Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shelly Beach Starter Shack - a sunny beach starter shack for under 18,500

by ninotchka Posted 18th Mar 2010 at 9:27 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2010 at 9:01 AM by ninotchka

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 9:39 PM
it's great! thank you!

I do not suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:05 PM
This is adorable!!! Thank you!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:48 PM
Oh that is just too cute! I've been wanting a house to fill that spot and this is just perfect!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:07 PM
hey guys, thanks
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:47 PM
This one's a true cutie. I'd live there if I could :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:18 AM
Oh, super cute. Your lots are lovely.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 7:37 AM
How do i download the item into the lot. I changed the lot type to Residential but when i click on the home that Residential icon goes away and i cant place any lots there
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 8:56 AM
Thanks Smmi and Squeam

Hi Grey - I am not sure what you mean by "download the item into the lot". When you're in neighbourhood view, you should see the "Empty Houses" tab at the bottom right corner of your screen. Click on that tab, look through that catalogue for this lot, select it. It should then offer you to "Place Copy" of the lot, where you want to (in this case, in Recurve Strand) - hope this helps.

If my explanation doesn't help, you can go here for some more detailed instructions:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...alling_TS3_Lots
The other one
#10 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:16 AM Last edited by missroxor : 19th Mar 2010 at 4:57 PM.
I love this lot, the decor is spot on. Thanks for directing our attention to Einfach Simlisch too, what a cool little site. Now on my favs

Edit: Actually, now I understand what Grey is on about. I'm not new to downloading lots or to converting commercial lots into residential lots but for some reason I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Once i've converted it to a res lot I can build on it or move a family in but I try to place a copy of your house and the option to put it there dissapears (doesn't even grey out, the house symbol just vanishes). I also tried placing lots I know are a lot smaller and the same thing happens. Your lot will place on other lots, but not any of the ones I want it to go on.

So basically I don't think there's a problem with your lot, seems to be a game issue but any ideas on how to fix it so I can place your lot in the correct place?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 11:17 PM Last edited by ninotchka : 19th Mar 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Hi MissRoxor - I haven't encountered this problem yet but I suspect it might be happening because of the unique topopgraphy of this beach lot - the land sunk when I first put the foundation there. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Oddly enough, I've placed it in Riverview successfully in suitable sized lots but haven't tried placing it anywhere else in Sunset Valley. Lemme do some Googling of the problem....

Edit: sorry if these points are stating the obvious but this is what I have found so far:

- patching has to be the same to avoid conflicts (but I think you've got the right patch 2.3.33 or above)

- perhaps you're trying to put a 40x30 lot on a smaller, therefore incompatible sized lot. It has to go on on a 40x30, 40x40 or even larger sized lot.

- could be a conflict with a mod

I'll keep searching, but I am stumped as to how to solve it
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:01 PM
I can't place the house either. I change the lot to residential, but the house won't place. I have High End stuff and the latest patches.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:58 AM
Hi Mberry, Are you trying to place it on a 4x3 lot or higher? If you are trying to place it on a smaller sized lot, it won't work.

After lots of googling about the problem I have not found any solution. The lot works normally in my game.

My only advice would be to try placing it on the stretch of beach called Recurve Strand in Sunset Valley, as that is where it was originally built - placing it elsewhere may make it buggy or impossible.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 4:21 PM
I did try to place it at Recurve Strand. It just won't fit.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 9:29 AM
Mberry, MissRoxor and Grey8788,

I was obviously looking up the wrong key words in Google, because I found the solution here in Nallis' post relating to a lot built in the same area. She advises to:

1. Bulldoze the lot (even if there's nothing on it)
2. Change the lot type to residential, then back again to community
3. Build a wall or something on it, bulldoze it, and try again.

I hope this helps - thanks Nallis!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:02 PM
Aww this is so adorable.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:17 AM
Great lot! The custom content site doesn't display correctly, though. There are a bunch of ads in place of the windows where the content should be. Is anyone else having this problem, too? Would the other stuff happen to be hosted at another site as well?

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:44 AM
Hi riotmanfiesta,

Try this link: http://einfachsimlisch.ei.funpic.de/Sims3/object.html - if an advert appears, there should be little cross you can click, to close that ad window, on the top right hand corner. Then you should see the list of sections - click on Build Mode, then you should scroll down to the town and city window section.