Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sheik's outfit

by JulieAlesha Posted 4th Apr 2010 at 12:11 AM - Updated 4th Apr 2010 at 5:08 PM by JulieAlesha : adding adult female version

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:48 AM
Wow! Excellent work!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:50 AM
OMG I LOVE YOU!!! Make more please!!! Sorry! :lovestruc
It's beautiful! *cries in happiness*

Oh question, is this for a guy sim? Because Sheik is actually a girl (Zelda) but in disguise. So I'm not sure if you made that a male mesh or not. If it is a male converting it to female would be awesome. :]

Oh and I may think about uploading a Shiek sim now :D

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Hackster Manic : 4th Apr 2010 at 2:01 AM.
I think he looks great.

The creator isn't wrong, Sheik was originally portrayed as a male, or at least according to popular belief. There was very little indication as to his/her sex in the game. I believe that in OoT, Princess Ruto refers to Shiek as a 'young man', and instructs Link to 'thank him', but I can't confirm that.

There's actually a lot of debate about whether Sheik is male or female. It's true that he/she is Zelda, but the princess used magic to change her identity, and I think it would take more than a tight costume and a scarf to keep the king of evil at bay for 7 years so it's perfectly plausible that she changed herself into a man. I'd like to think that Zelda's magic is capable of something a little more impressive than a quick-change routine.

It's my belief that Sheik is male.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/...sheik_super.jpg
He's bishonen (pretty-boy, so is Link actually.) certainly, and appears to have quite effeminate features, but that is typical in a lot of Japanese culture - look
at Gackt for example, need I say more?

The only 'proof' of Nintendo's intentions appeared recently in Sheik's description on Super Smash Bros Brawl that refers to Sheik as a female, but I have to wonder if that was the original plan. I believe that it may have been down to censorship and how the west would take to the concept of a woman turning into a man etc etc, but that's only a guess with the insanity of political correctness that has been sweeping the west over the past few years.

Personally I prefer the idea of Sheik as a male.

As for the creator, I apologize for turning this into a discussion, but I felt that I needed to clear up that misunderstanding for you.
I love your work and I'm already using your Resident Evil sims.
Excellent work, keep it up.:-D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hackster Manic
I believe that in OoT, Princess Ruto refers to Shiek as a 'young man', and instructs Link to 'thank him', but I can't confirm that.

That is true... I just finished OoT a few weeks ago, and I remember Ruto calling Sheik a "young man" and telling Link to thank "him" (: so when Sheik turned into Zelda, I was extremely confused xD

*deletes emotions.exe*
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:32 AM
Squeeeee! *grabs*

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:15 AM
I love it! :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catc0617
That is true... I just finished OoT a few weeks ago, and I remember Ruto calling Sheik a "young man" and telling Link to thank "him" (: so when Sheik turned into Zelda, I was extremely confused xD

Thank you.:-D
Well then, either Zelda has the magical capacity to change into a man, or has always been a man (who wished he was a princess and dressed accordingly).
Either way, if she's ever going to be Link's love interest, I hope he's open minded.:-p
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 12:02 PM
I love this character and I think I haven't even gotten to play the game he's in yet. (yes I used he...like many fans I prefer to think of him as a different character and all...although in a way the concept of changing magically into a male is a cool concept, I personally detest it for Zelda and it also took me a long time to like her "pink princess" dresses and super girly crap usual depictions, "damsel in distress" crap...ect. I prefer 80's zelda from the cartoon who wore pants, a shirt, a vest, didn't always needed saving, and even saved link a couple of times.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:27 PM
Well, even if you don't take into account Sheik being referred to as male in Ocarina of Time, just by looking at his character model in the Smash Brothers games you can definitely tell the body structure is that of a male. Plus I like to think of it as being similar to a situation in the anime/manga Ranma 1/2, where the main character is a guy but has a cursed form where he turns into a girl. With Zelda's magic, it wouldn't be improbable for her to change form either, and if you think about it, Link has changed his own form before, albeit through the use of masks, which altered his SPECIES entirely, into Gorons and Zoras and such O.O
So I don't think it's too strange that Zelda can transform into a guy form when she needs to =)

Anyway, thank you all, for downloading and commenting, feedback is always appreciated =)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hackster Manic
I think he looks great.

The creator isn't wrong, Sheik was originally portrayed as a male, or at least according to popular belief. There was very little indication as to his/her sex in the game. I believe that in OoT, Princess Ruto refers to Shiek as a 'young man', and instructs Link to 'thank him', but I can't confirm that.

