewhere and didn't just make it up and start multiplying to get random arbitrary numbers. :P
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 9:14 AM
I love tiny house. I actually did one myself recently on a 10x10 but I love much more yours...

I don't know if I would love to live in those kind of house but they have their charms... and for one or two sims, it's quite a good things...

Anyway thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:26 PM
I agree with all the comments above, really nothing more to add but still felt the need to say thanks for these tiny houses in hopes you will build more! I'm not a builder, all my attempts turn out to look like a boring matchbox with a roof, so I'm always on the lookout for nice small starter homes. Great job! Thanks again
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th May 2011 at 12:47 AM
Finally! Someone made these houses.