Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2010 at 11:30 PM
Default Cow mascots--Love 'em or hate 'em?
I think the cow mascots are good for a laugh, except when they try to flirt with one of my Sims and cause problems in their relationship.

They're good as free maid and gardening service. After a cow mascot is done joy-buzzering my Sim, my Sim Influences them to garden or clean up. Poetic justice when the cow mascot has made a huge mess by pulling a prank with the sprinklers. They made the mess, let THEM clean it up!

Lots of times I'll have a Sim befriend one of the llama mascots, and if a cow mascot shows up, my Sim invites the llama over, and the two mascots get into a fight. I don't mind the llamas and cheerleaders. They just come over and sit quietly and do research, maybe dance to the stereo--in fact I have my Sim unlock the door if one of these shows up, and at times do group research with them. The cows, on the other hand, hog up your computer.

Cows are funny when you lock them out...one time I had one try to get in and a picture of a toilet showed up in his thought bubble. I was sitting there giggling. Obviously they're Sloppy and Lazy, because they'll eat out of the trash and give your shrubs a good *ahem* "watering."
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd May 2010 at 3:13 PM
Actually, what's the use of wasting influence points to make them clean up the mess they've created anyway? Cows may be cute (well, they're COSTUME is- they're real face almost always isn't), but they make a lot of mess and I really hate that. So, whenever a cow mascot comes into my Sim's lot I'll just use the moveobjects cheat and delete him/her.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd May 2010 at 3:38 PM
I use TwoJeffs cow mascot trophy to keep them in line. They aren't able to do damage but you still get some amusement out of them. The costume is pretty cute, I especially love the udders.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd May 2010 at 5:10 PM
I got tired of them pretty quickly so, like Clashfan, have the TwoJeffs cow trophy head which is good for a laugh - I especially like the option to shoot them with a laser gun (unfortunately this doesn't kill em! hehe)

I use TwoJeff's Visitor Controller a lot in my game, especially on community lots. I also use it in my student's houses/dorms to keep out people like the coach (who's always pestering my students to work out even their body fitness is maxxed), the professors and the cow mascot.

The streakers and cheerleaders I can live with, and I quite like the llamas.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd May 2010 at 6:44 PM
I hate them...and love killing them whenever possible.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd May 2010 at 7:03 PM
I hate them (and llama mascots and cheerleaders), but I also appreciate the chaos they bring to my game. Thanks to cow mascots, I have had students miss exams after their queue was stomped when a fight broke out between a cow mascot and a cheerleader. I've also had loving couples break up (repeatedly!) after the cow flirted with one of them. (I really hate the way the game handles jealousy. Being flirted with should not cause your SO to go into a rage with you.) And the sprinkler prank comes in handy when I have a student who needs to build up cleaning skills that semester.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:51 PM
As far as that coach, I just cancel out the Work Out action from the queue. One time he was actually sitting and playing Mahjongg with my Sims!

I don't mind the llamas and cheerleaders, because I'm thinking, it can add to the family friend count for promotions later on.
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:56 PM
Cows are handy as fellow students to rope into a group study session.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th May 2010 at 3:58 AM
I've killed plenty of cow mascots. I had one that got on everyones nerves and was constantly playing stupid pranks on everyone and making messes. I finally killed IT with "death by flies" and everyone just walked over to the grave and sighed. Not one person cried.

Cheerleaders I don't mind at all. Except when they break into my sims dorm rooms and start doing their dumb cheer and wake them up. The coach rarely makes a visit to my sims. For some reason the Llamas are always nice in my game. They just come over and help everyone study lol.

