Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Community items in residential lot

by loba Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:58 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2008 at 1:20 PM by -Maylin-

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 8:03 PM
ill try it :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 8:16 PM
Hehe, cool. Thanks alot! :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:10 PM
this is awesome! I hope this works!
#5 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:03 AM
The clerk should leave after about a day once you delete the register. It's sorta funny to see him/her slouching around the lot, lounging in front of the TV all day.

Great hack!

-Enilk
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:34 AM
Default patience is a virtue
Quote: Originally posted by EnilkLibbVII
The clerk should leave after about a day once you delete the register. It's sorta funny to see him/her slouching around the lot, lounging in front of the TV all day.

Great hack!

-Enilk

I should have been patient the first time it happened he never wanted to leave so I walled him off, the poor guy when he announced he was leaving he was already walled off and I didn't want to let him out after I had waited so long for his death, poor poor Blair...

-loba
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 7:50 AM
Default thanks
this is just what i needed for the departmentstore that i am building....

thanks

perfect timing.............

You should never put a cap on violence!! Suppressing violent urges only leads to psycological internal violence! Got it!? If I were to use an analogy, I'd turn to yeast! The root of all bread making!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:36 AM
Still a cool idea and it has applications nonetheless. Especially if you were doing theme Sims (ie Regency, Victorian era) the sim's home would be the shop as well! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:49 PM
That is so cool. My computer runs so slow it takes forever to go shopping. Thanks!!
P.S does anyone know anything about the cheat- StretchSkeleton ?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 7:22 PM
MIne too, mine bloody well too, I just cant go to the shops anymore, it takes forever. So I normaly force my Sims to wear what they've got.
Many thankyous Loba
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 6:33 PM
hey where do you put the file? in downloads or in collections?
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 6:35 PM
oh whoops, i just read the readme! hehe nevermind
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 2:23 AM
Default Collections folder ;-)
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2clamp
oh whoops, i just read the readme! hehe nevermind

No problem, I know with so many read mes I don't always read each one either.

For anyone who might not check the read me, place the folder in your collections folder.
It is located in: EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Collections

-loba
#14 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 2:41 PM
Really Great !!
Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !!

It's all I can say ...

Cause I have to go playing now ... !! :-))

p.s. excuse my english cause I'm french (Quebecer) ;-)

Kira
#15 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 5:16 PM
could it mess up the game?? the hack?

im worried if the hack could mess up the computor and i don't want to get in a big mess!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 7:04 PM
Any chance we could get all the residential items made available for community lots?Not just the regular items but the other items like the repo gun and the boxes.I've had to settle for making a warehouse full of toy boxes,but the real boxes would be nice.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 7:40 PM
Crosso, Not to sound harsh about this, but.....

There is always the chance any mod/hack could not only mess up your game and/or computer.

The golden rule, if you really want to try any of this and get involved, backup all your files first.
#18 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 9:33 PM
This is so awesome, thank you
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#19 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 2:10 AM
Lovely but the ShopAtHome Collection was already here :D

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...?threadid=10409

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 6:53 AM
Default I'm not worried but I'm cautious
Quote: Originally posted by Crosso15
could it mess up the game?? the hack?

im worried if the hack could mess up the computor and i don't want to get in a big mess!!

While I haven't had any problems with this on my own system you must be aware that this collection was changed with SimPE which is a beta product so there's always a chance something can happen and these items were intended for use in the community lot so there may be some unintended consequences with using this collection. I would always advise that you back up your system.

However, I would like to note that while this is a hack what I did was (again thanks Carrigon for decribing how to make residential items for community lots after placing all, yes I'm insane, of the residential items in various folders for the community lots I decided I also wanted to shop at home - think of it as you sims shopping online) go into SimPE after having created a folder on the residential lot and change the type of collection it was. So instead of it being a community lot folder it became a residential lot folder. So the items themselves were never changed, just where the Sims 2 places the folder was changed.

But again, caution is a virtue. After we downloaded some hack attached to a lot that could not be found with djs sim's hack finder the game wasn't fun, 'cause parts of it were too easy and others were too buggy so we started over, all of our families gone. After that experience I would say always back up your game if you're invested in your sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 6:54 AM
Default Cool
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat

Great minds think alike. ;-)
#22 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loba
While I haven't had any problems with this on my own system you must be aware that this collection was changed with SimPE which is a beta product so there's always a chance something can happen and these items were intended for use in the community lot so there may be some unintended consequences with using this collection. I would always advise that you back up your system.

However, I would like to note that while this is a hack what I did was (again thanks Carrigon for decribing how to make residential items for community lots after placing all, yes I'm insane, of the residential items in various folders for the community lots I decided I also wanted to shop at home - think of it as you sims shopping online) go into SimPE after having created a folder on the residential lot and change the type of collection it was. So instead of it being a community lot folder it became a residential lot folder. So the items themselves were never changed, just where the Sims 2 places the folder was changed.

But again, caution is a virtue. After we downloaded some hack attached to a lot that could not be found with djs sim's hack finder the game wasn't fun, 'cause parts of it were too easy and others were too buggy so we started over, all of our families gone. After that experience I would say always back up your game if you're invested in your sims.
backup the system?!? i don't know how to do that?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 9:57 PM Last edited by shaythong8 : 29th Jan 2005 at 10:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...?threadid=10409 Does not have all the objects. :argh:

THIS IS BETTER this one Has more objects like [phones, toilets, trash can] :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 11:48 PM
Default Backing up
Quote: Originally posted by Crosso15
backup the system?!? i don't know how to do that?

This basically means saving things you don't want to lose. So the easiest way to do this would be to just copy the Sims 2 folder and save it somewhere. You could also just choose to save the things you want, for instance if you didn't care about saving families but wanted to save all of your downloaded items you would want to save the Downloads folder. If you want to save your familes then you could save just the Neighborhood folder (in that case you would also probably want to save the Storytelling and Movies folders).

I'm pretty lazy so I just save everything but downloads. For the downloads for clothes and recolors I save those in a seperate ongoing downloads folder and just because I don't want to go searching for hacks all hacked items are saved in another folder.

-loba
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 2:43 AM
Has anyone seen a hack for residential items in a community lot ability?
Page 1 of 5