There's actually a lot of debate about whether Sheik is male or female. It's true that he/she is Zelda, but the princess used magic to change her identity, and I think it would take more than a tight costume and a scarf to keep the king of evil at bay for 7 years so it's perfectly plausible that she changed herself into a man. I'd like to think that Zelda's magic is capable of something a little more impressive than a quick-change routine.

It's my belief that Sheik is male.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/...sheik_super.jpg
He's bishonen (pretty-boy, so is Link actually.) certainly, and appears to have quite effeminate features, but that is typical in a lot of Japanese culture - look
at Gackt for example, need I say more?

The only 'proof' of Nintendo's intentions appeared recently in Sheik's description on Super Smash Bros Brawl that refers to Sheik as a female, but I have to wonder if that was the original plan. I believe that it may have been down to censorship and how the west would take to the concept of a woman turning into a man etc etc, but that's only a guess with the insanity of political correctness that has been sweeping the west over the past few years.

Personally I prefer the idea of Sheik as a male.

As for the creator, I apologize for turning this into a discussion, but I felt that I needed to clear up that misunderstanding for you.
I love your work and I'm already using your Resident Evil sims.
Excellent work, keep it up.:-D

I wasn't intentionally starting an argument. I just had a question. I'm sorry you thought I was proving JulieAlesha wrong, but I always thought Shiek was a girl- turns out s/he was Zelda. I don't believe Zelda had the powers to do so- because if she did, she should've saved Hyrule herself. But that's not the point.

I love your creations Julie and I hope you continue to create. :] Sorry for starting all of this, I didn't mean to.

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Space Pony
#12 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:52 PM
Regardless of whether Sheik was actually a genderbender deal or not, it would be nice to have the outfit in female form to use as an Athletic outfit for my Zelda sim...otherwise I'm staying out of the argument, thankyouverymuch. Nicely done either way, although due to the fact that there *are* people who believe differently from you, whether or not they're right or wrong, you should at least consider converting it. ^^;
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:38 PM
Very cool! I think I'll be adding a Sheik to my neighbourhood soon! Thank you!

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:49 PM
LOL, there's no argument going on here, simply a discussion =)
And yes, I can't say 100% for sure that Sheik IS actually male, so I suppose it doesn't really matter what my view is ^_^'
I'll make a female version of the outfit and add it to this upload =)
Space Pony
#15 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 6:26 PM
Yay! *downloads both*
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JulieAlesha
LOL, there's no argument going on here, simply a discussion =)
And yes, I can't say 100% for sure that Sheik IS actually male, so I suppose it doesn't really matter what my view is ^_^'
I'll make a female version of the outfit and add it to this upload =)

Thanks very much! :]

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 8:32 PM
Hi, i've got a problem over here..
if I download it, extract, etc.
and I Load the game, there is no sign of something downloaded..
checked on youtube but, didn't change,
so do you, or someone know how?
Love this Zelda-figure so i want it (:
tnx anyway
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 10:01 PM
Did you make sure to put the extracted file into your downloads folder? =)
I don't know why it wouldnt show up otherwise, since its a Maxis basegame mesh..
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:42 AM
The way I look at the Sheik's Sex debate is when you talk about Sheik as Sheik he's a guy, when you talk about Zelda as Sheik she's a girl. It kinda depends if you want to view Sheik as a separate character or not.

By the way JulieAlesha, very nice work. Do you accept requests?
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:13 AM
OMFG!!!! Awesome Work! Yeah, even here is a debate!
But, never mind, i love this Sim *__* now i have someone to thrill my Link Sim XD
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JulieAlesha
Did you make sure to put the extracted file into your downloads folder? =)
I don't know why it wouldnt show up otherwise, since its a Maxis basegame mesh..

Yh, i have done that, I start the game and it doesn't exist in my catalog
if i look on youtube, I don't understand, yh i know, I'm stupid (:
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 12:16 AM
OMG this is awesome! I've been looking for Sheik's outfit for a long time now.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:54 AM
sheik's a girl, she's zelda isn't she?
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 9:33 PM
...Wow, that's just plain awesome! Now I think I'll go ahead and delete the one I've been struggling with in bodyshop and get yours. Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 9:12 AM
Aaah, I was planning on making an outfit like this, but you totally beat me to it! xD

Looks nice! Good job. ♥
Page 1 of 3