Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tiny Filesize Invisible Appliances for Lot Builders with Targa SupaFridge Recolour

by Sophie-David Posted 26th Apr 2010 at 6:43 PM - Updated 27th Jan 2016 at 5:25 PM by Sophie-David : Added SupaFridge Invisible Recolour

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:01 PM
this is great! thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:32 PM
Wonderful! I was to lazy to make them for my own Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:48 PM Last edited by sunni9676 : 26th Apr 2010 at 9:11 PM.
Excellent! You just saved me a lot of work on making invisible recolors that were on my to-do-list Great idea and implementation. I'm so glad you are making things for medieval hoods!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:54 PM
This is a great set!
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 1:53 AM
Thank you folks for the encouragement!

Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
I'm so glad you are making things for medieval hoods!!!
I feel the same way about your creations, sunni - particularly the NPC replacements which I am even using in my AnyGameStarter test neighbourhoods.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:50 PM
I love this to bits! Finally, finally a fridge, garbage disposal and dishwasher that doesn't mess up medieval lots! thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 9:10 AM
These were so needed in my 'hood. Thank you so much for sharing.
Banned
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 10:36 PM
Hey this is very neat!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2010 at 12:25 PM
wow thank you very much, this was much needed!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd May 2010 at 5:59 AM
Sweet idea! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:28 PM
This should come in very handy for me. Thank you so much. n_n
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:51 PM
You're welcome!

More are on the way.
Not actually evil.
#14 Old 8th May 2010 at 11:30 PM
Fantastic! Modern stuff in medieval hoods is so jarring. These lovely creations let sims do necessary everyday things while looking like they belong!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th May 2010 at 6:33 PM
Thank you Cat!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
Reporting an issue - appliances are invisible but barrels are not showing up

IndigoKarin ;)
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoKarin
Reporting an issue - appliances are invisible but barrels are not showing up
You will need to install mine or other barrels of your choice.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 5:31 PM
Update: Gwyrch Version of Invisible Dishwasher, Sept 12/10
Update: Gwyrch Version of Invisible Dishwasher, Sept 12/10

The version of the Invisible Dishwasher present in StephSim's Gwyrch series was incompatible with the newer recolour first uploaded here. If this new file overwrote the Gwyrch version then all the Invisible Dishwasher recolours present in Gwyrch would have to be recoloured again (which is particularly awkward to do in an apartment common area). The current download zip now includes the original Gwyrch version. The Gwrych version is admittedly twice the size of the incompatible recolour, but it is still under 2 kB. Please do not redistribute the incompatible dishwasher recolour (filesize less than 1 kB). In this case compatibility definitely trumps innovation. My apologies to Gwrych fans for any inconvenience!
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:02 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 27th Oct 2010 at 9:12 PM.
Default Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker

The Invisible Dishwasher recolour is also now available as part of the Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker project. If you are using the NPC Dishwasher the standalone recolour available here may be removed from your Downloads folder. The invisible recolour provided within the NPC Dishwasher package is fully compatible with the standard Basegame expensive dishwasher also.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:23 AM
This is such a great idea! As you said it, modern appliances spoil medieval or fantasy households. And there are alternatives by now, but if one is picky and wants to have the whole kitchen in one style, than this is the perfect solution. Thanks very much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:27 PM
You're welcome, alchemist.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 6:47 PM
This doesn't work for me. I have CEP but no recolors show up in my game, the only thing that can be invisible is a stove but all other objects are still visible. I have even redownloaded it but it still doesn't work. I have Uni, NL, OFB, Bon voyage, pets, apartment life and celebration stuff. I have some hacks installed. One of them is Gunmods camera hack. Could it be that since there is no fading there? Just speculating. Anyway.. Any clue what the problem could be?
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
This doesn't work for me. I have CEP but no recolors show up in my game, the only thing that can be invisible is a stove but all other objects are still visible. I have even redownloaded it but it still doesn't work. I have Uni, NL, OFB, Bon voyage, pets, apartment life and celebration stuff. I have some hacks installed. One of them is Gunmods camera hack. Could it be that since there is no fading there? Just speculating. Anyway.. Any clue what the problem could be?
These are very simple recolours, so I can't think what would be causing them not to work for you. Note that these invisible appliances are not separate objects, but just recolours, so you have to select the original objects and then choose the invisible variants.

Are all your other recolours working properly? CEP is best installed by following the instructions exactly.

If your other recolours are working, perhaps try temporarily removing the rest of the Downloads files (not including CEP) and see what happens with these?
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 3:07 AM
Update: Targa SupaFridge Invisible Recolour, Feb. 25/14
The original mini fridge invisible recolour in this set works with the EA University version as well as Lord Darcy's FreeTime update to Targa's SupaFridge. However, if you need to use Targa's original SupaFridge because you do not have the later EPs, please download sdTargasSupaFridge_Invisible.zip. You do not need this file unless you are using the original SupaFridge.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 5:47 AM
Thanks, David! You are so kind.
Page 1 of 2