I don't waste the influence points on the mascots. In fact I barely ever use the influence points anyway.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#10 Old 4th May 2010 at 5:38 AM
Haha, when I build dorms I usually add on an empty room and moveobject the cow in there... or in the bathroom and lock the door... XD it always provides entertainment. I have the no townie invincibility hack, or whatever it's called, so it causes slow and painful deaths :D

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#11 Old 4th May 2010 at 1:35 PM
I killed off one of the cow's in my first hood with the cow plant (appropriate, no?) and I had momentary sense of glee. Then the game just generated another one that seemed even more virulent than the first. Didn't see the point in killing them off after that although I do like to smite them once in awhile, just for a giggle you understand.
Inventor
#12 Old 4th May 2010 at 1:54 PM
I just HAVE to post pics here of my students terrorizing the cow.... hehe!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th May 2010 at 8:25 PM
Bwinney--I ALWAYS have my Sims lock their dorm rooms. I haven't had them be disturbed yet.

It's also a safe haven for when Mortimer Goth comes storming in there because some whipper-snapper was spying on him with the telescope....
Site Helper
#14 Old 4th May 2010 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
I've killed plenty of cow mascots. I had one that got on everyones nerves and was constantly playing stupid pranks on everyone and making messes. I finally killed IT with "death by flies" and everyone just walked over to the grave and sighed. Not one person cried.

One of mine ran afoul of a cowplant borrowed from the secret society. Four students were actually cheering the cow's death!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th May 2010 at 10:03 PM
This makes me want to play University again. x3

I don't mind it when people come into the dorm, but the cows are quite annoying. They pick on people all the time, they overuse your shower and break it, they flirt with you all the time, they set off the sprinklers, etc. I'm not bothered by others though, since they just come in and leave you alone, but cows are just a pain. I usually just use moveObjects on and delete the cow, but now I might just use the cow plant. If anything I could just influence the cow to clean up if he sets off the sprinklers, since I don't use influence much anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th May 2010 at 2:37 AM
I like Influencing a llama to kick the cow's butt.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th May 2010 at 3:05 AM
Hate 'em! I have an Indian Sim who blasted cheerleaders and cow mascots with SimWardrobe Assault Rifle. Due to his violence though, he committed suicide by surrounding himself with flies.
Theorist
#18 Old 5th May 2010 at 3:41 PM
Actually, I hate all mascots and cheerleaders. They always come into my house univited and mess up with my things- most of the time my books and my music instruments (usually guitar, though). The Myne door isn't really much help. Even if they can't enter the house, they still can come into the lot and mess up the stuffs I placed outdoor (because the space inside the house isn't always enough

@jodemilo: What did you do to the cow? And what's that gun-like thing? It looks like the ones the Repo guys have.
Inventor
#19 Old 5th May 2010 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
@jodemilo: What did you do to the cow? And what's that gun-like thing? It looks like the ones the Repo guys have.

It's a laser gun - I think it's probably exactly the same one the Repo man uses It doesn't kill the cow, merely shocks them enough to make them cry and run away. It's quite funny seeing them drop to their knees begging for mercy.

If you keep the cow mascot head on the wall the cow will always tiptoe up to it and then break down crying and run off (the short animation). If you click it to run the long animation you get the laser gun sequence.

I wish someone had created a mod to enable the teats on their udders to be pulled really hard. That would be fun too.
Scholar
#20 Old 6th May 2010 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo

I wish someone had created a mod to enable the teats on their udders to be pulled really hard. That would be fun too.

That image totally kills me!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2010 at 10:50 AM
I wonder if the creators don't like cows. You have the cowplant, the cow mascot....
Theorist
#22 Old 6th May 2010 at 11:07 AM
@jodemilo: So how'd you get your Sim have a repo man gun?
Scholar
#23 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
@jodemilo: So how'd you get your Sim have a repo man gun?

That is the feature of TwoJeffs cow trophy from Simbology.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:14 AM
I've got to say there horrible :P
I don't like them at all, they're always trashing the place, and interuppting my sims

hi, i'm yasmine.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th May 2010 at 3:49 PM
They are cute, but I liked them more when you still could call them on the phone and invite them over. After finishing university some of my sims used to invite cow mascots over for a snow ball fight or to play with the kids.

They are more annoying now, and I ask them to leave before they get to do their annoying sprinkler prank.

Is there a fix to download so you can call and invite cow mascots again?
Page 1 of 2