Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Château Roquefort – Miniature palace, no CC

by plasticbox Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 11:58 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:06 AM
really beautifully set out, thank you.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:50 AM
Very nice and expensiv look, good job.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:05 AM
I really love the concept of this home: "old money". It has the old mansion feel to it; I LOVE the staircases in the place. I don't think you ever get enough credit for your staircases in ALL your homes. They're.... just amazing. I wish I could do something like your Foyer- where the 2nd level is 1.5 walls up....

Anyhow, my only antagonistic though about this place is the landscaping... Why is... there really none? It's an old mansion, so I'd imagen that the landscaping would be quite immense. Obviously, you had something other in mind, and it is your home... so I'm happy with it anyway!!

*First downloaded lot in awhile!*

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:40 AM
This is awesome, love the split leveling, servants quarters, stables, colors, and little details everywhere. I can see this type of style in with other historical buildings where I live, where land is limited and there isn't much landscaping at all. Single buildings are rare amongst all the connected shops, museums, and housing.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 9:19 AM
That looks really terrific. Thank you Plasticbox!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:25 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 20th Apr 2010 at 1:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999
Anyhow, my only antagonistic though about this place is the landscaping... Why is... there really none? It's an old mansion, so I'd imagen that the landscaping would be quite immense.

I'm sorry about it too, but the game is ridiculously crippled like that – I can't do anything about it, only EA can. I hope this will change with the next expansion (EA seem to have announced that lot sizes will become editable then, like they always were in TS2), but right now, people have to make do with whatever lots they have left in their worlds, with no way to change them or add any.

If I'd put this on a 40x20 lot and add parks to the left and right, people with 30x30 lots wouldn't be able to use it. If I'd make it 30x40 and add stuff to the front and back, people with 40x20 lots can't use it. If I'd make it 50x40, neither of them could use it .. and so on. Right now the only way out seems to be to put a building on the absolute minimum size I can manage, and leave the rest up to the user – I'd rather download a house I can actually use, even if I have to add my own landscaping, rather than one that comes with a really nice park but is unuseable since it won't fit on any lot I have.

I hope this makes sense =).

(Also, what ellywig said – cities like Paris, Milano, Vienna, Venice and so on are chock full of palais and palazzos right in the middle of the city, surrounded by other houses, with no landscaping whatsoever .. of course some have parks and whatnot, but usually not in the city. Where I live, there is at least one that used to have a gigantic park more than a century ago, but now there are several blocks of houses (some of them historical monuments in their own right) where the park used to be. This is not uncommon in large, old cities.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:31 PM
You always make "perfect" houses.
Just when I think you couldn't top yourself, well, you do.
Thank you once again!

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:08 PM
looks awesome, finally some one who makes huge houses for small lots. And i actually love that there is no landscaping, i dont know why many house builders spend so much of their energy on the outside and then on the inside its barely satisfactory.
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 8:09 PM
looks great! thank you so much for making this!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I'm sorry about it too, but the game is ridiculously crippled like that – I can't do anything about it, only EA can. I hope this will change with the next expansion (EA seem to have announced that lot sizes will become editable then, like they always were in TS2), but right now, people have to make do with whatever lots they have left in their worlds, with no way to change them or add any.

If I'd put this on a 40x20 lot and add parks to the left and right, people with 30x30 lots wouldn't be able to use it. If I'd make it 30x40 and add stuff to the front and back, people with 40x20 lots can't use it. If I'd make it 50x40, neither of them could use it .. and so on. Right now the only way out seems to be to put a building on the absolute minimum size I can manage, and leave the rest up to the user – I'd rather download a house I can actually use, even if I have to add my own landscaping, rather than one that comes with a really nice park but is unuseable since it won't fit on any lot I have.

I hope this makes sense =).

It does, it does. It is quite sad of TS3 lacks that detail. When I first got the game, it was one of the first things I noticed... When I first heard about the game, I was under the impression that the town was a HUGE grid, so you could build anything anywhere.... That obviously is NOT the case... but I'm ok now. I hope I didn't sound like it was criticizing your work, because trust me, I wasn't! I was just a bit confused.

In my town, it's already landscaped, so I'm good

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999
I hope I didn't sound like it was criticizing your work, because trust me, I wasn't! I was just a bit confused.
No worries, I only wanted to explain why I do this. I realise it's probably not all that obvious.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 2:51 AM
Beautifully done. I was reading the comments and I wanted to say thank you for keeping the lot small. A lot of times I'll find a beautiful lot and when I try to use it in my game I realize I have no space available for it. So annoying! This house reminds me soo much of something from War and Peace the miniseries. You've inspired me to start a sims 3 version of my old War and Peace neighborhood!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:56 AM
This is gorgeous, Plasticbox! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 9:00 AM
This house is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 10:56 AM
Adorable - You are such a great housebuilder for useable playable houses!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 6:22 PM
Beautiful! I love it has so many details inside. Thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 12:38 AM
I was ready to pass this by until I saw that it was made by you. Then of course, I had to go into the post and download. It is beautiful. You are so good at decorating rooms. I just love it. Thank you!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 2:43 PM
Hey plasticbox! Are you all right? Haven't seen anything from you for quite a while ...

Hope you're doing fine!

Cath
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 11:07 PM
I LOVE your homes, thank you very much for making them It's hard to find houses that don't require WA