Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Simpsons House - 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield

by Yogi-Tea Posted 10th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
Does this really need WA for it to work? Aww.

Nice work though! Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:52 PM
I'm impressed! Tried to do this myself, but I'm too impatient.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:05 PM
Lol love the artwork! Nice job, now just need to download the Simpsons...
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:46 PM
I have been waiting for someone to make this! You did a fabulous job. I love the artwork and such awesome details!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:19 PM
This is AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing!! I LOVE the Simpsons!
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:20 PM
I have often though about doing the town my self. this is very awesome good work to all your hard research
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:54 PM
Amazing job!!! I love the bright cartoony colors!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:48 PM
You clearly have a lot of time on your hands...lol...this place is awesome. You did a great job recreating their house.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:49 PM
I tried to attempt this recently... and caved, so thanks, this is awesome
Forum Resident
#11 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:53 PM
BEST. SIMPSON. HOUSE. EVER. i <3 you
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:04 PM
Wow!
This is an amazing job!
I'm actually tempted to get more store points just so I can use this one to it's full potential!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:34 PM
Moe: Garage? Hey, fellas, the garage. Well, ooh la-di-da, Mr. Frenchman.
Homer: Well, what do you call it?
Moe: A car hole.

Anyways, great house! I LOVE IT!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:54 PM
Ha ha, this is really fun - very nice job, thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:04 PM
The Simpsons house is like the Tardis on the inside, bigger than it appears from outside and always changing.

I would love to see this house with the extention that Homer puts on in the ep where Lisa gets married.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:52 PM
Props that is all. I'll never use this in game but seriously. my hat goes off to you sir. And i rarely comment but you get a cookie.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:07 PM
This is 7 shades of awesome.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:14 PM
Blehhh, I don't have WA.
Thanks for this anyways :D
I seriously love it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:18 PM
great!!! but... im lost... 2 archives?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:23 PM
Really nice work, was about time someone creates this, i don't own WA so i can't test it out unfortunately :/

Quote: Originally posted by kepazza

1st file is house only and 2nd is the CC obviously

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM
This looks great I'm about 400 points from being able to get the items for it though
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:02 AM
Really cute. Love the Simpsons.

"War..
War never changes.
Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing path with rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything, from God, to justice, to simple psychotic rage... -Ron Perlman (intro to Fallout games).
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:20 AM
Thank you! :-)
Wow, I'm surprised to see this one being approved. A BIG thank you goes to the moderator who had been SO patient with me. It has been the first time for me that I used custom content in a build - I guess I had forgotten half of the required information when I submitted this lot first (now I understand why many people try to avoid cc in their builds) - at the end I couldn't do any more changes because my eyes were aching and I could barely see what I'm doing. Anyway, good news: I got new glasses yesterday. Yay!

Quote: Originally posted by EB64
I'm actually tempted to get more store points just so I can use this one to it's full potential!
If you don't have the store items installed they will be replaced by other objects in the same category. If you don't mind that - go ahead - you can recolour the replacement later

Quote: Originally posted by halfsquid
The Simpsons house is like the Tardis on the inside, bigger than it appears from outside and always changing.

I would love to see this house with the extention that Homer puts on in the ep where Lisa gets married.
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better. I love that quote. *lol* I don't remember the episode of Lisa's marriage well because I just saw it once and that's quite some time ago. Do you have a screencapture of it?

Quote: Originally posted by SpaceChupi
Blehhh, I don't have WA.
Sorry about that. I used a few WA items in this build so I don't think that it can be installed on computers with base game only. :-(

Quote: Originally posted by kepazza
The first reason for creating two archives was that one file would have been huge which could have been a problem for some people. The second reason was that some people might only want the custom content for their own Simpsons Houses - those people don't need to download the house too. Now all the people without having WA installed can use the floorplan and the pictures to rebuild their own Simpsons House and then place the CC in it.

Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
I'm about 400 points from being able to get the items for it though
That's no problem at all. Just replace those items with something else you already have. You just need to edit the colours a bit so that it fits to the other furniture.

Last but not least: THANKS to all of you for the lovely feedback. It's a great pleasure to read all your comments and what you think about this build. I'm a Simpsons fan myself and therefore I'm glad if you like this house. Enjoy! :lovestruc
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 8:03 AM
Looks awesome, thanks!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Sorry about that. I used a few WA items in this build so I don't think that it can be installed on computers with base game only. :-(

This is awesome anyways
I'll try downloading it and see what happens.
Page 1 of 3