Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:15 AM
Default Why can't I feed my Omni plants?
My little farmer worked so hard to get his Omni Plants, and now that they are mature, he can't feed them. Whenever I click on the plant, and the menu pops up, nothing happens when I click on "Feed". He's the only one who has tended to them, and he's maxed out at 10 in gardening. He has lots of stuff in his backpack to feed them. Are they not hungry, or are they borked? Or am I missing something? I've never played with the Omni Plant before.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:20 AM
The game needs to generate a complete list of everything "feedable" in your farmer's inventory. If you have multiples of dozens of items, this can take quite some time (particularly on lower-specced systems). Try pausing the game to give the list time to generate.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:43 AM
Ahhh okay. SO that would explain why my game has suddenly begun to almost seize up every time I click on the "Feed" button... it's trying to generate the feedable list. Hmm. Maybe I do not want this Omni Plant.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
The game needs to generate a complete list of everything "feedable" in your farmer's inventory. If you have multiples of dozens of items, this can take quite some time (particularly on lower-specced systems). Try pausing the game to give the list time to generate.

This is not the case. Some mod is causing this. I have a mega fast quad-core system and I have identical problem, when you click the "feed" option game frame rate slows down to 1 frame per 3 seconds or so. I tried it with a sim that just caught few fish and harvested few fruits, so less than 10 items in the inventory with same result. If anyone finds the mod that causes this, would be greatly appreciated.

Intru informatique...
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
If anyone finds the mod that causes this, would be greatly appreciated.

And you won't test your own mods because...?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:14 AM
I don't have any mods/hacks and my game slows down if I have a ton of "feedable" stuff for the Omni plant in my inventory (also happens when trying to donate a museum item). Haven't tried pausing, just patience ... eventually everything will load.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxbaker
This is not the case. Some mod is causing this.

mangaroo's explanation is correct (I have no mods and have to remove most things from my sims inventory before I can feed omni plants).

You may also have a mod that is causing a similar problem.

Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
also happens when trying to donate a museum item

And also happens when trying to add gems to a display case.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 4:07 AM Last edited by maxbaker : 21st Apr 2010 at 5:20 AM.
Awesome, thanks for the responses. Like I said before, on a computer that I am using, nothing slows it down, it is a beast. So as Mangaroo ever so politely adviced me to do it myself (tough for a guy with "Couch Potato" trait in RL) I did and found the mod that was preventing me from feeding the omniplant. It was Chaavik's mods. I had to remove them all as with the High End Loft, I couldn't even write a novel after installing his "Chaavik-FasterNovelWritingUnlockedGenres-WA-Sims3" mod. So unfortunatelly for my HELS expansion I had to remove all his mods and writing novel works now, I can feed omni plants, I can feed my child now after removing his "Chaavik-ChildrenCanPrepareMeals-WA" mod. So hopefully this helps others.

Thanks for the motivation Mangaroo

Intru informatique...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 7:21 AM
just curious, does pausing the game during an action like that not pause said action as well? and how do you know its done and ready?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 8:15 AM
The pause thing has never worked for me, but my computer is struggling.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 1:44 PM
@jazzem - the pause works for me when they're changing clothes, it doesn't seem to pause the action, just the time while the outfit is loading. I just count to like 15 - 20 seconds and start it up and they always finish the change right away.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 10:44 AM
Ah, the beauty of owning a quad core and 300$ graphics card, no problems here.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 5:46 PM
Ah, the stupidity of overpaying.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 12:34 AM
800$ machine built it myself
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd May 2011 at 9:15 PM
So umm.. what's the fix for this issue now?
I've got a Quad-Core and pretty good graphics card but actions like feeding the omni plant or putting something onto the display case take nearly a minute to load the inventory (yes there are plenty items >1000)
I can't believe that the "fix" should be to just clear the inventory. Where should I put all these items?
What's with the "fertilize" action? It lists every fertilizer in each quality and pops up in no time. Why cant feeding work the same way?
Any modder capable of doing this?

sorry for necromancing
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd May 2011 at 1:18 AM
I have a great gaming computer and no mods or CC and I have this problem as well. I think it must be a glitch. It only has happened with one of the five omni plants I have.
Eminence Grise
#17 Old 3rd May 2011 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spammer70
Where should I put all these items?

Fridge, NL bar. For non-food items, WA chests are a good choice. There are some handy mods that will semi-automate inventory management as well, for instance Buzzler's Box of Seeds http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=415450 and Treeag's Store All Fish and Harvestables http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=385765 .

Quote: Originally posted by spammer70
Any modder capable of doing this?

No requests The create section is full of useful resources if you want to take it on.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:44 PM
Oh god that Treeag storing mod is a life saver. CAN NOT BE ARSED WITH THE DRAGGING AND THE DROPPING. UGH.