Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

How important is family?

by Slipslop Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 8:15 AM - Updated 17th Jan 2011 at 8:31 PM by Slipslop : Changed link to the escand's eyes, Added missing lipsticklink for Maria, fixed some errors in the text, fixed maria's northern lights music link (full song)

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 9:26 AM
This family is awesome! I can't wait to play with this family in my game. And i love the story what you have typed about them at your blog. Maria and Daniel are my favorite family members. A BIG THANKS for sharing this with us!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 9:29 AM
Default Holy Crap!!!
Ok...Thats not fair...I was just getting into your story and I want more. It's like reading a good book with an excellent story and only to get to the end find out there is more that will be written @ a later date. I read the entire page and everything on it. The background stories were superb. But you only did one thing for me and that was leave me hanging. I'm a story writer myself and you have something here. You need to keep it going. Find a Word Processing program and finish this story. You got me hooked!!!

I can see this took a lot of time and effort to put all this together and I understand what kind of time it takes to write stuff like this. I absolutely enjoy reading stories that people write and give credit where credit is due. And for this project I give 5 !!!!

Excellent Job on the creations and storyline.

But please finish the story I want to know what happens.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 9:48 AM
OMG This is FANTASTIC, Slipslop!
AMAZING!
A++

You're Awesome!!!
I LOVE what you did with these 6 sims.
They seem really like human. I mean their background story.
I promise I'm gonna read the whole story.
I'm gonna really enjoy it.
Take really good time to know all the characters.

Oh btw the hair looks good on Daniel.
He's Hot! xD

Well, you did great job with all of them!

I'm very proud of you!
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:28 AM
This is just...WOW. I am completely blown away by this upload! You have went WAY above and beyond, and that is so cool. (Do people even say "cool" anymore, or am I showing my age? Ha.)

Daniel and Haruka...their storylines are amazing, and I definately look forward to using this family when my new neighborhood is built. THANKS!!!

P.S. Stanley Gibs has the traits Good Sense of Humor, and No Sense of Humor...I'm guessing that was a mistake. Just letting you know...but otherwise everything else is flawless.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 1:14 PM Last edited by Slipslop : 8th Apr 2010 at 1:29 PM.
Thanks for comments everyone i'm glad you like this upload. I took a bit more time to finish this one, but i wanted to create something special this time and to provide some stuff for people who like good background story and i think i achived my goal with this.

NewOne: Hehe yeah if you have the reading stamina you can read through it pretty good, i just didn't find a perfect way to present the dialog and it would probably take a day or two to change this, but you won't be dissapointed by the story.

inf666ipi: The story is meant to end there, i could have written on and on, but i wanted to draw the line there and hand the challenge to you, the simmer, to decide how their story progresses and basically "write" your own progress in your neighbourhood. I had different story arcs in mind for the progress, so i couldn't really decide which one i want to take, i have one where Daniel settles with the rebellious black haired girl, one where Stanley's loansharks return and cripple the safety of their new home, or where Daniel changes Haruka's attitude and manages to create a close bond to her again without the money background ... possibilities over possibilities ... I never intended to leave someone hanging, just that you continue the story in your neighbourhood, my story is basically an intro to their new life

Also i expected to receive a changes required at least once and i planned to add some more pictures to the story, gonna add them now.
I checked the text 10 times before upload hehe, but there is always something i overlook, gonna fix the small mistakes now.

I forgot a CC link for Maria's lipstick:
"Plump Lipstick" by Channy & Vivin
- Search for the word "megaupload" to quickly find the downloadlink!

Again thanks for looking in, this was probably the biggest upload i will ever upload here, but i just got carried away with this Happy simming.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:06 PM
I cant get the hair for rebecca lane. every time i download it the .rar it says its corrupt or damaged.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolmanmon
I cant get the hair for rebecca lane. every time i download it the .rar it says its corrupt or damaged.

Should work fine, i tested the CC, redownload the hair.

-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 3:41 PM
Fantastic upload, really epic! What a great bunch of unique and individual sims, and a fascinating and interesting story. You've put a lot of work into this and it really is awesome, great job!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 3:48 PM
Damn, Daniel looks good. Great stories, too! 10 **********! 10 stars factorial, that'd be pretty big!

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 6:51 PM
I love it so much when people use creativity in such wonderful ways, I'll read your story and get familiar with all of them as soon as I have the moment to stop properly and do it!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 9:00 PM
I think this is really fantastic. I often get bored with my Sims before I can play them long enough to get such depth out of the characters. I'm really impressed with the amount of though and creativity that was put into this! Big Kudos!
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 10:10 PM
This is amazing. You put a lot of work into this and it shows. Great job, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:46 PM Last edited by PiperK1980 : 9th Apr 2010 at 12:14 AM.
I can't wait to get this in game!! What house is used? I would love to know. FYI: Tiffany Glaze by escand is no longer available.

*Newness coming.....*
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 3:04 AM
Thanks Slipslop, Elena is such a cute/rebellious girl. I love her. Great gang
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PiperK1980
I can't wait to get this in game!! What house is used? I would love to know. FYI: Tiffany Glaze by escand is no longer available.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the house was uploaded a day or two ago... just go back a page or so in lots and you'll find it.

What a great concept! And a ton of work! Thank you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 1:21 PM
Thanks everyone for comments, i appreciate it

Quote: Originally posted by PiperK1980

Hope you enjoy playing them. It's "The Cole Residence", you can find it under Related Pages or if you browse the downloads on my profile.

Also thanks for the tip for the Tiffany Glaze, i changed the link to it, so everyone can find it. Here the new link: "Oh My Tiffany -an eye set-"

Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:02 PM
I dont know how to play it on The sims 3!! I did download all of the CC needed and the SIMs files . but i dont know how to play it!! what do i do now?

please reply!
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:20 PM
Great Sims thanks

I found it funny that your sim has the same name as me
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 7:28 PM
Hurrah!! Pretty sims!
I can't tell you how grateful I am for uploading and sharing these; you have an absolutely amazing talent for creating faces - my sims never turn out anywhere near as good!

I'm only part way through your story and I've loved it so far!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st May 2010 at 10:37 AM
can i set their relationship?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alex12341
can i set their relationship?

Enter the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat, then you can modify their relationship bars. If you want to go after the story, Elena projects her hate mostly on Daniel and Rebecca and she doesn't really like anyone, Rebecca likes everyone and hates nobody. Everyone else is pretty balanced.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th May 2010 at 2:04 AM
How do they climbo n the roof?? Is that something that your download doesn't include, like just basegame? Because that's awesome. :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th May 2010 at 4:42 AM
Really well done western onset of family project,
with nice attention to detail like the roof and the cigarettes.
Hiroshi/Stanley is absolutely spot on.
Theorist
#25 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:13 AM
Eh... how come I need to login to MATY to download Haruka Ling's hair when I read from one of the posts here that you don't need an account to download items from there?
Page 1 of 2