Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bits 'N' Bobs - 11 (not 10!) facial effects for your Sims

by MistyBlue Posted 12th Apr 2010 at 1:35 AM - Updated 12th Apr 2010 at 1:21 PM by mistyblue4

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:50 AM
I've wanting something like this for my Sims

Thank you!
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:58 AM
Haha!!!! I dont even need this, because I've already downloaded all your sims, and have already been using your amazing masks for a long time!!!!! But, great upload, and a great idea! You're so right! After working on sims for years, the most important thing I've found about trying to make a sim look like somone real is to see their flaws, and wrinkles, and dimples, and to recreate them. People are not flawless, and neither should our sims be! After all, art imitates life! Yeah, I cant spell!!! lol But realy great work!!!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:45 AM
Oh that is so cool! Facial effects are always so handy!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:24 AM
This is a fantasic set (and helpfull too)! Thank you so much
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:17 AM
Those effects are looking very realistic. You did a very good job. This will make the Sims looks much more unique.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:05 PM
Love it! Can't wait to try out the smirk line especially. *grin*
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:53 PM
Thank you! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! I love facial effects and this set is fantastic! You rock!! .
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:19 PM
Wauw, it looks so real!
thanks alot!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 7:50 PM
You are all too kind, thank you everyone I'm really happy you like this tiny pack!

WP - Lol, that's sweet, that you have all my sims and find my cc useful :lovestruc

WWW - I hope you'll find good use for them

larsson - Thank you so much!

Nix - You are most welcome After using your creations for years, I'm happy I made something you can use!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:48 PM
Lol...You know much I love this kind of effects...
I think they make all the difference,like WP says.
They are great and I'm sure I'm gonna use them a lot!
Thank's Misty! :lovestruc

PS: Now I'm waiting for some great hairlines from you, cause I know you can't live without them either

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vera Marina
PS: Now I'm waiting for some great hairlines from you, cause I know you can't live without them either

Haha, Vera, you're killing me :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:04 AM
These look really amazing...I always thought that something was always keeping them from being a bit more realistic....and this was what they were lacking! Wonderful job and thank you! It's true that it is the little imperfections that actually make them look the most perfected!
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:46 PM
Awesome!

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:31 AM
OH. MY. UHGOSH.
Thank you SOO MUCH FOR THIS!
I usually don't type in all caps like that, but this is a big deal.
I always wondered how you made such detailed Sim-lebrities...
This will be a major help with my future undertakings.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 11:59 AM
Nice job - well done
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 12:41 AM
I've got most of these alread in my game, from downloading your amazing Sims. I've never seen the Smirk line before and have the perfect Sim to try it out on. Thanks for making my Sims look more realistic.
Instructor
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 11:17 PM
Are these hereditary? i.e. do parents pass them on to their progeny? just curious how the genetics work on these--btw they are very, very cool! I will definitely enjoy them.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 12:19 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys, enjoy using these!!

M3g7e - Since these facial effects are only make-up, they are not hereditary, they need to be put on a sim in BodyShop or CAS Have fun!
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:27 AM
Thanks so much for this. I needed some good smirk lines for my smirky sims, and some good nosolabial lines for my self sim seeing as I has them :D
Perhaps now I can make some more realistic sims *usually only makes SHINY PRETTY MALES* I've gotten myself into a sim making rut (they don't look the same, they're all just...so pretty) so maybe this will help me ^^

~ * No cheating, no fun... * ~
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:21 PM
Wow, that's very very useful misty,thank u!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:47 AM
Awesome!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:44 AM
Anyone know if this is good for dark sims? I don't want to get it, if my dark sims look weird..
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:17 AM
Rinfujo - It won't look weird on dark sims, the lighter shades just won't be that visible, but the dark ones will look good. Eyebags and the light anti-shine will look odd though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:08 AM
Oh, yes, these definitely make a difference. I love having _subtle_ ways to make Sims look a little older--the way you can pick and choose whatever bits you like instead of a full-face set of lines allows for more variations in apparent age.
For example, I've currently got a light smirk line and a bit of cheek-hollow on my Sim of Green Lantern, Hal Jordan--and it not only makes him seem around 30-something instead of the typical around 19 most Sim adults tend to look, but also more like _him_. These things don't just add age, they add _character_.

And yes, he's still "pretty". He's just _mature_ pretty.

...Notorious
Page 1 of 2